• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

my problem with bourne ultimatum

dude2063

I've used 2 different movies 2 different drives and can't successfully copy them either. CloneDVD2 freezes @ 1:18:52:27 in chapter 14. It gives this error, E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB: read error Data error (cyclic redundancy check). If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface (which I tried, and went and got a 2nd copy to no avail) and try again. [File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB 23 PictureReader]

I've been using CDVD/ADVD software for about 2 years now. It's not new to me. I have no complaints to date. Excellent product! Thank you SS for your diligence and quality products.

I am having the "exact" same problem as Anthony with The Bourne U! The problem isn't with my PC or hardware or blank media. 5 completely different backups this past Tues worked flawlessly. BU was the only one that failed.

I don't backup to my HD. I backup drive to drive.

I will probably just wait for another software update like I've done for the past 2 years. I just thought I'd try this method for a try.

I just want the SS team to know that there is still a problem w/the region1 disc.

Thank you

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_BOURNE_ULTIMATUM.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

1. Please do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you want to help the original poster. click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
You might try just ripping it with anydvd only as well. There is allot of solutions and I tried them all last night except Nero Recode that's on version 8.

Webslinger and Charlie

Thank you for your advise but I am using AnyDVD6.3.0.1 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2. I will not use anything else! It's a waste of time and money! But that is my opinion. And I am speaking from experience. Not much experience, only the past 2 years.

Honestly, SS is the only product I recommend to anyone. Period. If it doesn't work right away I usually wait.

I've even tried the 2 different movies in both my DVD drives. Sony and Liteon which is about to be replaced by the way. Don't waste your money on Liteon either. You get what you pay for.

Thank you for your time Webslinger and Charlie.

D

I've even tried the 2 different movies in both my DVD drives. Sony and Liteon which is about to be replaced by the way. Don't waste your money on Liteon either. You get what you pay for.

There's no protection on this disc other than CSS, meaning that practically any program can handle it. So you're either encountering bad original discs that need to be replaced--or something is the matter with something on your system (in which case you need to provide the requested information that I asked for in my original reply).

6 people in these forums alone have had no issues with this title. Charlie used Shrink without Anydvd, and that worked perfectly fine (this should give you some indication of how incredibly unprotected this disc is).

So an Anydvd update is not going to help you.

Last edited:
You can make that 7 people Webslinger. I had no issues backing up Bourne Ultimatum R1 using Anydvd 6.3.0.0 and Clonedvd 2.9.1.2. My only speculation is that an enormous amount of bad discs were pressed?? My Anydvd status window was the same as those that I read on this forum--reflecting the fact that there's next to no protection on the disc. Maybe there's a yet to be discovered conflict with Anydvd and other applications, filters, or drivers? You'd know better than I would. Again, I'm just speculating.

Dude2063: As far as you not wanting to use any other software, I couldn't agree more. However, I would try as suggested above and try using Anydvd Ripper and post the info that Webslinger requested. Also, you could try backing up to your hard drive instead of an optical drive.

Did he say he was having a problem backing up his HD copy? I know BU was fine with just regular dvd.

Bourne

my problems is that it can’t read the one file on the disk but there is a few minor scratches I have tried 2 copies with the same problem after doing some searching and calls I found out that they have had a manufacturing problem something in the “glassing process” according to the rep out here and lots of dvd players can’t play some copies

I found out that they have had a manufacturing problem something in the “glassing process” according to the rep out here and lots of dvd players can’t play some copies

Then there must be tons of bad original discs.

Did he say he was having a problem backing up his HD copy?

I presume not. This is the Anydvd forum--not the Anydvd HD forum. Also the original poster used Clonedvd, which does not support HD-DVD nor Blu-ray.

Last edited:
i should of added that the main problem ocours when you are at the seen where Jason call'sPam in NY

HD was for Hard Drive in this case, sorry for the confusion.

Dude 2063 is right

I have encountered EXACTLY the same problem with The Bourne Ultimatum at chapter 14 in Exactly the same place as Dude 2063---I never have a problem backing up discs---there is obviously a problem with this title

I have encountered EXACTLY the same problem with The Bourne Ultimatum at chapter 14 in Exactly the same place as Dude 2063---I never have a problem backing up discs---there is obviously a problem with this title

No. You're mistaken. There is a problem with your disc (there were a ton of bad pressings). Go exchange it.

There's no protection on it (just CSS). Even dvdshrink handles this disc without Anydvd.

Bourne Ultimatum problem solved, (myself)

I have come to the conclusion that it isn't a CSS, software, or hardware issue. I would agree that there is some sort of defect in the disc (possibly) as previously stated by other troubleshooters. Lets all hope that this isn't a new way to prevent piracy!

Here is an update to what I have done. I uninstalled ADVD & CDVD2 and reinstalled older versions (2.9.0.3 C, 6.2.0.1 A to be exact). Next I returned my movie and went somewhere else for Bourne, in case it was a bad batch. Backing up w/the above mentioned versions was flawless (as usual!). The next step was to update to the current versions (which I was guessing wasn't going to matter because at this point I realized it was possibly a manufacturer's defect) and retry. Once again with up to date everything it was successful again.

The only difference between the 3 different movies other then where it was purchased was that the 2 that failed were WS (wide screen) and the 1 that worked was FF (Full Frame). Having said that I wonder if that was the culpret??? If so, how and why???

I would suggest to every1 else, try the FF version of the movie.

Good luck,

Over and out,

D

Lets all hope that this isn't a new way to prevent piracy!

It's not.

The only difference between the 3 different movies other then where it was purchased was that the 2 that failed were WS (wide screen) and the 1 that worked was FF (Full Frame). Having said that I wonder if that was the culpret??? If so, how and why???

The manufacturing defect has predominately affected the WS version.

Back