• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

James, Why dont you protect your product make it more secure !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plug

Everytime a new ANYDVD HD is released
10 minutes later its posted on warez board with cracks or legit licence files

cant you make your products authentication more secure like for instance
tie your product to computers hardware via licence like the type of protection daemon tools advanced pro used but make it even more secure than that.

im sick and tired of seeing programs like this so easily cracked
whats worse is when the persion that sees them is buying the product

i could have just downloaded it instead.
you see my point. ?

Feel better that you at least chose to support the makers of a useful program. They probably just care more about updating the software to be constantly up-to-date and functional for people like you who choose to pay for it, rather than finding novel ways to protect it from people who would go to extremes to avoid doing the same.

Last edited:
for legal license files there is nothing they can do except blacklist for next version....for cracks, I bet most do not work...although they may SEEM to. ;)

for legal license files there is nothing they can do except blacklist for next version....for cracks, I bet most do not work...although they may SEEM to. ;)
Most cracks will piggyback a trojan that infects your whole registry, user beware.:agree:

AnyDHD HD or otherwise is well worth the money we've paid, as fakename suggests feel that warm glow inside knowing you've contributed to this great piece of work unlike some other scumbags out there.

It's like the encryption stuff debate on BD and HD, it must cost the Sony et al a mountain of cash to figure out and impliement these protection solutions.. just for someone like our good james and team to circumvent them. The arguement is why have it there in the first place then, cause really its just a hindrance to honest people like you and I who buy the movie in the first instance.

I would imagine the same argument holds up here... surely its a better use of time, money and resources to make the product better and encourage people to pay as opposed to wasting away your time on protection methods which undoubedly in a digital world people will find a way around anyway.

KH

What downloadable software isn't cracked and isn't found on warez sites?

you see my point?

Not really

Also, the discussion of cracks isn't permitted on these forums, but I won't close this thread just yet. The other moderators can make a decision if they want this thread closed.

Last edited:
To Secure or Not To Secure ...

It's interesting that SlySoft which helps consumers bypass DRM and various copying protections would go to any great length to protect their product. Ultimately knowing that what's is good for the goose ...

They even offer a trial version that if I understand how this stuff works with the # of updates lately you could probably live off the trial version for a good while.

Ultimately, this goes back to concept of people wouldn't pay for Coke/Pepsi if it came out the faucet. After all, you wouldn't pay for water - would you? Ironically, we do and we do so in the amount of billions of dollars for bottled water, etc.

When it comes to convenience, you just can't beat having a purchased legal copy and knowing that the software is coming from the source and nothing has been attached it.

Sure, there are some that are happy with the more risky option, but you have to ask yourself if they would have paid any ways.

I guess in the end, make a good product, charge a fair price for it and you'll find a client base willing to support it/you. But put in some limited protections to encourge the honest folks to stay honest and keep your eye focused on making the software as good as possible ...

What downloadable software isn't cracked and isn't found on warez sites?

well said!

if its written by a human, a human can crack it - bit like aacs, bd+, css....

i won't buy software that has so many ways to ruin the user experience in the name of copy-protection.

cant you make your products authentication more secure like for instance
tie your product to computers hardware via licence
IMHO this is not friendly for our customers. If I upgrade my PC I don't want to mess with product re-activation. Do you?

like the type of protection daemon tools advanced pro used but make it even more secure than that.
That's the reason I will never buy Daemon Tools (or any other product requiring online activation, like 1-click products, Symantec / Norton, etc.)
And it can easily be cracked anyway.

im sick and tired of seeing programs like this so easily cracked
whats worse is when the persion that sees them is buying the product

i could have just downloaded it instead.
you see my point. ?
No. If you use a crack you are a crook, a bad person. And you will never be able to access the HD DVD/BD update server.
If you are buying it, you do "the right thing(tm)".

Okay now since I have broken the rules discussing this and we all seem to understand that cracks are not to be discussed here, I think we all know whats needs to be done here. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back