• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray and Region Coding

psgolfer

Both Live Free and Die hard gave me the same screen shot with Any DVD HD:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.2.0.1)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0C SEP19 ,2006RE2D
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24172224 sectors (47211 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: RESCUE_DAWN
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc appears to be locked to Region B & C!
Blu-Ray disc adjusted to Region B!

Rescue dawn plays fine, although with Live Free or Die Hard I had to rip to HDD to play. I was getting a message from Power DVD along the lines of "this movie is locked to region A".

My friend has my copy so I am not sure exactly what it said but was quite strange that I was able to watch from HDD but not directly from disk.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

P.S. even with the message from Anydvd HD. I can still watch rescue dawn fine without having to rip to HDD. I am also in North America.

Cheers

If you open up AnyDVD HD and go to the Blu-Ray config screen, there is an option there to get AnyDVD to remove the region coding

If you open up AnyDVD HD and go to the Blu-Ray config screen, there is an option there to get AnyDVD to remove the region coding

Yes, and I do have "Remove Blu Ray Region Coding" checked. With "Automative" selected.

Any other suggestions as to why this might be occuring?

Cheers

i have noticed this too i have just tried pirates of the Carribean on automatic removal of region setting and it doesnt seem to remove it properly ie still locked to the region it thought the disk was from in the first place. it thought it was region C which is odd as a live and purchased the disk in the UK. However if you select the option in AnyDVD to change the region code to that of your player, or uncheck the region coding flag then the disk will play.

Bit bizzare though as it works on all my other Blu-Ray disks including ones with BD+ on them

i have noticed this too i have just tried pirates of the Carribean on automatic removal of region setting and it doesnt seem to remove it properly ie still locked to the region it thought the disk was from in the first place. it thought it was region C which is odd as a live and purchased the disk in the UK. However if you select the option in AnyDVD to change the region code to that of your player, or uncheck the region coding flag then the disk will play.

Bit bizzare though as it works on all my other Blu-Ray disks including ones with BD+ on them

This seems to be a problem with Any DVD and maybe something that the guru's might want to look into with further version releases and updates.

This seems to be a problem with Any DVD and maybe something that the guru's might want to look into with further version releases and updates.

This effect has been there from the very beginning and it's difficult to improve.
AnyDVD HD can't always detect the region coding right - because with BD the region coding is not "written on the disc", you simply can't determine the region code. AnyDVD needs to "guess", so sometimes it's wrong.
In those cases, you must set AnyDVD's region manually to (one of) the region(s) of the disc - not the player's region.
Or if the region matches anyway, you can also disable the region code removal.

This effect has been there from the very beginning and it's difficult to improve.
AnyDVD HD can't always detect the region coding right - because with BD the region coding is not "written on the disc", you simply can't determine the region code. AnyDVD needs to "guess", so sometimes it's wrong.
In those cases, you must set AnyDVD's region manually to (one of) the region(s) of the disc - not the player's region.
Or if the region matches anyway, you can also disable the region code removal.

This doesn't work for me. Is it dependent on what version of Powerdvd that is used? I'm using 3319a and I get the error code for Pirates, Die Hard 4 and Sunshine. If I upgrade PowerDVD to 3516 then I can play these discs by disabling AnyDVD and matching the region in PowerDVD but since you only have 5 attempts to change the region this is not viable.

EDIT: Die Hard 4 is working OK but my region B Pirates at Worlds End and Sunshine give a region code error no matter what I try using 3319a and 6.2.0.2 beta.

Last edited:
This doesn't work for me. Is it dependent on what version of Powerdvd that is used? I'm using 3319a and I get the error code for Pirates, Die Hard 4 and Sunshine. If I upgrade PowerDVD to 3516 then I can play these discs by disabling AnyDVD and matching the region in PowerDVD but since you only have 5 attempts to change the region this is not viable.

EDIT: Die Hard 4 is working OK but my region B Pirates at Worlds End and Sunshine give a region code error no matter what I try using 3319a and 6.2.0.2 beta.

I would post your findings in the sticky thread under Blu Ray movies that don't work with 6.2.0.2. Read the notes and it will explain how to post the log.

Cheers

Back