• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where r the updates?

Giantdwarf

It`s been a while since i have seen any updates for anydvd, and been surprised about the new amount of movies that are hard or even impossible to back up..is every thing ok with slysoft, or you guys hitting some road blocks?

They are working on AnyHD-DVD. Not to mention these guys deserve to have a small break, they've earned it. It's only been a week, right?

It`s been a while since i have seen any updates for anydvd, and been surprised about the new amount of movies that are hard or even impossible to back up..is every thing ok with slysoft, or you guys hitting some road blocks?
No, we're all hanging out at the beach getting drunk. :D

Seriously, I don't know of any movies which can't be backed up with AnyDVD & CloneDVD2. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Ha! No, I won't! I am finished! The beta is ready! Let the beta testers test it...

... as I am taking a vacation. :D
Always bugs to be fixed in a beta. How many users took up that beta testing offer anyways?

Seriously, I don't know of any movies which can't be backed up with AnyDVD & CloneDVD2. Am I missing something?

I'm guessing the OP is a Shrink user:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885

As previously noted, Giantdwarf, you can rip with Clonedvd2 and import into Shrink if you desire.
Or you can use Anydvd ripper and import the main movie only into Shrink (with the newer Sony nonsense).

Last edited:
Always bugs to be fixed in a beta.
Sorry to sound arrogant, but my "betas" usually have release quality. :D
But the reports are collected for a while and then we'll make the fixes. There is no use to release a new beta every day.
How many users took up that beta testing offer anyways?
Don't know, that's not my department.

Sorry to sound arrogant, but my "betas" usually have release quality. :D
But the reports are collected for a while and then we'll make the fixes. There is no use to release a new beta every day.

Don't know, that's not my department.
I promise, it has bugs.

No, we're all hanging out at the beach getting drunk. :D

Since you said seriously.....

Seriously.. you're missing that there is a large segment of the AnyDVD community that does not want to be force funneled into CloneDVD2 against thier will. Some just like what they are using better, others don't like CloneDVD2 for whatever reason, and others (like myself) would feel hosed by having to buy CloneDVD2 for the express privilidge of making AnyDVD work again so I can import movies into Shrink/Nero as I've always done.

Last we knew, when you got done with AnyDVD-HD you'd take a look at your copy of SAW3 and get to the bottom of this. So do you have any idea "seriously" when this may come to pass??

-W

Since you said seriously.....

Seriously.. you're missing that there is a large segment of the AnyDVD community that does not want to be force funneled into CloneDVD2 against thier will. Some just like what they are using better, others don't like CloneDVD2 for whatever reason, and others (like myself) would feel hosed by having to buy CloneDVD2 for the express privilidge of making AnyDVD work again so I can import movies into Shrink/Nero as I've always done.

Last we knew, when you got done with AnyDVD-HD you'd take a look at your copy of SAW3 and get to the bottom of this. So do you have any idea "seriously" when this may come to pass??

-W
It's only Shrink that is having the problems, AnyDVD and other programs besides CloneDVD work with these newer DVDs.

It's only Shrink that is having the problems, AnyDVD and other programs besides CloneDVD work with these newer DVDs.

Patently untrue.... though that would be the prefered spin (hands DB a little Gold Star). It's not only Shrink.
Shrink is just getting most of the posts because it's the most popular of all the other Rippr/Transcoders.

-W

Last edited:
Have you been following the board the last two weeks??
Try doing a Windows Explorer Rip of SAW3 (no third party programs at all) - Import that rip straight into ANY burning Rom and burn it to a DVD9 - now TRY to play the resulting DVD. Get it yet??

And stop ankle biting.
-W

Try doing a Windows Explorer Rip of SAW3 (no third party programs at all) - Import that rip straight into ANY burning Rom and burn it to a DVD9 - now TRY to play the resulting DVD. Get it yet??

And stop ankle biting.
-W
I don't have Saw 3 and I don't waste money on DL DVDs. And what is ankle biting?

Don't know... Saw3 is still waiting on my desk to be examined. But I have the premature feeling, that on the fly decryption (what defines AnyDVD) won't cut it anymore for Shrink.
The technical reason is simple: AnyDVD does not, can not and will not analyze the .vob files. Why? It would defeat its primary purpose, as it would need to scan the whole disc after you inserted it. You don't want to wait 15 minutes for the disc icon to appear in explorer. This would be a waste of time, as a copy tool like CloneDVD wouldn't take longer to copy the whole disc to the harddrive.
So you need to "repair" the disc and save the repaired files to harddisk. AnyDVD ripper was a "kludge" which did this, but still - it isn't AnyDVD's primary purpose.
You can use any "repair" tool to copy the disc to harddisk. Maybe VOBBlanker would do.
You could copy the files to harddisk and use FixVTS on the files. Or kindly ask jeanl to add a "copy from A to B" option into FixVTS.
IMHO using CloneDVD2 really is the best and most elegant solution, as you can "preprocess" the disc already while copying it. Something AnyDVD ripper or FixVTS cannot do.
Nevertheless, I *will* look into Saw3 & Co., and if I find a way to make Shrink happy, I'll do so. Unfortunately Shrink isn't really saying much useful why it dislikes the input. "Not enough storage to process this command" isn't really helpful.

No. What will happen? I would believe it will play..???
If the original plays with AnyDVD running, so would a 1:1 copy.

I use DVD shrink and have not had any problems except for today with (are we allowed to state movie titles?)...

Back