• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PC Drive is Region Free/ Leaving any DVD running While burning

renaldok

I have a region free drive(Pioneer 111D FW 1.29). Question is two fold.

1) Do I need AnyDVD now that my drive is region Free?( i assume yes to keep up with different protections on any new discs purchased)

2) Do I leave Any DVD running when burning using imgburn or any other burning Software? ( generally like to ask people with more experience than myself)

thanks for your patience and understanding

Ronnie

1) Do I need AnyDVD now that my drive is region Free?( i assume yes to keep up with different protections on any new discs purchased)

Yes, you do.

Do I leave Any DVD running when burning using imgburn or any other burning Software? ( generally like to ask people with more experience than myself)

You don't necessarily require Anydvd when burning, but you do need it while decrypting and/or ripping. It should be noted that Anydvd may cause issues with Imgburn's verification process (after burning).

If you're unsure of how to rip properly with Anydvd, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328

Allow me to qualify your first question - even though you have removed your drive's region code, there's still two other layers - firstly windows stores the region code in the registry, and then secondly so does your software (powerdvd or windvd) - you can "reset" these quite easily manually.

Secondly, and I think what you're getting at is the forms of protections on your discs. Now speaking personally, I personally use DVD Decrypter usually on its own for doing my back-ups (& burn with ImgBurn) - I'm not an AnyDVD customer (but then again I don't make many back-ups only when there's a problem with my original). Now with that said, I live in Australia and most of our DVD releases do not contain excessive copy protections like in the USA - so depending on where you buy your DVDs from you may not be exposed to the more problematic protections.

My advice would be to download the trial and test AnyDVD on your system to work out if you wish to purchase the product - it is the best in the field for what it does.

Back