• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

EMI CD Hang Media Center?

scyto

I have a media center with a sony changer VGP-XL1B.

I was loadig 40+ discs at a time and findin the system hangs alot. After much troubleshooting i realised it only does with EMI CDs specifically:
  • Body Language - Kylie Minogue
  • This is muisc:the singles 92-98 - the verve

Both discs are UK discs i think (i am a brit living in the us).

I assume copy protection is causing the issue, but AnyDVD doesn't fix the issue. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I will test the 2 'iffy' discs in my normal DVD drive later and update this post.

I have a media center with a sony changer VGP-XL1B.

I was loadig 40+ discs at a time and findin the system hangs alot. After much troubleshooting i realised it only does with EMI CDs specifically:
  • Body Language - Kylie Minogue
  • This is muisc:the singles 92-98 - the verve

Both discs are UK discs i think (i am a brit living in the us).

I assume copy protection is causing the issue, but AnyDVD doesn't fix the issue. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I will test the 2 'iffy' discs in my normal DVD drive later and update this post.

I'm not 100% sure but I think anydvd doesn't remove cd copy protection at all?

I usually use Nero to make a backup of my music disc and then there is no protection there.

hmm, though i just tried the discs again with AnyDVD unloaded and they indexed ok. There is some interaction of EMI disks and / or /nor AnyDVD - really odd.

To be clear i have seen the failure at least a dozen time and 4 of those when i thought AnyDVD wasn't loaded.

Odd.

scyto,
Not sure if AnyDVD can rip an EMI Copy Protected CD. Although if you do a Google search you can find various ways people have tried to copy certain EMI CD's.

One way was to mount the CD in Daemon Tools and then rip it and others claim they can rip it in Linux or use CDex to rip to HD.

Maybe James can pipe in and confirm EMI's CD's can be rippped w/ AnyDVD or give an alternative method to do so

hmm, though i just tried the discs again with AnyDVD unloaded and they indexed ok. There is some interaction of EMI disks and / or /nor AnyDVD - really odd.

To be clear i have seen the failure at least a dozen time and 4 of those when i thought AnyDVD wasn't loaded.

Odd.
You can disable CDDA protection removal in AnyDVD settings if you like.

scyto,
Not sure if AnyDVD can rip an EMI Copy Protected CD. Although if you do a Google search you can find various ways people have tried to copy certain EMI CD's.

One way was to mount the CD in Daemon Tools and then rip it and others claim they can rip it in Linux or use CDex to rip to HD.

Maybe James can pipe in and confirm EMI's CD's can be rippped w/ AnyDVD or give an alternative method to do so

AnyDVD does not rip (the AnyDVD "ripper" is a kludge to keep people happy), it removes protections so other programs can "rip" and makes a disc "playable" or "watchable".

Back