• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem playing backup of Pirates 3 on a DVD player

starz

I ripped my disc to the Hard Drive with no errors or problems I burned it as usual with no problems, the issue is that the burned disc plays threw the previews and just stops after that, I can't get into the movie at all on a DVD Player, on the computer using power DVD ultra the disc plays fine, I had the same issue with meet the Robinson's some time ago, does anyone know what would cause my disc to turn out like this? I'll post my info for my burned disc and original here too, thinking it maybe AI Scanner doing it, I don't even know what that is, or what it does.

my original is R1 US
And is disc 1 the feature disc

I have the AI Scanner set to default in anydvd 6.3.0.0

Original Disc status info:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0G 2007/03/19 16:36
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1975808 sectors (3859 MBytes)
Total size: 3925379 sectors (7666 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: pi30nnw1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Burned Disc:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0G 2007/03/19 16:36
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1918592 sectors (3747 MBytes)
Total size: 3776976 sectors (7376 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: pi30nnw1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_pi30nnw1.zip
    104.9 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_Burned Disc.zip
    91.5 KB · Views: 1
is it possible to try playing the copy on another standalone dvd player?
what type of blank media are you using?

is it possible to try playing the copy on another standalone dvd player?
what type of blank media are you using?

Haven't tried another standalone player, only got 1 witch is the BDP S300
Blu-ray/ DVD combo player, using verbatim DL DVD+R, I only had this problem with 2 Disney films so far, original media works fine.

Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

1. You need to change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before you burn.
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=55536&postcount=1

2. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.2: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11040

3. a)State the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and b)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.

4. If you're using Verbatim +R DL blank media, I recommend you use this method: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Last edited:
ok I tried it again but with AI scanner off my output files went from 7.20 GB with it set to default to 7.47 GB with it off, same problem occurred, but this I don't get, I have Dvd95Copy pro and I ran the decrypted output from anydvd threw it and it works fine after that, I did this to shrink down to SL disc so I could use Rewritable for test, Is using anydvd alone to rip to HDD then burn with nero a bad idea? cause I use any DVD alone, then
I use the option in nero were it burns a DVD video structure on the Hard Drive to a DVD video disc for DVD player, Not Data Disc though that works too,
this method I use with any decryption program I use and I never have problems, I have do all my backups with anydvd now and never rarely have problems other then that one other disc a while back Meet the Robinson's
I actually backed that one with the same program DVD95,

Is it possible that there is a flaw in anydvd that prevents what I'm doing from working with this title? by using it alone and not with clone DVD? just kinda odd running it threw another program manages to change something that solves the issue, just figuring most are using it on there computer afterwords or are recoding it or using clone DVD leaving me alone with the issue as all I'm trying to point out:confused:

Just to clarify When I use DVD95 for pirates 3 I re rip from the hard drive to the hard drive from the output of anydvd then use nero process as I described above! I'm not actually burning with DVD95

1. You need to change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before you burn.
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=55536&postcount=1

2. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.1: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10591

3. a)State the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and b)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.

4. If you're using Verbatim +R DL blank media, I recommend you use this method: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327
I don't know much about booktype but in my burner application it always says set too booktype DVD-ROM in the log were it shows what it's done and what its doing + I'm burning it under DVD video in it perhaps my app needs to be update I'm way back in the nero 6 version
6.6.0.17 OEM

anydvd version 6.3.0.1 must be like totally just out cause I didn't see it before I'll try it thx,

and the below message I was typing it when u were responding sorry,

I don't know much about booktype but in my burner application it always says set too booktype DVD-ROM in the log were it shows what it's done and what its doing

Well, it's not doing what it's supposed to then as the booktype hasn't been changed to "dvd-rom". Your booktype on the backup still indicates "dvd+r dl"--and not "dvd-rom".

And I recommend you use Clonecd instead: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 (follow the steps).

The AI scanner needs to be on.

Last edited:
Well, it's not doing what it's supposed to then as the booktype hasn't been changed to "dvd-rom".

And I recommend you use Clonecd instead: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

The AI scanner needs to be on.

ok well I just saw the difference in found protections on the disc by changing AI Sscnner settings around think I get what its for now, should I use strongest level?
or just default, I'm actually testing out clone DVD, but if u recommend clone CD I'll try it out too, only thing I'm curious of most right now is do ether of these programs verify the written disc? or do I need to create a ISO and use something like image burn?

my first test disc is writing still:D

Last edited:
or just default

Just default

Neither Clonedvd nor Clonecd offer the option to verify the burn.

Here are the advantages to using Clonecd:

1. Clonecd will backup any PC extras that are on the disc (screensavers, etc.). Clonedvd won't.

2. Clonecd will retain the original layer break position. Clonedvd creates a new layer break towards the end of the last chapter on the first layer.

I never use Clonedvd with +R DL blank media. I use Clonecd instead.

Here are the disadvantages to using Clonecd:

1. You cannot remove unwanted material in Clonecd. You can remove material using Clonedvd.

2. Clonecd, because it's a 1:1 sector copier, will retain some of the structural protection from the original disc. Clonedvd backups won't have any protection on them.

or do I need to create a ISO and use something like image burn?

You need to rip first using Anydvd ripper (right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->Select "rip video-dvd to hard disk") or rip using Clonedvd (video files). Then use imgburn to build an .iso using the ripped files you created as the source.

However, you still should be changing the booktype to "dvd-rom" before you burn. This step is important for playback compatibility, especially in standalone dvd burners.

Last edited:
ok using anydvd 6.3.0.1
& Clone DVD 2.9.1.2
I was able to make a 1:1 copy of pirates 3 perfectly and plays fine

says media is DVD in any dvd status for the burned disc.
book type though is still DVD+r dl
I burned the disc with clone DVD
does this really matter though unless ur using like really old DVD players that weren't meant to play DVD+R or DVD+R DL etc? something I don't plan to do?or am I misinterpreting something?

anyway's thx for your help again webslinger :D:clap:

says media is DVD in any dvd status for the burned disc.

Yeah, that's not the booktype.

book type though is still DVD+r dl

That is the booktype.

does this really matter though unless ur using like really old DVD players that weren't meant to play DVD+R or DVD+R DL

If your standalone player can play the backup, then no it doesn't matter (for you). However, even some recent standalone players have issues when the booktype isn't set to "dvd-rom". I do feel changing booktype is a fairly important step (to ensure help ensure compatibility in most standalone dvd players).

Just default

Neither Clonedvd nor Clonecd offer the option to verify the burn.

Here are the advantages to using Clonecd:

1. Clonecd will backup any PC extras that are on the disc (screensavers, etc.). Clonedvd won't.

2. Clonecd will retain the original layer break position. Clonedvd creates a new layer break towards the end of the last chapter on the first layer.

Here are the disadvantage to using Clonecd:

1. You cannot remove unwanted material in Clonecd. You can remove material using Clonedvd.

2. Clonecd, because it's a 1:1 sector copier, will retain some of the structural protection from the original disc. Clonedvd backups won't have any protection on them.

You need to rip first using Anydvd ripper (right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->Select "rip video-dvd to hard disk") or rip using Clonedvd (video files). Then use imgburn to build an .iso using the ripped files you created as the source.

However, you still should be changing the booktype to "dvd-rom" before you burn. This step is important for playback compatibility, especially in standalone dvd burners.

ok thx for the info, so using clone DVD and writing to iso with anyDVD running in the back-round would not work to burn same resulting output in image burn nero etc simply to be able to verify disc?

ok thx for the info, so using clone DVD and writing to iso with anyDVD running in the back-round would not work to burn same resulting output in image burn nero etc simply to be able to verify disc?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Please rephrase

The advantage to using imgburn is that it lets you reposition the layer break to where it may be more suitable. And imgburn also has a burn verification function. You can use the .iso made from Clonedvd if you want to as the source in imgburn.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Please rephrase

The advantage to using imgburn is that it lets you reposition the layer break to where it may be more suitable. And imgburn also has a burn verification function. You can use the .iso made from Clonedvd if you want to as the source in imgburn.

ok I'll do my best to reask the question,

I want to run anydvd and use cloneDVD with it as normal but instead of clone DVD creating a Disc I want it to create an ISO file, I saw the option in it when I was using it a few min. ago then use image burn to burn the ISO created with Clone DVD to Disc, simply to take advantage of being able to verify my burned disc,
in short clone DVD does it's job creating the ISO file Image burn burns the ISO from it to disc, hope you can understand me lol,
think u answered my question though in ur last sentence
You can use the .iso made from Clonedvd if you want to as the source in imgburn.[/QUOTE]

starz said:
You can use the .iso made from Clonedvd if you want to as the source in imgburn.

Yeah, you'll probably want to create a (new) layer break position in imgburn though.

Questions concerning imgburn should probably be directed towards their forums: http://forum.imgburn.com/

Last edited:
if using dl media and 'clone dvd' option (copying all titles),does clonedvd2 not do this also?

No. Clonedvd does not copy (non-movie, non-ifos, non-vobs) PC files that may appear as bonus PC material on the original disc. Clonecd will.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back