• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Probs with Pirates3

Generic

Hi

I am having difficulties with Pirates Of Caribbean "At World's End".

My error upon ripping to Harddrive : FileIO 4 Video_TS.VOB 96970752 360448

It will shut down at 1%, and won't allow me to rip to hard drive via AnyDVD 6.3.0.0.

I have read the other threads about situations dealing with Pirates 3, and have also tried all levels of AI. And had also tried the recommended of disabling the AI, and I still have the above error, though my situation is not with the Bonus CD, it is the main dvd. [FileIO 4 VIDEO_TS.VOB 96970752 360448]

I am hoping that my Log Files will help out.

In determining what is wrong....

Thank you in advance.

Generic

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_pi30nnw1.zip
    105 KB · Views: 13
I used Clone2DVD and had no problems>
Hi

I am having difficulties with Pirates Of Caribbean "At World's End".

It will shut down at 1%, and won't allow me to rip to hard drive via AnyDVD 6.3.0.0.

I have read the other threads about situations dealing with Pirates 3, and have also tried all levels of AI. And had also tried the recommended of disabling the AI, and I still have the above error, though my situation is not with the Bonus CD, it is the main dvd. [FileIO 4 VIDEO_TS.VOB 96970752 360448]

I am hoping that my Log Files will help out.

In determining what is wrong....

Thank you in advance.

Generic

Re: will test it out via that method

Hi Stevesmorol,

I'll try that method, and post my results.

Thank you.

Generic

----------------------------------Appended------
Rehi Stevesmorol,

Thank you for your suggestions, it's a good work around that works for me, via CloneDvd2 vs AnyDvd: rip to hard drive. I am able to complete my backup.

/cheers

Generic

Last edited:
Also, I had no problems using CloneCD to make a backup.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

23. I'm getting a FileIO 4 error. Why?

James said:
FileIO Error 4 = AnyDVD cannot *write* to your harddisk. This is an error I would never expect to happen.
Check the target directory. Is there enough space available? Is it a removable drive?

Generic said:
and had also tried the recommended of disabling the AI

Only with the bonus disc--not the main movie disc . . .

Last edited:
Hi Webslinger,

Interesting thread.

I have combined total of 3terrabytes, none of my drives are below 50 gigs, which is still overkill for a 7gig raw or 4gig rip.

I still want to thank you for the articles/faqs.

As I have mentioned that Stevesmorol's workaround works perfectly fine for me.

Im so used to ripping to hard drive first, it didn't occur to me to just try the latter, that Stevesmorol had posted.

Anyhow , thank you to the both of you for your suggestions.

Generic.

Hi Webslinger,

Interesting thread.

I have combined total of 3terrabytes, none of my drives are below 50 gigs, which is still overkill for a 7gig raw or 4gig rip.

I still want to thank you for the articles/faqs.

As I have mentioned that Stevesmorol's workaround works perfectly fine for me.

Im so used to ripping to hard drive first, it didn't occur to me to just try the latter, that Stevesmorol had posted.

Anyhow , thank you to the both of you for your suggestions.

Generic.

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. You see, Clonedvd's full disc rip and the rip from Anydvd ripper are exactly the same. Fileio 4 error means that Anydvd is unnable to write to your harddrive. It seems likely to me that you specified the wrong output path in Anydvd ripper.

1. Can you reproduce that error message?

2. Are you sure you're specifying the right drive letter in Anydvd ripper for the output?

3. Is the AI scanner set to default (as it should be)?

4. Anydvd ripper handles that disc perfectly fine: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=70814&postcount=1

Last edited:
Welps burning failed at 99%.

I'll go back to square one, re-read the postings, and work it from there.

Thanks,

Generic.

Welps burning failed at 99%.

I'll go back to square one, re-read the postings, and work it from there.

Thanks,

Generic.

1. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

2) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

3) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

4) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

5. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5083 and refer to questions #4 and #6 please

Last edited:
Offhand nothing is jumping out at me in looking at your log files.

(1) Check to make sure the directory the AnyDVD ripper is supposed to be putting files in exists and there is enough free space on the HDD for the files.

(2) Uncheck Remove annoying adverts and trailers. I notice this was checked when viewing your status window.

Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.07 08/18/0715:10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1975808 sectors (3859 MBytes)
Total size: 3925379 sectors (7666 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: pi30nnw1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I noticed nothing out of the ordinary when ripping this disc.

(2) Uncheck Remove annoying adverts and trailers. I notice this was checked when viewing your status window.

Yes, that's an excellent point. That feature, as noted, doesn't work properly with all discs (and may even cause problems).

1 hop forward 5 hops back and then 1 hop forward

Welps success rip to hard drive via AnyDvd.
Successful backup achieved.

There is nothing wrong with Anydvd/CloneDvd2

The culprit, overheating of Hard drives.

I have powered down, physically disconnect sata drives, wait, noticed box was overwhelming warm. Stuck a small desktop fan to help get rid of the heat.

Slapped on carbon copy of backup main drive.
I have copied directly to main drive, with all other drives disconnected.
I have copied from main drive to dvd backup.

I got to learn more new articles.

All in all , Thank you Stevesmorol, Webslinger, Jaybo, Bilbo65, and others if I missed your names, for helping me with determining some new factors with this situations which I have not thought of.

/cheers.

And thank you for the dvdinfo link, much appreciated.

/bows

Case Solved.

Generic

PS. I also used your suggestions with unchecking Remove annoying Averts and Trailers...DrinkLyeAndDie.

The culprit, overheating of Hard drives.

I have powered down, physically disconnect sata drives, wait, noticed box was overwhelming warm.

Oh wow, that is interesting.

Do you mind if I ask what brand and model hard drives are you using?

Also are you running them in a RAID configuration?

Last edited:
I have a mixture of WD/SGs

Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320-GB Hard Drive (maindrive)
Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320-GB Hard Drive

Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320-GB Hard Drive (carbonbackup) (never used unless I run into some problems, usually disconnected, stored away.)

SATA NCQ 500GB ST3500641AS-RK
SATA 3.0Gb/s 250GB ST3250820AS

WD1600AABS 160 GB, 3 Gb/s, 2 MB Cache, 7200 RPM
WD5000AAJS 500 GB, 3 Gb/s, 8 MB Cache, 7200 RPM

= 2050

externals wd/sgs

2x = WDH1U5000 Western Digital My Book™ Essential Edition™ 2.0 500GB
2x = ST305004FPA1E3-RK Seagate FreeAgent™ Pro 500GB

It's generic, but thats what I'm using. the 2 external drives 1 each SD/WG arent opened, they are incase for some god forsaken reason I run out of space.

-----------------Appended--------

No I am not using raid, as most of the additional hard-drives were later added on during different periods in months/years. Though I have thought about it.

I live in the tropical weather, so humidity factors are burdensome. Both manufracturers have both said thier products will usually last longer than thier competitor.....

Last edited:
I had no trouble with Pirates of the Caribbean at world's ends using CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 And AnyDvd 6.3.0.0 the entire disc

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BPSA 2004/10/29 21:10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1975808 sectors (3859 MBytes)
Total size: 3925379 sectors (7666 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: pi30nnw1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

E: drive = WDH1U5000 Western Digital My Book™ Essential Edition™ 2.0 500GB this was the E: drive I couldnt write too. It currently has 336 gigs free.

Though to be honest, I'm not positive which drives were overheating as the entire box was warm to touch.

I had originally posted E: drive = WD1600AABS 160 GB, 3 Gb/s, 2 MB Cache, 7200 RPM, As I use that alot for slow burns, etc.

Correction, error on posting.

---------Appended------

Rip to E - external, Clonedvd to D: 160 internal. So maybe thats the culprit?

Anyhow. the fix was clone C, and rip to there, burn from there.

Last edited:
Back