• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I'd like to think that BD+ is getting closer to being obliterated....

iansilv

It seems like the BD+ crack was really just a work around. Can someone officially confirm that there is a more significant, permanent BD+ crack on the way?

It seems like the BD+ crack was really just a work around.

BD+ hasn't been "cracked". AFAIK all Slysoft did was decrypt the disc and then let BD+ run as normal in the player. BD+ would check that the player had not been compromised and run its code as normal - but didn't (or couldn't) check that the disc was not aacs-encrypted. With that said, Sony and their butt-buddies devised a work-around for that: prevent playback from folder. This doesn't seem to stop you from burning a back-up copy of a movie with BD+ and playing in your stand-alone, although I could be mistaken.

It seems like the BD+ crack was really just a work around. Can someone officially confirm that there is a more significant, permanent BD+ crack on the way?

OMG, you're all peeing you pants, aren't you? Yes, a permanent crack is on the way.

That's exactly what they wanna hear, James. 8)
This includes me as well.;)

Yes, a permanent crack is on the way.
But can you transcode with it? ;-)

LOL! It seems you've been working on it for quite some time, it must be a nasty thing to circumvent!

OMG, you're all peeing you pants, aren't you? Yes, a permanent crack is on the way.

I'm not either, simply because I don't have any blu ray discs or anything yet. Personally, I can't hardly wait for the BD+ crack simply to see what kind of reaction is going to come from it. Sometimes, I feel like this whole HD disc / AACS / BD+ thing is like an ongoing reality TV show.

[DEEP MOVIE VOICE]
Will Slysoft finally be able to crack BD+? Will Sony succeed at conquering the world? What new twists will the AACS LA throw into the mix? How will Cyberlink survive being caught between paying customers and the angry movie studios? Find out on the next episode of... HD WARS!
[/DEEP MOVIE VOICE]

:D

It seems like the BD+ crack was really just a work around.

Who said it was anything more than a workaround? Slysoft didn't.

Give Slysoft some time. They are human after all. As godlike and infallible as many see them they aren't. Sorry, James & peer. ;)

Is BluRay going to be cracked soon as I am about to buy your good AnyDVD at Christmas for myself if I can use it with my LG GGW-H20L also at Christmas.

Is BluRay going to be cracked soon as I am about to buy your good AnyDVD at Christmas for myself if I can use it with my LG GGW-H20L also at Christmas.

I'll answer this just to spare you from the inevitable responses you're likely to get. There has been no official time frame given for BD+. When you say "Blu-ray", you have to be more specific. BD+ is the only real issue at this point in time. MKB v4 has been dealt with, so, any Blu-ray title NOT using BD+ is just fine. BD+ is being worked on and a full solution will eventually be released. NO ONE is going to be able to tell you when that is going to happen. I personally wouldn't purchase a product based upon some unknown future functionality unless it was a company I trusted. Slysoft is one of those companies for me, but, that's a very personal decision you have to make. Base your decision on what it can do TODAY not on what you HOPE it can do sometime down the road. In the end, AnyDVD has never let me down. Slysoft always comes through.

Wow....and to think I let your cranky @@@ off the hook this morning on a post in the AnyDVD forum... ;)

Yeah, I was really cranky this morning (after someone posted all over the place about . . . nevermind). What post? Was I too mean somewhere?

Yeah, I was really cranky this morning (after someone posted all over the place about . . . nevermind). What post? Was I too mean somewhere?

I almost called you on this one but thought better of it. :D You appear to have fixed the "issue". ;)

I almost called you on this one but thought better of it. :D You appear to have fixed the "issue". ;)

Yeah, I consider that thread hijacking, and it wouldn't be the first time . . .

Also, considering the new forum announcement that no one reads, I was getting a little disappointed. But it's not as though anyone reads stickies, so why should they read forum announcements, right? :(

Yeah, I consider that thread hijacking, and it wouldn't be the first time . . .

Also, considering the new forum announcement that no one reads, I was getting a little disappointed. But it's not as though anyone reads stickies, so why should they read forum announcements, right? :(

The life and times of a moderator. :D As for the spam that got posted last night/this morning, yea, that was nonsense. Also one of those crappy issues that mods have to deal with from time to time. What a pain. :)

LOL! Yes- I am peeing my pants! You freakin' rock James!!!

And Toshiba better put a Ferrari in your driveway!!!

Back