• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero cd/dvd speed

freddyy99

Hi,
First,let me say I've used anydvd/clonedvd for years and LOVE it!!!..thanks to everyone involved.
My problem is that I decided to download and try Nero cd.dvd speed to check my burnt dvds,but the start button on the quality check is greyed out. I have a Plextor 716 uf(which I love), and always get great burns, I just wanted to try the Nero product.
Can anyone offer some advice as to why that button would be greyed out?
Thanks in advance,
Freddyy99:doh:

Hi,
First,let me say I've used anydvd/clonedvd for years and LOVE it!!!..thanks to everyone involved.
My problem is that I decided to download and try Nero cd.dvd speed to check my burnt dvds,but the start button on the quality check is greyed out. I have a Plextor 716 uf(which I love), and always get great burns, I just wanted to try the Nero product.
Can anyone offer some advice as to why that button would be greyed out?
Thanks in advance,
Freddyy99:doh:

Not all drives are supported. If you wish to scan a disc for quality then I'd recommend installing PlexTools Professional LE v3.13.

Quality Scan has never worked for any of my Plextor drives however ScanDisc works fine with Nero CD-DVD Speed.

If you purchased your Plextor drive retail, Plextools should have been included.
It is a very useful software.

If you purchased your Plextor drive retail, Plextools should have been included.
They only give you a 30day free trial of Plextools Professional 3.13 witha new drive. You have to buy it after that.

Thank you guys for responding to my question. I'll now use PLextools for my diagnostic needs! I really appreciate the help!

Well, yes and no. I have purchased numerous drives from Plextor. When I purchased my older Plextor drives in the US region I never actually got PlexTools Professional which truly irritated me. This was when I initially got my PX-708A and my PX-716A. I finally had PlexTools Professional on the disc that came with my drive when I got my PX-760A. All my drives were retail.

They only give you a 30day free trial of Plextools Professional 3.13 witha new drive. You have to buy it after that.

This is why PlexTools Professional LE is nice. It's freeware. The older PlexTools was phased out and replaced by PlexTools Professional XL (shareware) and PlexTools Professional LE (freeware).

Thank you guys for responding to my question. I'll now use PLextools for my diagnostic needs! I really appreciate the help!

Glad to have helped. :)

Last edited:
I have 3 (purchased retail from Newegg) 716SA Plextors and they all came with Plextools Pro.:confused:

Back