• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not recognizing any DVDs

bbseven

I had been using AnyDVD successfully for some time on my Windows Vista Media Center PC (32-bit OS). Recently I upgraded to a new PC, same OS. When I install AnyDVD, Windows does not recognize any DVD's that I insert into the drive. AnyDVD scans the drive, and provides information as if the drive should be ready (see attached screenshots) but Windows Explorer just ejects the DVD when I try to navigate to it, and no DVD software will recognize that there is a DVD in the drive.

Any idea what the problem could be? Is there incompatibility with the DVD drive installed in this new PC?

I'm running the latest version, 6.2.0.1.

Attachments

• AnyDVDStatus.jpg
    AnyDVDStatus.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 17
  • AnyDVDDrives.jpg
    AnyDVDDrives.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 11
I'm running the latest version, 6.2.0.1.

The latest version, as of this post, is 6.2.0.2

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Thanks for your quick reply. After uninstalling AnyDVD, and rebooting, the drive works again. I should mention that while AnyDVD is installed, it wouldn't even read a data CD. I skipped the IDE drive section for Vista because the drives are SATA. Pretty much everything else doesn't apply. I installed the ImgBurn program, and this is the filter information (without AnyDVD Installed). Does this help at all?

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Strangely, when I reinstalled AnyDVD the 3rd time (after installing ImgBurn) it worked! The only thing I can think of is that ImgBurn did something, or auto corrected the problem.

I ripped a movie, everything seems to be good now. Thanks for your timely help.

Strangely, when I reinstalled AnyDVD the 3rd time (after installing ImgBurn) it worked! The only thing I can think of is that ImgBurn did something, or auto corrected the problem.

I ripped a movie, everything seems to be good now. Thanks for your timely help.

It's possible you simply needed to reboot. Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you now.

As I have maintained before, a beta is a beta is a beta, and an official release version is an official release version. The latest official release version is 6.2.0.1 no matter how you couch it....:D

As I have maintained before, a beta is a beta is a beta, and an official release version is an official release version. The latest official release version is 6.2.0.1 no matter how you couch it....:D

While that's true, no one should be using 6.2.0.1 if they have access to 6.2.0.2

The problem is back. I was able to rip 2 DVD's. Now I'm experiencing the same problem. Any idea what could be causing this? This is the filter list:

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.2.0.1
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.2.0.1
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall. DO STEP D

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6202.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

If that doesn't work go on to step 2.

2. i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

ii. For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

3. Visit your motherboard's website and look for bios updates and driver updates. If you bought your system from an OEM vendor then contact that vendor (I.E. Dell, HP, etc.)

4. Try new cables on the back of drives

5. Try a different drive.

It seems that I have to frequently reboot for my DVD player to work when AnyDVD is installed. Do you think it has anything to do with CableCard? I have 2 installed in this new PC.

It seems that I have to frequently reboot for my DVD player to work when AnyDVD is installed. Do you think it has anything to do with CableCard? I have 2 installed in this new PC.

I'm not sure.

I used AnyDVD today to copy quite a few DVD's without watching TV on the media center and had no problems unlike yesterday when I watched TV in the middle of copying and had problems.

I'm starting to think there is an incompatibility with AnyDVD and CableCard PC's, at least this one.

I used AnyDVD today to copy quite a few DVD's without watching TV on the media center and had no problems unlike yesterday when I watched TV in the middle of copying and had problems.

I'm starting to think there is an incompatibility with AnyDVD and CableCard PC's, at least this one.

That's certainly a possibility. Generally, if you are having problem it's best not to have a bunch of other processes running in the background while attempting to backup a dvd.

Back