• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 - Release 2010

Rodster

Hi all

Naturally when Windows Vista was released to the world most people believed a new version of windows wouldnt appear for around 5 years or more. Well MS has announced that in 2010 Windows 7 (Windows Vista is build 6000 which is technically Windows 6) will be released. Ive been fortunate as i was one of the official Microsoft beta testers for Windows XP / SP1 / SP2 and Windows Vista and will be participating in Vista SP1.

It would be interested to see how CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD will function on Windows 7, and i wonder what copy protection dvd's will have on them by that time, and if blu-ray / hd-dvd would have taken over by then as the main medium for movies?

I think by 2010, blu-ray burners will be as cheap as a dvd burner, plus the media will be a lot cheaper as currently its not economical to backup a blu-ray movie.

Rodney

Hi all

It would be interested to see how CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD will function on Windows 7, and i wonder what copy protection dvd's will have on them by that time, and if blu-ray / hd-dvd would have taken over by then as the main medium for movies?
There seems to be a pattern of repetition at MS. We had '95, then we stepped up up to '98 and that was most definitely a step up in efficiency and reliability but then we got ME which was, as we all know, nothing short of a fiasco. Then came XP and it actually worked with very few issues.
So far, Vista has been somewhat of a repeat of ME, with a more attractive interface. My concerns for the future of backing up DVD's would be will the MS be compatible with the software? Perhaps we might even see some software that will work with the Linux systems?

There seems to be a pattern of repetition at MS. We had '95, then we stepped up up to '98 and that was most definitely a step up in efficiency and reliability but then we got ME which was, as we all know, nothing short of a fiasco. Then came XP and it actually worked with very few issues.
So far, Vista has been somewhat of a repeat of ME, with a more attractive interface. My concerns for the future of backing up DVD's would be will the MS be compatible with the software? Perhaps we might even see some software that will work with the Linux systems?

Hi

I have had not a single issue with Vista Home Premium, its never crashed, kicks along smoothly and my applications work - i use Office 2007 etc. I dont use any "ancient" software as I constantly update my software. Security-wise vista is a lot better than xp. As for CloneDVD compatibility, Slysoft was quick to release a vista supported version. At least we have all been given 3 years lead time.

Rodney

There are always those that can use a new OS without conflicts but the number of persons having conflicts with Vista greatly outweighs those that don't.
Vista was just plain not ready for final release......in spite of "3 yrs. lead time".
MS itself has openly admitted the OS is flaky and major PC retailers have reverted back to offering XP on new units. Some retailers are even offering versions of Linux as an alternative.

Were it not for directx 10 (and even now an alternative is in development for XP users), I would stay far away from Vista. I tend to agree with much of what James has written in this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1188
Amen to that, Vista is invasive and a pain in the butt, I will not upgrade to it until MS no longer supports XP Pro. It might just wind up being another ME Edition, who knows.:agree:

Amen to that, Vista is invasive and a pain in the butt, I will not upgrade to it until MS no longer supports XP Pro. It might just wind up being another ME Edition, who knows.:agree:
I just got a laptop that came installed with Vista already. I know very little about computers. Is there anyway that I can buy XP and put it on the laptop instead of Vista?

Releasing another Windows so soon might be a mistake... all the issues with Vista probaly won't be worked out by 2010. And I doubt everyone will have even upgraded to Vista by then; particularly many businesses who'd been using Windows 2000 up until recently (and some probably still are). I've got Vista Ultimate sitting on my shelf, waiting for SP1 and XP SP3; at which time I'll probably set up a dual boot. I'm far from willing to commit entirely to Vista yet, though. I'll keep XP running in some form right up until MS stops support for it. Even now, I've got one of my older computers set up with MS-DOS and Windows 98 for the many older DOS games that I enjoy and can't play on the newer systems.

And personally I really liked the big gap between XP and Vista. That was one thing MS had going for it compared to Apple, which seems to release a "new" OS every year and charge $130 or so each time. I'd rather pay MS 2 or 3 hundred every 5 years than Apple $130/year.

Last edited:
I just got a laptop that came installed with Vista already. I know very little about computers. Is there anyway that I can buy XP and put it on the laptop instead of Vista?

Yes if you can locate your drivers needed.

Hi :)
Welcome onboard. :agree: :clap:
You can download & run this program to save all your current drivers.
If you are using Vista Home the drivers will be the same.
Then either buy or download XP & install.
Personally I'd wait to see what Vista SP 1 does first.

Last edited:
The subject of Vista will not go away.
I use Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
I run all the various so called problem programs (Windows Defender & UAC).
Along with teatime etc.
I don't have & never had any problems. Other than user error, where something is accessed differently etc.
These problems are minor & took minutes to sort.
At the same stage the same couldn't be said of XP.
Most of the folk who deride Vista don't even use (or have had little to no experience of ) Vista.
If you are happy with Xp or some other OS for that matter fine.
But don't think that this petty whinging does anything for the furtherment of s/w developement.
In fact head in sand springs to mind here. ;)
If everyone thought like this we still be using DOS. :D

The subject of Vista will not go away.
I use Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
I run all the various so called problem programs (Windows Defender & UAC).
Along with teatime etc.
I don't have & never had any problems. Other than user error, where something is accessed differently etc.
These problems are minor & took minutes to sort.
At the same stage the same couldn't be said of XP.
Most of the folk who deride Vista don't even use (or have had little to no experience of ) Vista.
If you are happy with Xp or some other OS for that matter fine.
But don't think that this petty whinging does anything for the furtherment of s/w developement.
In fact head in sand springs to mind here. ;)
If everyone thought like this we still be using DOS. :D

Where do you derive your fact that "Most of the folk who deride Vista don't even use (or have had little to no experience of ) Vista"
That "deriding" is all over the internet from people who test, review and use Vista.
I reluctantly have it installed on 2 PC's simply for the experience and knowledge of the OS for the sake of my customers. As of now, I would never suggest that anyone choose Vista over XP.

"petty whining"... "head in sand"....I read only legitimate views and complaints,in this thread, about the OS.

Yes you can and it is a very simple and painless process...particularly for a laptop. Go to the Laptop manufacturers website, supply them with the required information about your particular unit and all the drivers should be readily available.
Use a suitable software to COMPLETELY wipe your HDD, install XP and all of the required drivers.
Or...just install XP and that will leave the boot sector partition as is and you can always use your Restore disc to reinstall Vista.

Where do you derive your fact that "Most of the folk who deride Vista don't even use (or have had little to no experience of ) Vista"
That "deriding" is all over the internet from people who test, review and use Vista.
I reluctantly have it installed on 2 PC's simply for the experience and knowledge of the OS for the sake of my customers. As of now, I would never suggest that anyone choose Vista over XP.

"petty whining"... "head in sand"....I read only legitimate views and complaints,in this thread, about the OS.

For every article there are hundreds who tag on with the lines of that said piece.
They are basing their information & judgement on 'third party experience'.
Many of the authors of such articles have vested interests.
Even where they don't, they're still out to sell their merchandise (i.e. the story).
The reality is that Vista is better than XP. Whether it is enough to justify upgrading too. Is another topic.
XP because of its structure is unlikely ever (regardless of patches) to be as secure as Vista.
Vista does have problems of course. Also it is an evolvement of an OS (XP), rather than some dynamic new offspring.
I firmly believe that if your setup is capable of running Vista.
That that was where you started your PC experience.
Running XP would not be a step backwards, but leap.
Again I say if it is not for you fine. Stick with whatever. XP, Linnux etc.
All have a place.
For me it is Vista.
This stuff about sellers like Dell who offer XP or even Linux. Is more about money & making sales than s/w.
A lot of the entry PC's that these company market are not really capable of running Vista properly. So OK blame MS & not Dell for coming out with PC bundles that just aren't upto the job. Then praise the likes of Dell for offering an alternative OS. Whooppee dooo!
Although perfectly happy with Vista (as if anyone could be ).
I hope that MS has learnt that the next generation OS has to be just that. Truly next generation. Revolutionary rather than evolutionary.
But be warned. If this does happen. Then as they say.......
You ain't seen nothing yet!!!

For every article there are hundreds who tag on with the lines of that said piece.
They are basing their information & judgement on 'third party experience'.
Many of the authors of such articles have vested interests.
Even where they don't, they're still out to sell their merchandise (i.e. the story).
The reality is that Vista is better than XP. Whether it is enough to justify upgrading too. Is another topic.
XP because of its structure is unlikely ever (regardless of patches) to be as secure as Vista.
Vista does have problems of course. Also it is an evolvement of an OS (XP), rather than some dynamic new offspring.
I firmly believe that if your setup is capable of running Vista.
That that was where you started your PC experience.
Running XP would not be a step backwards, but leap.
Again I say if it is not for you fine. Stick with whatever. XP, Linnux etc.
All have a place.
For me it is Vista.
This stuff about sellers like Dell who offer XP or even Linux. Is more about money & making sales than s/w.
A lot of the entry PC's that these company market are not really capable of running Vista properly. So OK blame MS & not Dell for coming out with PC bundles that just aren't upto the job. Then praise the likes of Dell for offering an alternative OS. Whooppee dooo!
Although perfectly happy with Vista (as if anyone could be ).
I hope that MS has learnt that the next generation OS has to be just that. Truly next generation. Revolutionary rather than evolutionary.
But be warned. If this does happen. Then as they say.......
You ain't seen nothing yet!!!

ALL research and testing is based on "judgment and opinions" and every researcher can deduce a different finding from any test? None that I reference are dictating from "third party" experience and very few,if any, have any interest other that to inform the consumer.
Xp is still a very usable and viable OS. Vista a "leap forward"? Vista IS XP with added fluff and bloat. The bloat is the reason that the "entry" level PC running Vista cannot perform up to par but that same "entry" level PC can be a viable and very productive piece of equipment with XP.
I doubt seriously that MS has learned anything or has any regrets with Vista ..... people are buying it. They were overdue and under public pressure so they prettied up, scattered the files and bloated XP.:)
Dell and the other box PC builders saw, and heard, from the unhappy Vista customers, and quickly responded with alternatives. That's their business.
I wholeheartedly agree that MS does need to regroup if they actually want to develop and improved OS because they have certainly failed to do anything that could be remotely considered "revolutionary" in their most recent attempt.

All I can say is I'll jump on that band wagon when it comes. :D

I know, I have been hating Vista from the beginning but I am a glutton for punishment. LOL. Has any had any problems using any Slysoft product with Vista Ultimate 32 bit? I have to know because my company gave me a free license for this OS. I am going to take the plunge and install it soon, but if it has any negitive effects with Any Slysoft products I wont install it.

I know, I have been hating Vista from the beginning but I am a glutton for punishment. LOL. Has any had any problems using any Slysoft product with Vista Ultimate 32 bit? I have to know because my company gave me a free license for this OS. I am going to take the plunge and install it soon, but if it has any negitive effects with Any Slysoft products I wont install it.

None I am aware of I run the HPE 32 on the other PC and use all the products except virtual clone drive. On the 64 bit all work well except GJ and Virtual Drive.

None I am aware of I run the HPE 32 on the other PC and use all the products except virtual clone drive. On the 64 bit all work well except GJ and Virtual Drive.
I dont and never will run a virual drive on my computer, and Game Jackel , other than trying to learn the program, has no interest for me, I am an old man and do not play video games, my main interest is Anydvdhd, CloneDVD2, CloneCD. Thanks Charlie.

Back