• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Webslinger - a question please....

carli56

Hello Webslinger. You have helped me in the past, I thank you for that. Please give me your valued advice on this decision.

I have given up on using Clone DVD and have purchased Clone CD. Clone DVD fails regularly when duping dual layer DVDs. Copies stop and stutter at the layer break. I have tried all the suggestions found here. Clone DVD worked great for 6 months, then became unreliable.

I have already used Clone CD to dupe a couple of my DVD movies. It worked great! I know you use Clone CD (that's where I got the idea to switch). What, if anything, am I giving up by using Clone CD rather than Clone DVD? The copies look great. Thanks for any knowledge you may have to offer.

Hi :)
Welcome carli56. :agree: :clap:
As you have had CloneDVD for 6 months or more. You are not really giving anything up. As you still have CloneDVD.
In terms of using CloneCD over CloneDVD.
You just do 1:1 copies.
So don't have the same user control.
i.e. Editing.
CloneCD will also copy PC related data (which you may not want) along with the movie + extras.
So keep both & use whichever is your preference.
Which looks like being CloneCD.
But keep CloneDVD in reserve.

Clone DVD fails regularly when duping dual layer DVDs.

Here's a quick lesson that most salespeople get wrong:

-R DL = "dual"
+R DL = "double"

I do not recommend using -R DL (dual).

Copies stop and stutter at the layer break. I have tried all the suggestions found here. Clone DVD worked great for 6 months, then became unreliable.

I am firmly of the opinion that there is a current bug in Clonedvd concerning the layer break: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9296

Whether that issue is affecting you, I can not be certain.

However, one should typically use Verbatim +R DL only (and preferably those made in Singapore). Using inferior quality blank media (such as Memorex) will occasionally create issues (like those you have described), regardless of the program used.

What, if anything, am I giving up by using Clone CD rather than Clone DVD?

As Zebadee mentioned you're only losing the capacity to remove unwanted material (such as previews, advertisements, etc.) from your backup.

But, in general, I do feel Clonedvd is very good for quick single layer backups and for ripping. However, I have to admit that I would never use Clonedvd for Double layer backups; I prefer maintaining the original layer break position.

Last edited:
Thanks......

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope my double-layer problems are in the past. All Hail...Clone CD!

Back