• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My problem with Ratatouille

fordman

Can someone explain why I can not RIP a movie with NERO 7.xx (using AnyDVD 6.193) with AI Scanner on and ripping the movie only works, while turning the AI Scanner off.

What is the use of the AI Scanner anyway ?

:confused:

As Clams Canino states, there are a few movies that don't work with AI Scanner, and for those that do, I recommend you review each title set to ensure that the AI scanner hasn't adversely altered it. For instance, I found that one of the recent betas truncated the audio and video optimization routine on the Ratatouille region 1 DVD. The main move, deleted scenes, and other bonus features seem OK, but the VTS that contains the video and audio optimization routine terminates abruptly during the speaker setup phase. I played the VTS manually and verified that it had been truncated from the original DVD version.

It seems that AI truncated several VTS on this title as a necessary method of getting rid of protection, but it went too far on this particular VTS.

Meanwhile, this title would not rip with AI scanning disabled, so I'm at a loss for how to get a perfect full DVD backup on Ratatouille with AnyDVD. (I backed up with AnyDVD set for AI scanning (default and deep scan produced same results) and used CloneDVD in full DVD9 mode.)

fordman

chum and fordman, it might be a good thing to report these movies starting with posting a zipped log file.

chum and fordman, it might be a good thing to report these movies starting with posting a zipped log file.

Will do. I'll post under one of the Ratatouille threads. I encountered this issue right before going on business travel for a week and when I wrote this I was still away from the computer where I copied the DVD and still have the files. That's why I was less specific about the AnyDVD version I used, though I believe it was 6.1.9.6 beta, and according to Webslinger all subsequent betas have only addressed HD issues.

I'll certainly do my part to help make the AI scanner and AnyDVD more reliable.

Thanks,
fordman

Use the search function and do some reading and you will find out what it is.....

Will do. I'll post under one of the Ratatouille threads. I encountered this issue right before going on business travel for a week and when I wrote this I was still away from the computer where I copied the DVD and still have the files. That's why I was less specific about the AnyDVD version I used, though I believe it was 6.1.9.6 beta, and according to Webslinger all subsequent betas have only addressed HD issues.

I'll certainly do my part to help make the AI scanner and AnyDVD more reliable.

Thanks,
fordman
Can you please post an AnyDVD_Info file, created with AnyDVD 6.2.0.0 beta? It contains additional debug information.
You can post it in *this* thread. Thank you!

Anyone with Ratatouille region 1 can check to see if the optimization issue affects them and post the 6.2.0.0 info file here. :)

(I don't have this disc. :))

C'mon people help out! :)

So, I've backed up 150+ DVD's with no problems till now, using AnyDVD 6.2.0.1 --> Nero Recode 2.2.6.17.

Ratatouille is giving me the following error message when the burn cycle begins:

"required file VTS_08_0.VOB not present","reallocation failed"

Zipped log file should be attached. Any ideas are appreciated!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_RATATOUILLE.zip
    106.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
...also the Nero log. Not sure if this is helpful.

Attachments

• NeroRecodeRat.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
phairphair,
FYI in the future use Nero Recode to do a movie not NeroVision as per your log. You can do it w/ Vision but Recode is way better. You started out in Recode but somehow it finished up in NeroVision. The errors in the logs state that it could not compress the vob's enough in certain titlesets

Last edited:
phairphair,
...You started out in Recode but somehow it finished up in NeroVision. The errors in the logs state that it could not compress the vob's enough in certain titlesets

Don't know about the NeroVision thing. I always use recode. Why would compression be an issue if I'm making a 1:1 copy to a DL blank?

You need to use Anydvd ripper with this disc if you're using Recode.

Thanks for the reply.

So there is no known solution for Recode? I was hoping for a fix that wouldn't require me to buy new software.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

So there is no known solution for Recode? I was hoping for a fix that wouldn't require me to buy new software.

What are you talking about? Did you click the link? Did you read, fully?

You don't need to buy new software. But you do need to read.

If you would take the time and effort to search and read a little it might save you from posting questions that have been previously answered......

Thanks for the snide condescension.

I wasn't being condescending nor snide. If I were trying to insult you, I would be more blatant.

Moreover, it's certainly not my fault that you didn't read fully.

You lack the temperament to be an effective moderator. Before you post you might want to consider if you would use the same tone to someone's face.

I agree with you insofar that I am not someone who goes around greeting everyone and playing "nice guy". I answer questions, and I answer them effectively. I also spend a fair amount of my free time trying to help people here, and I do not appreciate the insult. You wanted help; you got it. And now you have the gall to insult me for the manner that help was given to you.

I have no reservations saying whatever I want to anyone's face (and not simply because what I say is correct and fair), and I direct you now to the forum rules:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=51369

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

'We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Consider this a warning: insult or disrespect me again, and I will ban you. :policeman:

Last edited:
phairphair,
FYI in the future use Nero Recode to do a movie not NeroVision as per your log. You can do it w/ Vision but Recode is way better.

The Copy DVD function in the main Nero burning application is the only way to get 100% true backups. The only reason to use Recode is if you're trying to fit a dual layer DVD onto a single layer blank.

Anyway, hopefully the zip file that was posted will help for troubleshooting the issue involving the optimization menu issue with this disc.

Don't know about the NeroVision thing. I always use recode. Why would compression be an issue if I'm making a 1:1 copy to a DL blank?

So you're using DL blanks? I just don't get it. WHY do people use Recode? Do they feel that the backup is someone better if they've used some kind of software to mess with the contents of the disc? Wouldn't a person want a DVD that is as close to a 1:1 copy of the original as possible? All I hear with people with Nero is Recode, Recode, Recode. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The "Copy DVD" function is right there in Nero Burning ROM, it's quick, easy, and you get a 1:1 backup, with the original dates and times, label, DVD-ROM content, layer break, short disc ID, etc. All that is lost with Recode. Can someone please explain why they think Nero Recode is in fact superior to Copy DVD? I apologize for my tone, but I feel like I want to jump through the computer screen and spaz out! :)

Last edited:
So you're using DL blanks? I just don't get it. WHY do people use Recode? Do they feel that the backup is someone better if they've used some kind of software to mess with the contents of the disc? Wouldn't a person want a DVD that is as close to a 1:1 copy of the original as possible? All I hear with people with Nero is Recode, Recode, Recode. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The "Copy DVD" function is right there in Nero Burning ROM, it's quick, easy, and you get a 1:1 backup, with the original dates and times, label, DVD-ROM content, layer break, short disc ID, etc. All that is lost with Recode. Can someone please explain why they think Nero Recode is in fact superior to Copy DVD? I apologize for my tone, but I feel like I want to jump through the computer screen and spaz out! :)
Different strokes for different folks. I want to remove ALL crap from the DVD. Plus I remove a lot of restrictions like the parental lock etc. Some people like to do a 1:1 copy, others edit the DVD till their hearts content. I am obviously the latter :)

Thanks for the snide condescension. I misuderstood the the instructions and thought that this meant I would have to use DVDClone:

You lack the temperament to be an effective moderator. Before you post you might want to consider if you would use the same tone to someone's face.
And before you go and get yourself some respect for the Moderators here, read the rules. Goodbye.:policeman:

Back