• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft write-up in CPU Magazine

Slinger07

Just wanted you guys to know that the January 08 issue of CPU (Computer Power User) Magazine has a nice writeup about AnyDVD HD on Page 11 titled "Slysoft Bring BD+ To Its Knees".

Kind of nice to see Slysoft get some recognition in a popular magazine for a change. :clap:

But since they havn't cracked it yet, doesn't that show that the guys writing the article havn't bothered to do there research properly?

But since they havn't cracked it yet, doesn't that show that the guys writing the article havn't bothered to do there research properly?

For some reason this rumor is spreading...
We never claimed to have cracked BD+ - it's probably the line in the changelog that says "all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper", which was simply meant to say, well, "for now it works - for some reason".

Whatever... sort of funny it is... :)

I know, it's amazing how people can't read properly

You say you didn`'t crack it yet? I think there was a press release were James Wong said that you already found a way to overcome BD+ and you are just working on fine tuning.He also told he should hire a bodyguard.......And that release should come by the end of the year....
Am I mistaken?

Last edited:
Lets hope that magazine doesn't get sued for linking to a DVD copying program.

You say you didn`'t crack it yet? I think there was a press release were James Wing said that you already found a way to overcome BD+ and you are just working on fine tuning.He also told he should hire a bodyguard.......And that release should come by the end of the year....
Am I mistaken?
No, you're not mistaken. You probably have noted already, that BD+ has been circumvented / overcome / whatever you might call it (you can play it without HDCP requirement, you can play it from Virtual drives, you can play it from harddisk folder).

But no, it isn't fully cracked yet.

No, you're not mistaken. You probably have noted already, that BD+ has been circumvented / overcome / whatever you might call it (you can play it without HDCP requirement, you can play it from Virtual drives, you can play it from harddisk folder).

But no, it isn't fully cracked yet.

How has BD+ been circumvented? It still protects the content, you cannot change/remove/modify the stream.

It was cirumvented so you can rip the content to the harddrive and play it back from there with PowerDVD.(You also have to copy the full BDSVM folder in which the BD+ virtual maschine is(AnyDVD does that automatically).I tried to burn it onto a BD-RE and play it back in a Blu ray stand alone but it does not work.

Oh ok now I understand what you meant with found a way to get around it....I thought I could hope that there would be a full crack availible at the end of the year. It is a pitty now I guess we have to wait much longer till it is supported?

(And by the way sorry for the wrong spelling of the name of course the name is Wong not Wing. It was just a typing mistake.)

Last edited:
Its not cirumvented at all.

Current BD+ discs arent checking the enviroment properly (like that AACS is present etc...), this is just a bug in the discs that have been released so far.

Nobody has found a way to circumvented it, the protection just doesnt work because of a bug, and they will eventually fix this on new discs.

However it was my understanding that slysoft had already cracked bd+ but just hadnt released it yet.

James/peer are you saying this story is not true??
http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/30/slysoft-claims-to-have-cracked-bd-naysayers-fall-quiet/

Its not cirumvented at all.

Current BD+ discs arent checking the enviroment properly (like that AACS is present etc...), this is just a bug in the discs that have been released so far.

Nobody has found a way to circumvented it, the protection just doesnt work because of a bug, and they will eventually fix this on new discs.

However it was my understanding that slysoft had already cracked bd+ but just hadnt released it yet.

James/peer are you saying this story is not true??
http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/30/slysoft-claims-to-have-cracked-bd-naysayers-fall-quiet/

I wouldn't trust it to be true, I've come across lots of stories on that site that are either inaccurate or completley false, and even after you report it as being wrong they don't correct it

Back