• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

high school musical crc errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, am having the identical CRC & bup errors. I am using the current versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.
I have tried to copy the movie on three different PCs, though two are Vista OS.
The third PC is running XP.

Regardless of machine, I get the exact same errors.

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled! This is normal.

Disc is perfect and plays on a standalone. This is also normal just because the disc plays fine on the standalone player doesn't mean the disc isn't bad.

Maybe a certain DVD burner related (my XP has different ones than Vista). This could very well be a possibility as some burners/readers are more forgiving on DVD's than others.

Is this the only movie that has given you a hard time in Vista and are you running the programs w/ Admin priv.

Not stepping on your toes oh great one :D:bowdown: But I think my reply is what's the issue maybe?

I, too, am having the identical CRC & bup errors. I am using the current versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.
I have tried to copy the movie on three different PCs, though two are Vista OS.
The third PC is running XP.

Regardless of machine, I get the exact same errors.

Data error (cyclic redundancy check) This means that your disc is bad return it for a new copy or try to clean it and try again. If that fails also try another drive to see if it works better in that one before you return it for another copy.

High School Musical 2 CRC errors

The disk works fine in a standalone DVD player (two of them, actually).
Also, I have just discovered that I can copy the disk to my hard drive using DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD running. - no errors.
CloneDVD2, however, can't copy the disk.

Also, I have just discovered that I can copy the disk to my hard drive using DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD running. - no errors.

CRC errors are caused by encrypted-dirty-& damaged discs.
They will quite often play in home players.

Utterly meaningless

Simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it's not faulty

Decrypter is sometimes useful for skipping past read errors or brute force ripping. Unfortunately the rip is not perfect then. Either some a few cells will be skipped (in which case you will not notice)--or in worse cases, large portions of the film will be missing.

More importantly Decrypter is especially not useful for ripping with Anydvd when a disc is heavily protected. In that case, the rip will not be completely unprotected (and in some cases the rip won't play properly).

You, in all likelyhood have a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged.

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

3. Do not post in other people's threads unless you are attempting to help the original poster, please. click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully

Last edited:
This is the 2nd copy of High School Musical 2 that I have tried today. Both copies were brand new. Also, there are several other threads indicating the same problem, including one posting in Spanish....

High School Musical 2 copy errors

Attached is the AnyDVD log....

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2.zip
    124 KB · Views: 18
This is the 2nd copy of High School Musical 2 that I have tried today.

Someone in this forum has returned a bad disc 10 times to a store (granted not this title), so it's not unusual

Also, there are several other threads indicating the same problem

Again, that's fairly meaningless in of itself. However, there may be an issue; I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:
Attached is the AnyDVD log....

O.k.

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.1 beta. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10591
Please reupload the .zip file

2. You've got some junk on your system

DRVMCDB (System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS), Version: 8.10.42.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 8.10.42a

DLACDBHM (System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS), Version: 9.5.2.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright © 2006 Roxio
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 9.05.02a

Bad stuff

Sonic/Roxio's Drive Letter Access is packet writing software, and it tends to conflict with a lot of programs, not just Slysoft's. If you want drag and drop functionality use dvd-ram instead (and there's no need to be using UDF).

MxlW2k (system32\drivers\MxlW2k.sys), Version: 1.1.0.122 (1.1.0.122)
Company: MusicMatch, Inc.
Product: MusicMatch Access Layer
Copyright: Copyright © 2000 MusicMatch, Inc.
Description: MusicMatch Access Layer KMD
FileVersion: 1.1.0.122
ProductVersion: 1.1.0.122

Musicmatch is known to conflict with Clonedvd.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DRVMCDB ". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "DLACDBHM ". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "MxlW2k ". Click "Remove Selected Filter. Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Last edited:
Also, can you please provide the full error message from Clonedvd or Anydvd ripper (click "details" on the error message)?

I did all of the above. ....
installed AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 beta
installed imgburn
removed DRVMCDB, DLACDBHM, MxlW2k
rebooted.
CloneDVD2 still shows data error (crc)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2.zip
    123.8 KB · Views: 7
CloneDVD2 still shows data error (crc)

1. Please provide the full error message (click "details")

2. Please provide a screenshot from the Nero cd-dvd speed test (just upload it to the forums like you did the Anydvd .zip file)

3. And after doing that let's wait to see what James thinks.

Last edited:

CloneDVD2 says:
Unable to read video files from
E:/VIDEO_TS
E:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO: unable to open file
Data error (cylic redundancy check).
Please be sure that all required files are available and try again.
Details:
File 0 E:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO 23

attached is the Nero screenshot

Attachments

• Nero Screenshot.jpg
    Nero Screenshot.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 14
Also, I have retried the copy on my other Vista machine and an XP OS.
Same results.
My primary PC (a Dell XPS 410) has two DVD drives and I have tried the copy on both of the drives.
Again, same results.

Have you tried ripping with anydvd then use Nero? Sorry I currently don't have this title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back