• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Superbad

Kacic

I tried to back up Superbad, it can't even be recognized. Other movies work. Did also have trouble with the new Die Hard movie. Help.

I tried to back up Superbad, it can't even be recognized. Other movies work. Did also have trouble with the new Die Hard movie. Help.

Post the Anydvd zip file to the forums

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Follow Charlie's advice, please.

Having said that if you are using AnyDVD 6.3.0.0 or 6.3.0.1 beta then you should not have problems.

Both of these discs should be easily read and detected by AnyDVD. It's always possible that you just had the unfortunate experience of purchasing two flawed commercial discs. Die Hard 4 caused numerous people problems as a result of flawed original discs. I can't say that about Pirates of the Caribbean 3 yet because it's too new. Numerous people have made backups without problems, however.

no zip file came up in my documents

It's likely no ZIP is being created because AnyDVD isn't recognizing the disc. I'm not sure what order things are done when the logging is enabled but if it first reads the disc and then then logs all the other information then the inability to read the disc at all could result in no ZIP.

It's quite possible it's a bad original disc. Having said that one thing you could do in order to try and make sure there isn't something already on your system that may cause a problem is to take a disc you know that you won't be a problem and enable logging and pop it in your drive. Let the ZIP be created and post that. It's somewhat roundabout but it could help someone see if they can find a cause to the problem other than the disc being flawed.

Personally, I believe you did, in fact, get a bad disc, however.

Last edited:
Backed up with no problem whatsoever! :)

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170A 1.M1 JUN21,2007 BT-LIGGY
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2012832 sectors (3931 MBytes)
Total size: 3990352 sectors (7793 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Superbad Unrated
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Nothing but CSS and autorun which is common.

Back