• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need some help

Falron1

Need help with AnyDVD latest version as well as CloneDVD2. I have Grudge 2, Flags OOF and Flicka. on my HDD but I can't seem to burn them? They appear to burn on the blank media disk, but then nothing when I place it in my DVD player? I have the original disks, but tend to travel a lot and I don't like to have the originals a long, due to damage, which maybe the case. But somtimes a disk will play in one player and not the other. I have read multiple threads and to be honest my freakin eyes hurt. Hope someone can help. :confused: :mad: :(

... but then nothing when I place it in my DVD player?
What do you mean by "then nothing"? Does your player give you a "No Disk" error message?

My guess, based on the extreemly loose expaination of your problem is that you are burning to poor quality media.

Need help with AnyDVD latest version as well as CloneDVD2. I have Grudge 2, Flags OOF and Flicka. on my HDD but I can't seem to burn them? They appear to burn on the blank media disk, but then nothing when I place it in my DVD player? I have the original disks, but tend to travel a lot and I don't like to have the originals a long, due to damage, which maybe the case. But somtimes a disk will play in one player and not the other. I have read multiple threads and to be honest my freakin eyes hurt. Hope someone can help. :confused: :mad: :(

Do the files you have on your hard drive play ok with a pc player? If so, they should burn to DVD, and play the same.
If you are saying that your backup disks play on some players and not others, that could be a problem with the player not supporting the media you are using.
If you mean that sometimes your backups play and sometimes they don't, it maybe poor media, as Whisperer has told you, or possible outdated burner firmware problem.
You need to provide more info....look here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

See that's the weird thing. The movies play fine on my PC. Once I know there on my HD, I know I can burn them, but not now? The blank media I use never has a problem. I have others that I can use, I'll try those as well. Thanks for the Tip.

Thanks sockeye and Whisperer. Would you happen to know where a good firmware site is?

See that's the weird thing. The movies play fine on my PC.
Falron,
That is not at all weird. You have a firmware or bad media problem.
Once I know there on my HD, I know I can burn them, but not now?
Don't understand what you mean by this statement.
The blank media I use never has a problem.
You have not named the media you are using, you just keep referring to "blank media disks". It does seem like you have a media/firmware problem.
I have others that I can use, I'll try those as well.
Again ... what media are you speaking of?
Would you happen to know where a good firmware site is?
The drive manufacturers website.

Please forgive the observation: you are just writing words but providing no information required to help you. If you post back again, please post all the information that sockeye requested. The format for doing that is here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

Best regards,
Whisperer

Last edited:
I recently discovered that some players especially the less expensive ones are "selective" in reading media By being selective I mean +R or -R

My son has a combination LCD DVD playing TV in his RV It will not recognise any +R media It only reads -R media

I had a neighbor who had 2 players who borrowed a +R coppied movie It would play on this name brand machine but not on his no name brand (a Korean knockoff)

The KKO brand would only play the -R DVD no mp3 or CD's Go Figure

So the problem could be the media or player or both

... By being selective I mean +R or -R
Please forgive me but this is not useful information. It's not as simple as a +/- player compatibility situation. It is the brand, media code and speed the disks were burned at issue. And was the +R media bitset to DVD-ROM?

People ... please provide pertinent information!

Go Figure
It is very "figurable" ... with correct information provided.

Whisperer

Back