• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What Format does AnyDVD HD rip too?

cgmmny

Hello....

What format does the ANYDVDHD rip too? I plan to use ANYDVD-HD rip HDDVD's to my NAS and access them via a HD-Media Streamer? Is the format .ISO or .VOB. Also, what is the file size of the ripped HDDVD?

Thanks

AnyDVD HD just removes AACS. That means you'll get the files from the original disc in their original file format without any changes (other than removed AACS). For Blu-Ray that is m2ts (a variation of TS) and for HD DVD that is EVO (a variation of VOB). Both formats also have additional files for menus etc which differ from the DVD format. The overall file size of the whole rip is identical to the file size of the original disc, of course. So for HD DVD, you'll get something between 10-30GB. For Blu-Ray something like 10-50GB. Depending on the disc.

There are some HD streamers which can handle m2ts and evo files, but no streamer can yet handle the menus and interactivity and that kind of stuff.

AnyDVD HD just removes AACS. That means you'll get the files from the original disc in their original file format without any changes (other than removed AACS). For Blu-Ray that is m2ts (a variation of TS) and for HD DVD that is EVO (a variation of VOB). Both formats also have additional files for menus etc which differ from the DVD format. The overall file size of the whole rip is identical to the file size of the original disc, of course. So for HD DVD, you'll get something between 10-30GB. For Blu-Ray something like 10-50GB. Depending on the disc.

There are some HD streamers which can handle m2ts and evo files, but no streamer can yet handle the menus and interactivity and that kind of stuff.

Thanks for your input. There is a media streamer coming to market that will handle the EVO file format within the next month or so. I will be picking that up!!!

Which media streamer currently handles the EVO file format?

I'm not totally sure. I think the LimHD supports at least MPG2 EVOs. Also the Tvix and the NMT based media streamers will support EVOs with a later firmware, if they don't do it already right now (not sure). It's only a question of time. However, none of the mentioned devices is likely to ever play menus, interactivity etc. Probably Tvix and NMT will do that somewhen in the future with totally new products. Maybe in the year 2009 or something like that...

Back