• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Bourne Ultimatum

Charlie

I used AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.2. Below is the anydvd log as well as the info window and the clonedvd2 log. All ripped fine. I used the default settings in anydvd to reset your anydvd setting to default open anydvd and click on the button that says default and try again.

AnyDVD Info Window

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.1)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2064128 sectors (4031 MBytes)
Total size: 4118938 sectors (8044 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_BOURNE_ULTIMATUM
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

The CloneDVD2 log is too long so I'll attach that as well. in a reply post. txt is too big sorry on the clonedvd2 log.

I am willing to try any other methods asked as well just request to use an application here and I'll gladly try it as well.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_THE_BOURNE_ULTIMATUM.zip
    86.4 KB · Views: 9
Will do. Do you want the log too or is that going to just be the same as the one I upped?

No problem with doing that either...See Pic below:

40728942oq5.png

Any other requests?

Thank you very much.

There's no special protection on this disc (just regular CSS), so I don't see why people would be having problems (other than a typical bad original disc).

No problem least you have a thread for reference now.

No problem, I enjoy testing when I have the title in question.

I agree that there must be something "special" with this disc. I still cannot make a working backup of my copy. I have traded the disc back to WalMart 4 times now, and they told me the last one was the last time.

There is nothing wrong with the disc. AnyDVD copies it fine, but during playback with PowerDVD it goes blank every 2 seconds or so for 1 second, then comes back. The audio remains constant when this happens.

I also made a backup with DVDFab's latest beta, and it produces the exact same results.

To test my theory, I drove to my office at work, different machine, different burner, and the results are "Identical".

Guess I'll give up backing up the original for now until someone figures it out. There has to be something going on in this region 1 WS version. After 4 discs traded, it's not the disc.

I agree that there must be something "special" with this disc.

Did you not read the thread you're posting in? There is nothing special with the discs. Charlie had absolutely no issues. He was posting simply to confirm this.

AnyDVD copies it fine, but during playback with PowerDVD it goes blank every 2 seconds or so for 1 second, then comes back. The audio remains constant when this happens.

This is either an issue with a poor quality burn or an issue with your playback software. Anydvd handles this disc perfectly fine. Everything handles this disc perfectly fine. It doesn't matter what you use.

Without being an expert I would say AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 is not responsible for that problem (in particular due to the fact there is not any copy protection besides CSS).

I have had a similar problem with a UNIVERSUM movie, AnyDVD showing solely CSS protection and (after wasting 3 blank dvd's) the solution was quite easy: I cleaned the original disc with some water, dried it carefully and copied it successfully (AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2).

Another possibility would be a slowly dying DVD-drive, but in this case it is quite unlikely since mp3mogul also tried it in his office...

The disc (all 4) were completely spotless, nothing on them at all.

I have now, as of this time tried a total of 7, and 4 of them came from different places, they all produce the same results.

I have been to doom's website, as well as dvdfab's website and users are reporting the same thing I am saying at both sites. Users are having problems all over with this disc.

I agree that it is "possible" that there was a VERY HUGE batch of discs that have been pressed badly, but I wouldn't think it would affect 4 different places.

I have also read people stating that it copied their discs fine, and then 2 or 3 releases later, the changelog stated that it fixed such and such problem with such and such title film.

I'll keep searching the web until I find a way to resolve the issue I'm having, now after booting AnyDVD ripper will not rip past 70 percent, on the remaining 4 discs that I have in my possession, it stops at the same place on all 4. The id numbers around the disc hub are no where near each other, so I would say that are not from the same batch.

I am not new to this either, I have been a mod at cdr-info for 8 years now, and have been burning the entire time.

Let's hope I can find a resolve to the issue, since most say it's not an AnyDVD problem, I'll search elsewhere for the problem.

Thanks for all the responses to the problem!

I have also read people stating that it copied their discs fine, and then 2 or 3 releases later, the changelog stated that it fixed such and such problem with such and such title film.

Charlie isn't some noob. He's provided plain, clear instructions showing what he did. He had no issues

1) using Anydvd ripper
2) using Shrink without Anydvd running in the background (you do realize the significance of that, right?)
3) using Clonedvd for a full disc backup,
and
4) using Clonedvd for a main movie backup

Drinklyeanddie also PMed to say he had no issues either.

These people do not copy rentals. One person is using Vista, and the other is using XP.

So, if there's a difference maybe it's due to people trying to copy rental discs (which is against these forum rules). I have no clue (and frankly, if there is a difference between the rentals and commercial releases I don't care).

You've had three other people post in the thread you started to state they had no issues either.

And as far as Doom9 goes: click http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?s=postcount=2

"There is no newer or special copy protection on the standard DVD R1 version of "The Bourne Ultimatum".
I used good ol' DVD Decrypter v.3.5.4 to make a backup"

I'm seeing overwhelming evidence that this disc is about as simple as it gets.

Last edited:
Charlie isn't some noob. He's provided plain, clear instructions showing what he did. He had no issues

I never said anyone was a noob, let me re-read my post, nope sure didn't say that.

I do not copy rentals either, I never condone piracy, without people purchasing films, or audio CD's for that matter, we would never have the quality of artists that we have today.

Yes I read the statement that the person made on doom's site, also please note there are alot of people having issues, this is also why I made the post saying that it is "possible" that there is a HUGE mastering error affecting alot of discs on the market.

That said, and myself using 7 different discs, that makes a 700% mastering error of the samples I utilized.

There was no intention, of myself flaming "anyone" not expressed, nor implied. I have used Slysoft products for many years and will continue to do so, as they are great products.

Frankly put, I am merely trying to get to the bottom of the problem I am facing, and as I continue to read elsewhere, there is a "definate" problem, while I know that "others" have not had a problem.

I myself, have had no problems at times with "other" discs, while I have read that people do, just as is the case for me this time.

While this may not necessarily be true with DVD's, CD's are released at different places, some with copy protection, some without. I don't know what's going on with the copies of the DVD's that I have, but it's very strange that 4 copies (all purchased originals) that I have in my possession right now from different places will not work. However, all 4 play fine on my computer and in each of my stand alone DVD players.

All this said, I will not post any further in the forum about this or any other topic, as I feel that people in the forum are too quick to "demean" others, as evidenced by the many many posts that I have been reading.

this is also why I made the post saying that it is "possible" that there is a HUGE mastering error affecting alot of discs on the market.

That could be, but you haven't provided a single error message.
You have stated your backup skips, and you burn at 16x, which may be your issue. Have you run a pi/po/jitter scan on your burn? I've already recommended that you drop your burn speed down to 8x. You're also using dvd+R blank media. Did you change the booktype to "dvd-rom"?

That said, and myself using 7 different discs, that makes a 700% mastering error of the samples I utilized.

No. While you mean 100%, your 4th disc didn't produce read errors.

and as I continue to read elsewhere, there is a "definate" problem, while I know that "others" have not had a problem.

This disc has no significant protection on it.

However, all 4 play fine on my computer and in each of my stand alone DVD players.

A disc playing fine does not preclude it from being faulty in some manner. However, you didn't have read issues on the fourth (original) disc you posted about. You said your backup skipped.

All this said, I will not post any further in the forum about this or any other topic, as I feel that people in the forum are too quick to "demean" others, as evidenced by the many many posts that I have been reading.

Your opinion, your choice . . .

Last edited:
Plus if it was constant as said then we all would get this error I think and not just most. Also I have a theory that Prefabs might be the issue as I use a personal built PC that I bought the parts and put together to use.

webby,
did you remember to tell yourself off for the double-post (#11+#12)?.
:)

webby,
did you remember to tell yourself off for the double-post (#11+#12)?.
:)

I don't care about double posts within the same thread. I've never bothered anyone about doing that. What I do care about is people posting about the exact same problem in more than one thread (or creating more than one thread about the exact same thing). If you see me requesting someone not to do that--and if you see copies of the post in the same thread, I merged several threads together.

But thank you for pointing that out. I will delete the copy.

Last edited:
Myth: "I looked at my disc and I see no scratches or dirt on it. The disc can't be scratched or flawed."

Wrong! It could have been manufactured poorly or on sub-standard media. Also just because you can't see it with the naked eye also doesn't mean the disc isn't physically damaged.

That said, I made a flawless and simple backup of the movie using AnyDVD, CloneDVD & DVD-Rebuilder. No issues, no pixellation, no glitches.

Back