• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WHY do I get only the Commentary Version

microdan

The problem on a few DVD's is when I do a 1-1 copy on a DL 8.5 gb DVD the movie will only play with the special feature commentary on. Even though I can go into the menu and shut this option off. No matter how I burn it the commentary crap is on and it won't shut off, the menu let's you think it's off and it appears off but play the movie the commentary is on. THe same thing happens even when I try a 4.7 gb DVD burn. So it seems no matter how it's burned the results are the same.
This happened a few times, but the latest example is "SUPERBAD."
Anyone else have this?
Thanks in advance, I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong, duh, or is this just something that happens on certain DVD's.

Read the information below:

Whisperer said:
nc state , when your backing up the movie UNCHECK the 2 channel audio. check the 5.1 or 6 channel audio instead. the 2 channel audio is where the directors comments are and sometimes the backups will default to that
Many people want the Director's Commentary on their backups but they just don't want that to be the default that the player chooses. I know that aabbccdd is offering sincere help but blanket advice to deselect 2 channel audio may not be right for all others.

Many DVD originals contain two choices that are both main movie soundtracks (depending on the sophistication of the owners home entertainment rig). A choice of both a 6 channel and a 2 channel main movie audio tracks. Or only a 2 channel main movie audio track along with other 2 channel tracks. So if one must choose, things can get a bit confusing when there are several 2 channel tracks.

One sure way to make the correct choice (or elimination) is to play the movie on your computer using "PowerDVD" player. When the Audio Track Selection menu is open, play and listen to the 2 channel tracks to see which is which. By this method, you can now determine what to select and what to deselect in CloneDVD because the order that the tracks appear in the PowerDVD audio selection menu will be the exact same order that the tracks appear on the CloneDVD track selection page.

audio.PNG

(Detroitbaseball's screenshot)

If the main movie audio track was never selected in CloneDVD, then it is not on the backup and will not play in a player. If the main movie audio track is on the backup, but the player is not defaulting to it then simply cycle though the tracks by repeatedly pressing the audio button on your remote control till you get the track you want to listen to. Or go to the DVD's main menu and choose the track you want.

If all audio tracks are on the backup, then the main reason a player will default to the commentary track (or any unwanted language or unwanted subtitle track) is because the backup was not made with "Preserve Menus" enabled in CloneDVD. Many DVD originals are mastered using a Video Manager that matrixes the audio and subtitle tracks through the Menu Structure. If you eliminate the Menu, the player receives no "default" information and has to guess what track to play. And, likewise your Audio Button on your Remote may not allow you to switch playback to tracks that actually are on your backup because it needs to interface with the Menu Structure that has not been included on your backup (only with certain originals; others may work fine).

Lastly, some people copy the main movie only without a menu in order to save data space for compression. The menu doesn't take up much data space and is needed in some cases.

Please allow me to wax philosophically and a little off topic. My personal choice is to never compress and to backup everything on the original. With quality (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden) single layer media prices (.60 cents US) being so cheap (in the US anyway) I would rather split a DL original over two SL media and not suffer quality loss or silly problems like selecting audio tracks. Even DL Verbatims are priced at $1.85 US now. And with prices now low on good displays that take advantage of progressive scan player output, why throw away quality to save a few bloody cents on media? And have a backup collection that looks like crap when you upgrade to a good home entertainment rig?

I think (except in parts of the world were media prices are expensive due to distribution monopolies), that many people will be transending away from the need for compression solutions which began 5 years ago when media prices were outrageous. Of course CloneDVD will keep it's ability to select which elements to include on a backup and then compress. But I also envision it as having the capability of evolving into a pretty sophisticated splitting tool that keeps the ability to select elements but replaces the present, somewhat clumsy splitting interface (sorry SS) and offers more sophisticated automatic and manual splitting features. Hand-in-hand, of course, with the alternate choice of using Slysoft CloneCD's ability to burn perfect 1:1 DL backups. Funny, the transcoder program is called "Clone" and the 1:1 DVD duplicator program is called "CD"... (go figure?!) But I think the CloneCD "simple" interface needs to be overhauled so that it is more obvious that is also intended for DL DVD burning and not just CD's and games.

Best regards,
Whisperer

Cross referrence posting:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=3066&postcount=14

Thanks for the quick reply and I did read your info on the forum, but those options are NOT an option. I'm doing another burn right now just to see if I can fix this. I'm doing a 4.7 gb with a minimal audio choice..................
JUST finished it and I got it DONE.......... I'm playing it now, perfect as usual and Clone DVD and Any DVD come thru again.
I deselected one of the audio options and all is well. Of course I can't remember what I shut off. But now that I have a good master, I'll make another backup.
Great forum and DVD software........... The best...

I just reconfirmed my new burn and it's just a matter of getting or not getting the right audio.
It seems there is nothing Clone DVD can't do. I'm amazed with Slysoft and all it does. I'm glad I made the right choice and went with Clone DVD and AnyDVD. It just takes a few tries to learn the in's and out's to get the right burn. So far soooooooooooooooooo good.
No regrets or problems yet, the one and only Slysoft comes thru again.:bowdown:

Thanks for the quick reply and I did read your info on the forum, but those options are NOT an option.

If you read the explanation fully and slowly, that description explains exactly what you need to know.

Back