• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyclic Redundancy Error - Cars

Grae

I know what you are thinking, "not another bad disc problem" but this isn't as far as I can tell a bad disc.

I'm trying to copy Pixar Cars on DVD, set to region 2, and was bought some time ago (2005/2006) in the UK. When I run AnyDVD in the backgroung and use CloneDVD to clone the disc the DVD cloning starts as normal, however with 1 Min 55 Secs to go I get a Data Error (Cyclic redundancy Error) appear every time.

After reading your forums on similar problems I tried using Nero CD-DVD Drivespeed and it gave the disc a clean bill of health (log file attached).

I have also set the logging to enabled on AnyDVD and that is also attached.

AnyDVD version is 6.2.0.1
CloneDVD version is 2.9.1.2 registered to 12072072

My DVD Writer has the latest Firmware version installed.

The question is am I doing something fundamentally wrong or is this a symptom of one of the encryptions used by Disney as It is doing the same thing with DVDFab, DVD HD Decrypter, Ripit4me, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.:confused::confused:

Attachments

• FileTest.txt
    222 bytes · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_CRZ0EUW2.zip
    101.1 KB · Views: 5
Do this while I'm looking at your .zip file please.

cdrbsdrv (system32\drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys), Version: 7.5.0.0 (7.5.0.0)
Company: B.H.A Corporation
Product: B's Recorder GOLD7
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2004 B.H.A Corporation
Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
FileVersion: 7. 0. 0. 5
ProductVersion: 7. 5. 0. 0
PrivateBuild: 7. 5. 0. 0

1. Try uninstalling B's Recorder GOLD7, and see if that makes a difference.

Also check to ensure that filter is no longer listed in your registry:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "cdrbsdrv". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

2. Try disabling the AI scanner in Anydvd. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->Navigate to "Video DVD"-->"Settings"-->AI scanner)

Ok, I have either installed or removed as per your suggestions above. Couldn't find any programs referring to B's Recorder Gold 7 so I am assuming that is a leftover from a previous software installation that has been subsequently removed.

I'm going to try and clone the DVD with the AI scanner off now. I will post the log, or more info shortly.

Thanks for your help so far! :bowdown:

Ok, I have either installed or removed as per your suggestions above. Couldn't find any programs referring to B's Recorder Gold 7 so I am assuming that is a leftover from a previous software installation that has been subsequently removed.

I'm going to try and clone the DVD with the AI scanner off now. I will post the log, or more info shortly.

Thanks for your help so far! :bowdown:

) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "cdrbsdrv". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

) Create a backup of your registry
iv) Reboot

Have already done this before my last post, and have done what was described for the AnyDVD installtion but still the same thing happening (see attachment).

Could it be something to do with the Encryption routines?

Attachments

• Cars.jpg
    Cars.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2
Have already done this before my last post, and have done what was described for the AnyDVD installtion but still the same thing happening (see attachment).

Could it be something to do with the Encryption routines?

Your screenshot is too small for me to be able to read it. I would like to be able to read the full error message

Please reupload your .zip with Anydvd 6.2.0.2

Maybe James will need to take a look.

I don't know if this helps but I've cut the error message which is attached. I've also attached the .zip file too.

Disc has been cleaned three times, and has even been through a SkipDR as there was some minor scratches on it.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_CRZ0EUW2.zip
    93.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Disc has been cleaned three times, and has even been through a SkipDR as there was some minor scratches on it.

I've got a feeling that despite the fact Nero scandisc isn't reporting read errors the disc is simply damaged and needs to be replaced.

However, it's possible that James will take a look and see if there's an issue with the protection on the disc.

Might be worth waiting for his input. I assume that he is in the States so he will probably not get this until after Thanksgiving.

Thanks for your help so far;)

Looks like the disc (or your reader) is damaged.
As the read error is in VTS14, you can try to disable titles 39, 40 and 41 in CloneDVD.

Back