• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing Blu-ray on HDD using AnyDVD HD

as5606

Sorry to be such a noob but I was wondering if AnyDVD HD will allow me to play ripped Blu-Ray films from other regions. Having a look in the menu options, you can specify DVD drives but it doesn't mention play back from HDD. I have a ripped film that says wrong region code even when AnyDVD HD is running???

Do I have to convert to an ISO and use deamon to mount it before AnyDVD HD will work?

Also, I have run out of tries on PowerDVD to change the region (5 is the limit). If I install a new copy of Windows on another drive and install PowerDVD again, will it be back to 5 tries again or does it update the Eprom on the DVD drive so it cannot be changed again???

:bowdown:

with reference to the powerdvd region changes for BD in powerdvd search the forum, this has been gone over multiple times on how to reset it. If it's a BD+ film then removing region doesn't work, but it usually does for most Blu-rays

Okay, I've found the registry settings to get powerdvd to have 99999 retries at regions.

How about playing HDD files from PowerDVD. Should AnyDVD HD be catching the region code and allowing it to play or do I need to ISO the files so it becomes a drive?

it depends on the disc, HD DVD's don't have region code so no problem there. With Blu-ray discs if it's BD+ then you can't get it to remove the region code, but on others you need to either set Anydvd HD to remove region coding and then either try automatic or if that fails set it to the region of the disc

it depends on the disc, HD DVD's don't have region code so no problem there. With Blu-ray discs if it's BD+ then you can't get it to remove the region code, but on others you need to either set Anydvd HD to remove region coding and then either try automatic or if that fails set it to the region of the disc

Thanks adbear. So anydvd hd works on HDD files just the same as BD Discs. Maybe the film I tried was a BD+ film (can't remember which one it was now). Is there a way of telling if the disc uses BD+? With BD+ discs, is it just a matter of setting PowerDVD's region to the correct one and it will play? I though I tried that as well with this disc you see. Still got the region error code.

for BD+ you have to set powerdvd to the right region, I've never had it give a wrong region if powerdvd is set right. You can either look at the Status setting in AnydvdHD or look on the disc to see if it's BD+. You'll find an extra folder called BDSVM

Back