• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

stupid disc question

nerothehero

lite on dvd sohd 16p9s

Does anybody know what disc work with this drive? It seems like every other spindle of discs i buy won't work on this one. I just wanted to know if anybody had any thoughts, thanks

I have had zero issues with the TY Valueline discs purchased from Shop4tech. Verbatim is frequently on sale @BestBuy.

What is wrong with the TY Valueline? If I remember right, TYs are considered archival quality, and play back perfect on my basic Toshiba player.
I consider TY Valueline to be my first choice, and only purchase Sony, TDK or Fuji if I run out of TY Valuelines...

Opinions? Anyone?

What is wrong with the TY Valueline?

They are not simply not held to same standards as the premiums. I don't recommend the valueline (and a higher rate of these typically also suffered from bonding issues that were reported on the internet).

If I remember right, TYs are considered archival quality

No. Not really

TY has its own archival quality line (but I haven't seen them)

and only purchase Sony, TDK or Fuji if I run out of TY Valuelines

Sonys are average, and the other two are pretty junky (especially TDK from Costco)

They are not simply not held to same standards as the premiums. I don't recommend the valueline (and a higher rate of these typically also suffered from bonding issues that were reported on the internet).

No. Not really

TY has its own archival quality line (but I haven't seen them)

Sonys are average, and the other two are pretty junky (especially TDK from Costco)

Thanks for the info!

I've used the TY Valueline for 2 years. Took a quick look at my account at a favored vendor, and I have purchased 41 x100 count discs since 2005. Some 4x discs, but most 8x. Have never seen the 'bonding issue'. And have seen very few discs fail due to bad media. Ridata seemed to have more failures when I first started my collection.

I think I might try the regular Tys.

Thanks for your time! And enjoy the holiday if you are in the US!!

Bad Medium

:confused: I hope this letter is in the right place. Webslinger, I have read your opinion about several blank media. In your last list you mentioned TDK Costco as being poor quality. I have been using this brand for about a year. I admit I DO have some problems with playing backups. You suggest using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality. I have seen some of these brands on various shelves, but I haven't seen them with the printable surface. I'm in Calgary Canada so where can I buy these 'better' discs that can be printed on??? I do NOT want to go back to stick-on labels if I don't have to. Can you help me???

:confused: I hope this letter is in the right place. Webslinger, I have read your opinion about several blank media. In your last list you mentioned TDK Costco as being poor quality. I have been using this brand for about a year. I admit I DO have some problems with playing backups. You suggest using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality. I have seen some of these brands on various shelves, but I haven't seen them with the printable surface. I'm in Calgary Canada so where can I buy these 'better' discs that can be printed on??? I do NOT want to go back to stick-on labels if I don't have to. Can you help me???

Yeah, check out Ncix.com and blankmedia.ca

Both should carry the discs I've mentioned (including printable ones)

lite on dvd sohd 16p9s

Does anybody know what disc work with this drive? It seems like every other spindle of discs i buy won't work on this one. I just wanted to know if anybody had any thoughts, thanks

I use Verbatim in my Lite-On's........ as well as all of my other brands.

Thanx, Webslinger. I found these disc on the site at Memory Express Calgary..Can I say that? These forums scare me....Taiyo Yuden 4.7GB 16x DVD-R, Silver Inkjet Printable, 100 Pack made in Japan. The price is $42.95. I've been paying a lot less, but if these are good media, then-go-for-broke I say. I thought it might help if you know what I'm running.....A brand new OPTIC COMBO FROM DELL CANADA

HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCCH10N
Opiarc DVD+-RW AD-5170S______101B (Latest firmware)_______
Ok...thanx for any advice you give me.....I'm a senior in age and I always listen to a senior in tech positions.

The price is $42.95. I've been paying a lot less, but if these are good media, then-go-for-broke I say.

Paying the extra now will assure good quality copies that will still be viewable in the future.

Thanx for the help guys. I did find them cheaper at blankmedia.ca just like webslinger said. I've already ordered them:clap: . I told you...I DO listen to senior techs.Thanx again

Back