• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

playback ripped HD via external HD using USB 2

etwannabe

I am guessing this is a throughput capability question.
for me, to green find an obvious answer on forums.
Have HP m7690n, MC, no issues, but want to download to large external HD using USB2, (no Esata)...at least thats doable, yes?

However, will USB2 playback pose a bootleneck to playback?
I just can't find facts to throughput requirements/limitations for playback .
Hoping to find wisdom, all info here is enlightening.

I play off external drives thru usb2 with no problems

bless the bear

simple answer for the simpleton.

wow your fast too. :clap:

Well you should never have any problems with USB2, as in theory it's over 6 times faster than Blu-ray. Max Blu-ray is supposed to be around 54Mbits, and USB2 is supposed to be 400Mbits, so even allowing for overheads you should never really have any problems

Well you should never have any problems with USB2, as in theory it's over 6 times faster than Blu-ray. Max Blu-ray is supposed to be around 54Mbits, and USB2 is supposed to be 400Mbits, so even allowing for overheads you should never really have any problems

First I thought you mixed up bits and bytes. But no, you were right;)
Didn't know that. Looked it up and found that HD just had about 38 Mbit/s.
I'm learning so much here. It's like the cheapest college:D

Well you have to be able to play back thru USB2 as you can buy external drives (Xbox 360 add on for HD DVD, and I think Lacie do a Blu-ray) that connect thru USB

Back