• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 iso rips

HD43

Am I right in thinking PS3 iso rips of the new Fox BD+ titles don't work with AnyDVD? Will these work once BD+ is fully broken?

Thanks.

The only BD+ title I have is Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer and it works for me on my HTPC with a ripped PS3 ISO using PowerDVD Ultra.

It seems to work with powerdvd ultra 3319a, not the latest versions which cannot read from hard disk files and also seem to have problems reading from mounted isos.

Process:
-install linux on ps3
-rip DR to .iso (takes 4-6 hours per BR disc for me) on external hard disk
-move external hard disk to windows pc
-mount .iso using daemon tools and let anydvd scan it
-watch in powerdvd ultra 3319a

It worked for me.

It seems to work with powerdvd ultra 3319a, not the latest versions which cannot read from hard disk files and also seem to have problems reading from mounted isos.

Process:
-install linux on ps3
-rip DR to .iso (takes 4-6 hours per BR disc for me) on external hard disk
-move external hard disk to windows pc
-mount .iso using daemon tools and let anydvd scan it
-watch in powerdvd ultra 3319a

It worked for me.
hmmm ... it takes 60-90minutes for the Blu-Ray iso rips on my PS3 to a ext3 formatted external hdd. There shouldn't be much difference between everyones rip times - yours take that long? I'm using YellowDog.

hmmm ... it takes 60-90minutes for the Blu-Ray iso rips on my PS3 to a ext3 formatted external hdd. There shouldn't be much difference between everyones rip times - yours take that long? I'm using YellowDog.

Because he's using an NTFS formatted drive. I'm doing the same thing and it is indeed ridiculously slow. But it works, and doesn't require that we mess around with messy drivers in Windows to read the EXT3 partition. So, it's a trade off...one that I'm happy to make.

Because he's using an NTFS formatted drive. I'm doing the same thing and it is indeed ridiculously slow. But it works, and doesn't require that we mess around with messy drivers in Windows to read the EXT3 partition. So, it's a trade off...one that I'm happy to make.
I would've thought that the ntfs was quicker. I'm only using ext3 because I can't get YellowDog to read an ntfs drive.

I would've thought that the ntfs was quicker. I'm only using ext3 because I can't get YellowDog to read an ntfs drive.

No, Ubuntu ships with ntfs-3g which does a good job and all, but, fast it's not. You should be able to install ntfs-3g into your YellowDog installation if you want to check it out. I'd be curious as to what results you see with that. If it's faster, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

No, Ubuntu ships with ntfs-3g which does a good job and all, but, fast it's not. You should be able to install ntfs-3g into your YellowDog installation if you want to check it out. I'd be curious as to what results you see with that. If it's faster, I'd switch in a heartbeat.
I've tried in the past to get ntfs installed. I followed some guide, but at the end I still didn't have ntfs. I've since given up. It works so I'm not going to mess with it. I'm not very proficient in linux. :(

I've tried in the past to get ntfs installed. I followed some guide, but at the end I still didn't have ntfs. I've since given up. It works so I'm not going to mess with it. I'm not very proficient in linux. :(

I'm not at all familiar with the YD distribution of Linux so I'm afraid I won't be of much help there. I'm an Ubuntu fan. I love that it ships with ntfs-3g built right in. But, I have the same issue of it taking several hours. I haven't got enough patience to deal with EXT3 on Vista. If it were XP, that'd be a different story. EXT3 on Vista is less than ideal.

Have you succeeded in ripping/playing SpiderMan 3 with the PS3? Everything else seems to work, including bd+ titles, but I cannot play the spiderman 3 ISO once it's mounted in DaemonTools and anydvd can't rip it - it just puts up an error about 'unable to read drive e:'.

Have you succeeded in ripping/playing SpiderMan 3 with the PS3? Everything else seems to work, including bd+ titles, but I cannot play the spiderman 3 ISO once it's mounted in DaemonTools and anydvd can't rip it - it just puts up an error about 'unable to read drive e:'.
I had no problems ripping SM3 from a PS3 iso, but I don't remember what AnyDVD version I was using. I get that error in a couple of other movies though - I keep trying to rip the ISO with every new AnyDVD version, but I can't rip or watch from iso on 3 movies: Day After Tomorrow, Seven Years in Tibet, and Mr Brooks.

I'm running pdvd 3319a, but that wouldn't have anything to do with the anydvd saying 'can't read from drive e', which is the iso mounted with daemon tools.

The problem is ripping ISOs from the PS3 is not officially supported by Slysoft which is understandable. I have not tried SM3 yet. I'm quite sure I won't get around to trying it any time this weekend. Maybe in a few days if you need me to test it out I'll give it a shot. Maybe someone else has some advice on this one.

I think the ISO rip was actually incomplete. I retried and instead of just 33GB, it was around 45GB. I haven't tried remounting on the PC, but I suspect it will work now.

Back