• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

You Are Not Alone (NTSC - R1)

gentoo_zach

Hello all,

When trying to archive this disc, at approximately 53% of the way through the reading, CloneDVD stops and a window pops up that says "Trying to repair defective DVD structure...please wait!" I have viewed the movie in its entirety and nothing seemed wrong with it. Why would it need to do this, and what should I do?

When I hit "Cancel," this message comes up under the "unexpected error" details:

"NavigationPack 0 VOBU 4 1573017 266 Clone 6 TCE"

Here are the info about the disc (as presented in AnyDVD):

---
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-112D 1.22 07/06/29PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1464672 sectors (2860 MBytes)
Total size: 2914880 sectors (5693 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: YANA
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
---

Thanks preemptively,
Zach

P.S. I have uploaded the IFOs in a zip file.

Attachments

• yana.zip
    228.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello all,

When trying to archive this disc, at approximately 53% of the way through the reading, CloneDVD stops and a window pops up that says "Trying to repair defective DVD structure...please wait!" I have viewed the movie in its entirety and nothing seemed wrong with it. Why would it need to do this, and what should I do?
Wait, don't click "cancel".

P.S. I have uploaded the IFOs in a zip file.

Please do this instead (for the .ifos):

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the ORIGINAL disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. There is absolutely no protection on this disc at all according to the Anydvd status window. What colour is the bottom of the disc?

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc (or the region that you are in)
viii. Start Anydvd

4. What version of Clonedvd are you using?

There is rarely any protection on TLA releases. The disc is silver on the back, not purple like a burned disc. I've never had any problem burning a disc due to my drive region not being set. I personally don't want to set the region as I have an approximately equal number of discs from each of the regions (sans 7 and 8 ).

I understand that it makes sense to just let the program "correct" the DVD structure, but 1) it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with the file structure, and 2) it takes a huge amount of time just to move 1%, which, to me, is indicative of being a large error. So I was just asking before I wasted a DVD+R DL disc.

I am using CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 and AnyDVD 6.3.0.0.

Here's the file you were looking for:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_YANA.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I personally don't want to set the region as I have an approximately equal number of discs from each of the regions (sans 7 and 8 ).

You may encounter problems with CSS if you do not set the region in the future (so keep that in mind with future discs). Your other discs being in different regions doesn't matter. However, I doubt setting the drive region will resolve this particular issue.

I understand that it makes sense to just let the program "correct" the DVD structure, but 1) it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with the file structure, and 2) it takes a huge amount of time just to move 1%, which is indicative to me of being a large error.

I tend to be a bit confused about this as well. However, James is the Anydvd developer, and it would be wise to do as he says.

Again, do this please (so I can check some other things; I want the full .zip file):

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the ORIGINAL disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. What happens when you use Anydvd ripper? Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select "rip video-dvd to harddisk". Do you get an error message? If so, please provide the full error message.

Last edited:
Back