• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD error: Disc erase failed

mlist

I have a computer running Windows Xp sp2 pro, Nero 8.1.1.4, Alcohol 120 and DVDRW "LG GSA-H12N". I always copied any kind of media and burned tens of images but yesterday I decided to try clonecd 5.3.1.0 and after installation and reboot I was no longer able to erase cd or dvd.
Using nero the error message was: Invalid command
Using clonecd: Disc erase failed
I tried different routes in order to solve the problem:
a) phisically removed LG unit and tested it on another pc. It worked perfectly
b) Re-attached LG and updated the firmware
c) tried again using 5 new TDK
but the problems was still present so I substituded LG with a NEC NEC ND-3520A but nothing to do.
Finally I completely removed Nero, Alcohol and Clonecd using Total Uninstall. After a reboot I again installed Nero and Clonecd and now I'm able to erase and burn disc using Nero but not using Clonecd that, during an erase attempt say: "Disc erase failed".
The strange thing is that writing an image is ok but when it attempts to burn the image on the cd, the error is:
Writing to NEC ND-3520A failed

I didn't find a solution although I searched for hours using google. Can someone give me any suggestion please?

Last edited:
Alcohol and daemon have a fonction called hide cd-r media. When this option is enable, windows can't différenciate a cd-rom to a cd-r or cd-rw, the same ting for dvd.
So, check always this option is unchecked in both emulator (emulation menu) before erase a rw disc.

For the burning problem : when you burn your cd, do you use an image file, or to you make your backup "on the fly" ?

Are you using dvd or cd ?

I don't have this kind of bug with clonecd hide function, but it can be en exception.

I just solved: (although I simply was lucky because I didn't understand the reason....)

I downloaded firmware "LD3520 1.U9 (Beta 9) (Liggy & Dee NEC ND-3520A firmware)" a modified (and unsupported) firmware version and after a reboot now I'm finally able to burn,erase and copy DVD.
Sincerely I don't understand why NEC and LG didn't work with default firmware (moreover I updated LG to the lastest lg firmware also) because now slysoft doesn't provide a list of supported writers but simply say: modern writers should work; and NEC and LG are relatively recents.

Anyway...now it works although I have a question:
in order to avoid this type of problem in the future, could you suggest to me THE BEST dvd-writer for copy protected games and that works perfectly with clonecd? Someone in Italy say lite-on and pioner but I would like to know yours opinion.

Thanks a lot!

. THE BEST dvd-writer for copy protected games and that works perfectly with clonecd?

None.

Most dvd copyprotected games require emulation, which Clonecd does not provide. Therefore, it would be better to use Game Jackal.

Hi Webslinger

I would like to take advantage of your kind reply to solve some doubts about the copy of protected game. I have already read documentation on internet but I would like to have a confirmation about some questions.

1) Copy PC protected games
you told: Most dvd copyprotected games require emulation, which Clonecd does not provide. Therefore, it would be better to use Game
So..If I have correctly understood I have 2 options:
a) Create an iso of my original game and play it using game jackal or daemon tolls that provide the correct emulation.
b) Instead if I don't want to use an iso but dvd media, I can create a perfect copy of my original game using clonecd 5 and clonecd5 Fan profiler (that automatically starts clonecd with correct settings), install the game using copied dvd and find the "no cd patch" for the game.

Am I right?

2) Copy XBOX 360 games
Reading doc on cdfreaks I understood that I need:
a) a modified version of xbox
b) a patched iso
c) burn the iso using clonecd and dual layered DVD+R to burn (because 360 won't read any other format correctly). Also I need to burn at 2x or close as possible so my game is readable and doesn't skip.

Am I right?

Thanks

a) Create an iso of my original game and play it using game jackal or daemon tolls that provide the correct emulation

Game Jackal doesn't use .isos. Game Jackal scans the disc and creates a proflie (quite often much smaller than an entire image, saving you disc space). You then simply run the profile in order to run the game without the original disc.

Instead if I don't want to use an iso but dvd media, I can create a perfect copy of my original game using clonecd 5 and clonecd5 Fan profiler

That's fairly useless since there's only one profile for dvds in Clonecd.

find the "no cd patch" for the game.

The discussion of cracks is not permitted in these forums.
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=51369&postcount=3

Also I need to burn at 2x or close as possible so my game is readable and doesn't skip.

I don't have an Xbox, so I can't really comment, but that sounds reasonable. One should typically use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore, preferably, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before burning).

Ok now some concepts are a little more clear to me and I didn't know that cloced5 fan profiler is useless since there's only one profile for dvds in Clonecd.

thanks!

Back