• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My problem with Pirates

Jaybo

Hi

I am having difficulties with Pirates Of Caribbean "At World's End".

My error upon ripping to Harddrive : FileIO 4 Video_TS.VOB 96970752 360448

It will shut down at 1%, and won't allow me to rip to hard drive via AnyDVD 6.3.0.0.

I have read the other threads about situations dealing with Pirates 3, and have also tried all levels of AI. And had also tried the recommended of disabling the AI, and I still have the above error, though my situation is not with the Bonus CD, it is the main dvd. [FileIO 4 VIDEO_TS.VOB 96970752 360448]

I am hoping that my Log Files will help out.

In determining what is wrong....

Thank you in advance.

Generic

You are using an R1 (Region 1) Disc version of Pirates 3. Correct? I thought these kinds of errors were a thing of the past, but alass, , , not.

The error you are getting is a "cyclic redundancy" check. This error is causing you the problem.

My suggestion:

Try using your burner to read the disc, (Slower Speed) use movie only feature to create your backup.

Regards,
:)

The error you are getting is a "cyclic redundancy" check. This error is causing you the problem.

No. It's not. In Generic's case, the output directory may not have been properly specified (wrong drive letter, for instance). Since Clonedvd worked fine the problem is likely due to not setting the output path in Anydvd ripper properly--or possibly not having (at the time) enough free disc space on the hard drive. A File IO 4 error is not a read error; it means that Anydvd cannot write to the harddrive. In your case, you're getting a read error message. These are two separate issues.

Last edited:
Sorry Webslinger, , , that is the error I am seeing here, , and it's on vts4.

What is the full error message you're seeing? FileIO 4 is not a reading error.

Last edited:
What is the full error message you're seeing? FileIO 4 is not a reading error.

The error reads as follows:

Video_TS/VTS_04_1.Vob:read error

Copy Protection Error-The read failed because the sector is encrypted.

From what else I can see, , , it has to do with the picture reader.

Regards,

The error reads as follows:

Video_TS/VTS_04_1.Vob:read error

Copy Protection Error-The read failed because the sector is encrypted.

From what else I can see, , , it has to do with the picture reader.

Regards,

1. That's not the full error message. Please provide the full error message.

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3. Anydvd 6.3.0.0 handles the R1 version of this disc perfectly fine: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=70814&postcount=1

4. Ensure you're using the default settings in Anydvd. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok". Try again.

5. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
1. That's not the full error message. Please provide the full error message.

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3. Anydvd 6.3.0.0 handles the R1 version of this disc perfectly fine: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=70814&postcount=1

4. Ensure you're using the default settings in Anydvd. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok". Try again.

5. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Webslinger,

Please do not talk down to me. I have worked with AnyDVD for years, I know how the software is to work.

More of the error is:
File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

Regards,

Last edited:
Webslinger,

Please do not talk down to me.

I was not "talk[ing] down to you." I was trying to help you.

I have worked with AnyDVD for years, I know how the software is to work.

Well then I'm sure you can figure out this problem yourself. However, please do not post about unrelated issues you're having in other people's troubleshooting threads in the future. Thank you

click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully please

More of the error is:
File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

Steps 2,3,4, and especially 5 still apply from my previous post

Last edited:

Well then I'm sure you can figure out this problem yourself. However, please do not post about unrelated issues you're having in other people's troubleshooting threads in the future. Thank you

click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully please

Steps 2,3,4, and 5 still apply from my previous post

Aren't we the two good Samaritans, , , I was trying to help him too. I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

I already found the workaround to create my backup, from the original I purchased today.

So, I'll butt out of you helping other folks.

Regards,

Aren't we the two good Samaritans, , , I was trying to help him too. I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

O.k. I wasn't being sarcastic either. I was honestly trying to help you.
/shrug

Last edited:
O.k. I wasn't being sarcastic either. I was honestly trying to help you.
/shrug

Webslinger,

Was their a glitch in the forum software? About every other time I refresh the page, this thread was part of Generic's thread, and another time it's a thread by it's self. That's got us confused.

Regards,

Webslinger,

Was their a glitch in the forum software? About every other time I refresh the page, this thread was part of Generic's thread, and another time it's a thread by it's self. That's got us confused.

Regards,

I separated the posts into separate threads. Generic's issue is a FileIO 4 problem (which means that Anydvd ripper cannot write to the harddrive). The problem he had was his hard drives overheated--or possibly that he was having an issue ripping to an external hard drive.

Your issue is a read error on the original disc (which points towards a bad original disc even if it plays fine). These are two separate unrelated issues.

Last edited:
Back