• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.3.0.0 released

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
6.3.0.0 2007 11 30
- New (DVD): Some discs are mastered incorrectly and have invalid file
sizes. AnyDVD now corrects the file sizes in the VIDEO_TS directory.
- New (DVD): Added support for new copy protection as found on
"This is England" (R2, UK)
- Change (DVD): Default AI Scanner level is now "thorough", as some
discs did not work correctly with the previous default setting.
- Fix (HD DVD): Black screen with re-release of "Planet Earth" series.
- Fix (DVD): CSS decryption problems with some protected discs on
region code mismatch
- Fix (DVD): Although CloneDVD2 worked with "Hairspray" (US), AnyDVD
ripper aborted with a "VobSet 1" error. This is fixed now.
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6300.exe

great stuff.
that was a big jump up to 6.3.0.0 :D

also,i notice that most,if not all,releases have 'Some minor fixes and improvements'.
what does this mean (i'm just being nosey :agree: ).

Last edited:
great stuff.
that was a big jump up to 6.3.0.0 :D

also,i notice that most,if not all,releases have 'Some minor fixes and improvements'.
what does this mean (i'm just being nosey :agree: ).

i don't know the slysoft specifics, but as a programmer, minor improvements that don't merit expansion in the changelog are usually things like code cleanups, better comments in the code, optimisations, newer versions of linked libraries etc.

then there's multi-lingual translations to the messages, which have to be updated even if its just the message file that contains the version string.

and yeah i thought it was a big jump from 6201 (or 6202 beta) to 6300, i was expecting a major change there, unless the major change is the versioning scheme :D

There was a problem with one DVD where bits of the sound check were missing. Though the main movie was fine. I cannot remember the name of this particular DVD but was it fixed? I don't remember any body saying it was.

Also, according the 'movies which may not work' thread 3 movies were removed from the 6.3.0.0 release. Meaning the latest version can now fix them. I also don't remember anybody justifying it.

Am I going crazy here?

There was a problem with one DVD where bits of the sound check were missing. Though the main movie was fine. I cannot remember the name of this particular DVD but was it fixed??

Ratatouille R1

And I'm not sure whether that issue is fixed. No one appears to want to bother confirming--nor do they want to upload the .zip file

Last edited:
Come on people, check that DVD and find out if the problem is still there.

Come on people, check that DVD and find out if the problem is still there.

I live in Region 1. Though I've already ripped that movie without any issues using 6.2.0.1, I'll be happy to upload the IFO files. However, keep in mind these are for you guys.. since I only rip in "movie only" mode. I have no need to duplicate menus, or additional menu items for just the backups... so I didn't run into any issues with Rattatouille.

I live in Region 1. Though I've already ripped that movie without any issues using 6.2.0.1, I'll be happy to upload the IFO files. However, keep in mind these are for you guys.. since I only rip in "movie only" mode. I have no need to duplicate menus, or additional menu items for just the backups... so I didn't run into any issues with Rattatouille.

1. Try Anydvd 6.3.0.0, and use Anydvd ripper (right click the red fox icon-->Select "rip videodvd to harddisk"). Then try to play that rip on your computer. Do the sound test/configuration screens work?

2. Post the Anydvd zip file to the forums

With Anydvd 6.3.0.0 installed
a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the ORIGINAL disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

1. Try Anydvd 6.3.0.0, and use Anydvd ripper (right click the red fox icon-->Select "rip videodvd to harddisk"). Then try to play that rip on your computer. Do the sound test/configuration screens work?

LOL....I've ripped to hard drive, so how do you sound test, etc??

Here's the zip file:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_RATATOUILLE.zip
    106.8 KB · Views: 5
LOL....I've ripped to hard drive, so how do you sound test, etc??

Here's the zip file:

Is there some audio and video optimization routine on that disc? Are parts of it missing during playback of the rip?
If so then the AI scanner is removing material that it shouldn't. And if not, then there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
6.3 Problem?

:doh:I just installed the 6.3 upgrade and now DVDs produced on GoVideo that previously played on my computer with WinDVD no longer display any image, just sound. What happened and how do I roll back to the previous version?

Issue with AnyDVD 6.3.0.0. upgrade?

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and didn't find any posts regarding this issue. After successfully downloading the new 6.3.0.0 upgrade, I shut down my computer (Windows XP user). Turning it on the next morning, I find my monitor settings all askew. The screen colors are vivid purple, all colors are "set" too high, contrast off, and a strange semi-circle appears in the top left corner of my login screen.

The thing is, the monitor (ViewSonic VX2025wm) is fine, settings on it are fine. Changing the settings on the monitor results in no change. I checked every single display/screen saver/appearance/you name it settings in XP, all fine, normal. I checked all cable connections. Fine.

I need to correct this, perhaps contact support for ViewSonic, but first I want to check and see if I can delete AnyDVD and re-download it once the monitor problem is fixed. Maybe it's responsible, maybe not. Note: I did not receive any error messages. My computer and my monitor show that they are functioning properly. I must delete AnyDVD--but I just bought it.

Thank you for any advice you may have.

Char

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and didn't find any posts regarding this issue. After successfully downloading the new 6.3.0.0 upgrade, I shut down my computer (Windows XP user). Turning it on the next morning, I find my monitor settings all askew. The screen colors are vivid purple, all colors are "set" too high, contrast off, and a strange semi-circle appears in the top left corner of my login screen.

The thing is, the monitor (ViewSonic VX2025wm) is fine, settings on it are fine. Changing the settings on the monitor results in no change. I checked every single display/screen saver/appearance/you name it settings in XP, all fine, normal. I checked all cable connections. Fine.

I need to correct this, perhaps contact support for ViewSonic, but first I want to check and see if I can delete AnyDVD and re-download it once the monitor problem is fixed. Maybe it's responsible, maybe not. Note: I did not receive any error messages. My computer and my monitor show that they are functioning properly. I must delete AnyDVD--but I just bought it.

Thank you for any advice you may have.

Char

When in doubt.... remove.

Although I must say, after moving away from Nvidia's 93.71 driver series, ... I am constantly having to go back and set the Overlay's to default settings. Otherwise anything I watch, is all black/white.

Aside from that though... in returning IFOs for this DVD as well, do you guys need the ones straight from the original DVD, or will the ones from the already ripped DVD work?

Easy to uninstall and re-install then?

Thanks for the encouragement to delete.

I've not heard from anyone else. Is it easy enough to uninstall the new 3.0 update? And then, maybe, try again?

Appreciate any comments, thanks,

Char

AnyDVD couldn't damage your monitor. However, your problems could be greatly irritating. This makes me wonder a few things.

You never mentioned what brand of video card or what model. You also never mentioned what driver version you were using for said video card. Again, I don't see AnyDVD causing this problem but it's good information for debugging.

It's possible the problem is a driver conflict. I have an Nvidia GeForce 6200 OC and I use the 163.75 ForceWare drivers on my XP Pro SP2 system. I've had no issues with these any version of Nvidia drivers, any Nvidia video card, my monitor and any version of AnyDVD ever.

There are two things I'd recommend, personally. Over time it is possible for cards in your system to loosen and not be tightly seated [due to vibration among other things] in the appropriate slot depending on the type of card you have. If you have no qualms about doing it then I'd recommend reseating the video card on your motherboard to make sure it's tightly seated. Of course, make sure the system is unplugged when you do this and make sure you destatic yourself first which is common sense. :)

If that makes no difference then you could try uninstalling your video card drivers and then reinstalling. It would take me way less time to reseat my video card than to uninstall and reinstall the drivers so, personally, that's the one I would try first.

Of course these are just suggestions. If you don't feel comfortable doing either then don't do it. And if you don't really know what you are doing then definitely don't.

Last edited:
Back