• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Using imgburn to make ISOs...

Cyborg-21

Hi,

I have AnyDVD HD and it's working no problems (thanks again Sylsoft). However, I can't play backups of my BD / HD DVD disks that have been ripped using Slysoft.

Since I'm using a version of PowerDVD build later than 3319a, the "Open media from hard disk" option does not work.

I'd like to create an ISO of my HD DVD / BD files that are on my hard disk.

Can imgburn do this without problems (even though I heard it only uses UDF 1) ?

Also, any word on if Slysoft will have an option to rip HD DVD / BDs straight to ISO files ?

Thanks

I wouldnt mind this feature aswell, with ANYDVD, rip BD or HD-DVD straight to ISO or .MDS so that when mounted the BD or HD-DVDs work from your hdd regardless of what powerDVD version you have.

Thanks for the reply.

I know that you can use CloneCD, but is it possible to use imgburn to make BD / HD DVD ISOs that will play on Power DVD ?

Thanks

Sure. Try setting it to UDF format and making an ISO of the entire directory. Then mount it and see if it plays.

The thing is that I heard imgburn only burns in UDF 1.1 - when Blu Rays and HD DVDs use UDF 2.5.

Can someone please confirm that using imgburn to create the ISO - and playing back the ISO in PowerDVD works ?

Thanks

According to other posts in the forum it works just fine. If you're concerned about UDF 2.5, use Nero 8 to create the ISO. Or wait until LUK releases the new version of ImgBurn that'll have 2.5 support in it.

Could you please give some links (from other posts in this foum) that proves that this works ?

Thanks for your help.

Search would have saved me the trouble. :)

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10558&highlight=imgburn
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10434&highlight=imgburn
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10261&highlight=imgburn

Well, you get the point. Just be aware that these will NOT play if you burn them back to a disc. These will work only if you mount them in Daemon Tools and play them back using PowerDVD. Once again, if you are concerned about the UDF thing, use Nero 8.

Actually, Imgburn works fine with UDF 1.02. I do check them in Daemon Tools before burning to Blu-ray. The key thing with IMGBURN in making an iso, is be sure you have the correct root directory. I rename my directories, and that causes a problem. So be sure to have the correct root direct and check the iso before your burn the disc. I prefer playing movies back in my standalone player. I have tried Nero 8, but had problems. So Imgburn works fine for me.

Nitro

Is Daemon Tools the best virtual drive emulator once the ISO has been created ?

Actually, Imgburn works fine with UDF 1.02. I do check them in Daemon Tools before burning to Blu-ray. The key thing with IMGBURN in making an iso, is be sure you have the correct root directory. I rename my directories, and that causes a problem. So be sure to have the correct root direct and check the iso before your burn the disc. I prefer playing movies back in my standalone player. I have tried Nero 8, but had problems. So Imgburn works fine for me.

Nitro

Well, having no burner myself I had no information to go on other than what I've read, so, that's good that you're able to confirm that it works. I suspect it probably also has a lot to do with the stand alone as to whether it'll play or not, too. Personally I don't bother ripping folders...too messy. I have always done the ISO thing even with DVDs and find it to be a much better method.

Is Daemon Tools the best virtual drive emulator once the ISO has been created ?

Currently that's the case, yes. Virtual CloneDrive has some issues with HD media that are being worked on. I can honestly say that if the ideas that James and I just threw around are implemented in the next CloneCD and Virtual CloneDrive releases, then us HD users are going to be psyched. ;)

Well, having no burner myself I had no information to go on other than what I've read, so, that's good that you're able to confirm that it works. I suspect it probably also has a lot to do with the stand alone as to whether it'll play or not, too. Personally I don't bother ripping folders...too messy. I have always done the ISO thing even with DVDs and find it to be a much better method.

It will work with Powerdvd 3319a. I never updated to the newest version, but it works fine. I just recently bought my Pioneer Elite BDP-95FD, and it works great. The video quality blows away PowerDVD. Although, I bought Pioneer to get the full impact of Blu-Ray audio. If you are making a copy, then rip it to folders then make it ISO with Imgburn. This will apply to DVD's too.

Nitro

It will work with Powerdvd 3319a. I never updated to the newest version, but it works fine. I just recently bought my Pioneer Elite BDP-95FD, and it works great. The video quality blows away PowerDVD. Although, I bought Pioneer to get the full impact of Blu-Ray audio. If you are making a copy, then rip it to folders then make it ISO with Imgburn. This will apply to DVD's too.

Nitro

Why rip it to folder first? Just rip it straight to an ISO and you're good to go.

Why rip it to folder first? Just rip it straight to an ISO and you're good to go.

I have been doing this before Imgburn was created, and in the past when I ripped to ISO. It wouldn't get all the files regardless of the ripping program. So in order to get all files, then I rip to folder then create an ISO. You make a few coasters, then you learn from your mistakes.

Nitro

I have been doing this before Imgburn was created, and in the past when I ripped to ISO. It wouldn't get all the files regardless of the ripping program. So in order to get all files, then I rip to folder then create an ISO. You make a few coasters, then you learn from your mistakes.

Nitro

Ok. As long as you're happy with your process and it works, that's all that matters. :)

I’ve made a number of ISOs with ImgBurn and each time I get a large ISO and a very small MDS. Today I made one for the Simpsons Movie and it works but I did not get a MDS file. ??? Are they needed?

Back