• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.3.0.1 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6301.exe

6.3.0.1 2007 12 05
- New (DVD): AI Scanner improved, works much better now
- Fix (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Black screen with re-release of "Prison Break"
- Fix (DVD): CloneMap 2 error with some discs
(e.g., "Squid and the Whale", US)
- Fix (DVD): AI Scanner accidently removed a title set from "8 Below",
R2, Japan
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Nice work once again :D
On one of my machines running pdvd 3516 i cant run anyDVD. Keep getting errors like tray open or pdvd locks up. Will give this version a go.
Is 3516 not full supported?

3516 is a piece of crap, it stops you from playing from the hard drive, roll back t0 3104 or 3319a

3516 is a piece of crap, it stops you from playing from the hard drive, roll back t0 3104 or 3319a

I dont play from my hdd. Aint got the space anymore to keep movies on hdd. Already have 3tb and thats almost full.

I was getting to much problems with blu-ray movies on 3319a. They didnt want to play at all with anydvd enabled. But with 3319f and onwards as worked fine.

Only problem i have with anydvd not working with powerdvd is i cant skip the annoying ads in the starting. Specially movies like At Worlds End were there is a 2-3 trailers to watch before it even goes into the main menu.

none of which allow you to play the full film with menus etc

most people I know want proper and easy access to the film and extras, The easiest method for that is PowerDVD at the moment. I really don't want to have to mess around finding the stream, then getting the correct audio etc. And it's also nice to be able to skip thru chapter points to get to where I want. Zoomplayer and MPC are not really alternatives, but rather just a way to play a video file not a whole disc

Yea, no, that's not going to work for me. I want FULL access to the content I buy, not just movie only where I have to sacrifice a sheep every time I want to watch it. If my HTPC is not as easy to use as my stand alone player, yet with MORE features not less, then it's useless to me.

I don't know why there is even a question. PowerDVD plays all of the movies I have ripped with AnyDVD.

I too would be intersted in how to just extract the main movie and prefered Audio stream into one file (both BluRay & HD-DVD) for playback in my prefered Media Player (I can add the filters needed).
Thanks
Nathan

The only current method to do this is to edit the .xpl file in the ANY_OBJ folder for HD-DVDs and then discard the files you don't want. I believe a similar process works for BD discs. Just make sure you don't delete anything that's important.;)

Didn't you know? Serious HTPC users don't use PowerDVD... :disagree:
Didn't you know that PDVD is the only option available for most people, including "serious HTPC users"? I use my HTPC almost exclusively for watching recorded shows, DVDs, and ripped BD and HD-DVD discs. I assume that qualifies me as a serious user. The other programs you mentioned don't support HD discs (at least Zoomplayer doesn't AFAIK).

Last edited:
I too would be intersted in how to just extract the main movie and prefered Audio stream into one file (both BluRay & HD-DVD) for playback in my prefered Media Player (I can add the filters needed).
I think this is the wrong thread for this topic, but it's really my fault. Anyway, I suggest to check out the doom9 forum where these kind of topics are discussed a lot. Basically for Blu-Ray the movie consists of one or more m2ts files. For HD DVD movies it's one or more evo files. There are tools to join the files into one. And of course you need to install the right filters to split and decode the video&audio streams.

Didn't you know that PDVD is the only option available for most people, including "serious HTPC users"? I use my HTPC almost exclusively for watching recorded shows, DVDs, and ripped BD and HD-DVD discs. I assume that qualifies me as a serious user. The other programs you mentioned don't support HD discs (at least Zoomplayer doesn't AFAIK).
It's true that PowerDVD is the only real option for people that want to watch extras and want the menus and stuff. However, ZoomPlayer and MPC-HC can be made to work for Blu-Ray and HD DVD if you're only interested in the movie. If you want to have it perfect you do need to invest some time joining the movie files etc. Personally, I don't mind to do that for the movies I love and store on my media server. Anyway, enough about this topic here. This thread is really about 6.3.0.1 beta and not about PDVD alternatives. Sorry for being OT... :)

Back