• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD has reported PAL disc as NTSC

bubbles19

Just wondered why but I just picked up Pan's Labyrinth (R2 UK) cheap today and away to back it up.

I noticed that AnyDVD 6.2.0.1 reports the disc as NTSC :confused: but upon checking playback it is defiantly PAL (also another decrypter reports it as PAL):confused::confused:

No biggy as it all works but just curious as to why it is mis-reporting it.

Attachments

• Pans Labyrinth Anydvd.jpg
    Pans Labyrinth Anydvd.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Pans Labyrinth Dvdfab.jpg
    Pans Labyrinth Dvdfab.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
Just wondered why but I just picked up Pan's Labyrinth (R2 UK) cheap today and away to back it up.

I noticed that AnyDVD 6.2.0.1 reports the disc as NTSC :confused: but upon checking playback it is defiantly PAL (also another decrypter reports it as PAL):confused::confused:

No biggy as it all works but just curious as to why it is mis-reporting it.

I would have told you, if you had sent the AnyDVD_Info file. :D

James - I have attached the Info window in the first post or do you mean the IFO files?

I mean the AnyDVD_Info file you get when you "enable logging".

James - I have attached the Info window in the first post or do you mean the IFO files?

Post the Anydvd zip file to the forums (and I'd recommend updating to 6.2.0.2)

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

I mean the AnyDVD_Info file you get when you "enable logging".

I'm with you there;)

Just read one of the stickies so here goes.

I knew there must be a good reason for that option to be there (when I enabled it a while back:D:D)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_PL_Disc1.zip
    58 KB · Views: 7
I'm with you there;)

Just read one of the stickies so here goes.

I knew there must be a good reason for that option to be there (when I enabled it a while back:D:D)

Well, the disc is mastered incorrectly. What IFO Edit has to say:

[00000100] Video attributes of VMGM_VOBS 0 [0000]
Video attribute details:
Video compression MPEG-1
TV system NTSC 525/60
Aspect ratio 4:3
Automatic Display Mode pan-scan & letterboxed
CC for Line21-1 (NTSC only) no data
CC for Line21-2 (NTSC only) no data
Bit Rate VBR
Source Resolution 720x480 (NTSC)
Letterboxed top&bottom cropped no
Mode Camera

EDIT: AnyDVD doesn't care, so this is just a cosmetic problem.

Thanks for the feedback James

Didn't think it was going to cause a problem as it has backed up just fine:)

bubbles19 said:
CDROM Class LowerFilters:
dvd43llh (System32\DRIVERS\dvd43llh.sys), Version: 3.5.0.0 (3.5.0.0)
Company: RIF
Product: DVD For Free
Copyright: Copyleft © 2002 - 2005 RIF
Description: dvd43llh.sys
FileVersion: 3.5.000
ProductVersion: 3.5.000
@ bubbles19,

To prevent any possible conflict error problem caused by have two decipher programs installed at the same time suggest completely and totally removing the DVD For Free (DVD43) software program from your computer. The DVD For Free (DVD43) software program is very invasive and causes conflict error problems when installed in conjunction with the AnyDVD software program.

Since you have AnyDVD there is no reasion to have the DVD For Free software program installed.

Regards,
Coaster

@ bubbles19,

To prevent any possible conflict error problem caused by have two decipher programs installed at the same time suggest completely and totally removing the DVD For Free (DVD43) software program from your computer. The DVD For Free (DVD43) software program is very invasive and causes conflict error problems when installed in conjunction with the AnyDVD software program.

Since you have AnyDVD there is no reasion to have the DVD For Free software program installed.

Regards,
Coaster

Coaster

Thanks for the info but I only have one running at any one time so no conflict (also have both disabled from starting up on windows boot).

I help out on another forum and use dvd43 for that:)

Alex

@ bubbles19,

It doesn’t matter if you have the DVD For Free (DVD43) software program disabled when you are using AnyDVD.

The problem is that even with the DVD For Free (DVD43) software disabled the DVD For Free (DVD43) low-level dvd43llh.sys driver is still installed in Widows Registry. There is well document history that the DVD For Free (DVD43) and AnyDVD low-level drivers interfere with each other. The SlySoft Technical staff on many occasions have requested that to prevent driver conflict errors problems not to attempt to have both DVD For Free (DVD43) and AnyDVD software programs INSTALLED at he same time.

It’s your computer and you are free to operate it in any manner that you chose. I am just making you aware of possible low-level driver conflict error problems that might arise.

Regards,
Coaster

Last edited:
Back