• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD with SATA Burner

arnie920

I am building a new system w/sata hard drive and a sata dvd burner. My question is Will I have problems because I am using a sata dvd burner??:confused::confused: I read on a newsgroup that this guy could never get it to work righ:eek:

I use Anydvd with my old system and never had any trouble
Any input will be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Arnie

Hi :)
Welcome onboard arnie920. :agree: :clap:
To be able to give an informed opinion, we need to know what motherboard you will be using.
But in general any of the latest generation boards should be OK.

I am building a new system w/sata hard drive and a sata dvd burner. My question is Will I have problems because I am using a sata dvd burner??:confused::confused: I read on a newsgroup that this guy could never get it to work righ:eek:

I use Anydvd with my old system and never had any trouble
Any input will be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Arnie

Gigabyte GA-MA790DFX-DS5
AMD Athlon 64x2 6400+
Western Digital Caviar RE2 WD7500ayys 750 Gb
Sony AW-G170S dual layer DVD-re Sata
4 GB Geil DDR2 800 Dual channel memory
Vista
The components are coming, still undecided about Vista or Windows XP??

XP or Vista?

Gigabyte GA-MA790DFX-DS5
AMD Athlon 64x2 6400+
Western Digital Caviar RE2 WD7500ayys 750 Gb
Sony AW-G170S dual layer DVD-re Sata
4 GB Geil DDR2 800 Dual channel memory
Vista
The components are coming, still undecided about Vista or Windows XP??

With that system, you will get the best performance out of Windows XP. And, it will cost less, and you'll probably like it better. Better driver compatibility, lower system resource usage, etc. Of course, XP won't recognize the 4 gigs RAM. You'll need it if you decide on Vista. And Vista will recognize all that RAM. With XP, 1 Gig will do anything you want, with Vista, I would recommend 2 Gigs.

Back