• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Pete

Okay I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and I started to have a weird problem with Clone DVD2. When writing to the DVD it goes to about 15% then sits for like 15 mins and then gives me a Media Write error and says its bad media. After making what I though was a few coasters I realized that the DVDs were in fact burning properly and worked just fine even though I got the error messages. So does anyone know why I get this error. I already uninstalled and reinstalled CloneDVD2.

Update

When I put the "failed media" into my computer it acted like it was a legit DVD but when I put the DVD into my player the Menu Works but nothing else does...

Okay I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and I started to have a weird problem with Clone DVD2. When writing to the DVD it goes to about 15% then sits for like 15 mins and then gives me a Media Write error and says its bad media. After making what I though was a few coasters I realized that the DVDs were in fact burning properly and worked just fine even though I got the error messages. So does anyone know why I get this error. I already uninstalled and reinstalled CloneDVD2.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

9. I'm getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors. Why?

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (8x) premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". Stay far away from Memorex, Princo, Ritek, regular Maxell, Fuji, etc. that are not made in Japan.
b) Click this and read FULLY (because the same advice applies)
c) Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox on your system? If so, click this
d) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, drag to disc, DLA, etc.)
e) Click this and read
f) Do steps 3 and 4 from here (note that step 4 requires you to post information, and this step could be the most helpful in getting your situation resolved)

When I put the "failed media" into my computer it acted like it was a legit DVD but when I put the DVD into my player the Menu Works but nothing else does...

10. My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer that means Clonedvd worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player that can't play the disc is slowly dying.

Okay I have half a spindle of Sony and Half of TDK both were working perfectly fine, no problems at all. Now I make coasters. Its not the media.

Okay I have half a spindle of Sony and Half of TDK both were working perfectly fine, no problems at all. Now I make coasters. Its not the media.

FAQ said:
14. Hey, you're wrong! I've been using this so-called "junk" blank media forever, and it's always worked fine. But suddenly these same discs from the same spindle don't work. I can even use some of this cheap blank media with other programs. Nothing has changed except Clonedvd or Anydvd. So you don't know what you're talking about!

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

And it's time to start going through the steps I listed in post #3 in this thread.

Whatever! I just hate it when people start saying its bad media. I have burned a lot of DVDs over the last few years with many different brands of media good and bad quality, even a few different burners and have maybe a few coasters. Media type has never been an issue for me. By the way if it was just one bad disc the next few times I tried after changing speeds, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the programs and so on IT WOULD EVENTUALLY WORK! Also I just used DVDShrink and it worked perfectly so its not my burner, its not the drivers, and I haven't installed any DVD programs lately so its SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Sorry I just really hate being given stupid FAQs that never cover your problem and make you go on wild goose chases...

I just thought maybe I'd get an actual response instead of a FAQ

I'll figure it out myself no thanks to you!

Last edited:
Okay I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and I started to have a weird problem with Clone DVD2.
Having just upgraded my motherboard and processor on one of my systems I found that reinstalling drivers was not sufficient to solve all the problems (yet again :doh: ). I had to bite the bullet and reinstall windows on a formatted (blank) drive and then start over. It always seems to be necessary when unexplainable problems happen to previously working programs.

I'm sure your media may very well be ok, but there is a reason why all those tech-monkeys end up telling us to format the hard drive and reinstall windows - it just isn't worth the time and effort to find the underlying problem and fix it....

Handsome Pete said:
When writing to the DVD it goes to about 15% then sits for like 15 mins and then gives me a Media Write error and says its bad media.
Handsome Pete said:
I have half a spindle of Sony and Half of TDK both were working perfectly fine, no problems at all. Now I make coasters. Its not the media.
Handsome Pete said:
I just really hate being given stupid FAQs that never cover your problem and make you go on wild goose chases.....I just thought maybe I'd get an actual response instead of a FAQ.....I'll figure it out myself no thanks to you!

Another ‘Know It All’ who runs to a Web Forum asking for assistance with his Media Write Error problem and is so Hard Headed that will not even consider that possibility his branded Sony and/or TDK junk Media might be to cause of his problem.

Regards,
Coaster

Whatever! I just hate it when people start saying its bad media.

You need to reread everything that's been posted in this thread.

By the way if it was just one bad disc the next few times I tried after changing speeds, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the programs and so on IT WOULD EVENTUALLY WORK!

No. Not necessarily

its not the drivers

Wrong conclusion again

Sorry I just really hate being given stupid FAQs that never cover your problem and make you go on wild goose chases...

:rolleyes:

I'll figure it out myself

Then you certainly don't need to post asking for help. Thread closed

If you don't want to provide requested information nor heed advice, then don't post here asking for help.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back