• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI Scanner

nunya

I read the "read this before" section and I am still a bit confused. Which AI Scanner setting is best? and why? :confused:

I read the "read this before" section and I am still a bit confused. Which AI Scanner setting is best? and why? :confused:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091

25. What is the the purpose of the AI scanner? Should I leave it enabled?

The AI scanner is intended for use with video-dvds that contain structural copy protection (some examples include Sony Arcoss, Protect-dvd, etc.) The AI scanner scans through the dvd's menus to find all playable titlesets. In this manner, the AI scanner can then ignore all of the bogus titlesets and simply choose to include only the the valid titlesets that the dvd player can play. In theory, the AI scanner allows Slysoft developers to update Anydvd less often to deal with newer structural disc protections. However, there may still be some bugs in the AI scanner that need to be ironed out.

You should allow the AI scanner to be enabled (default) unless you encounter problems. If you encounter problems, try (in this order)

a) disabling the A.I. scanner
b) using "Deep Scan" (this setting may take a very long time to scan your disc)

"You should allow the AI scanner to be enabled (default) unless you encounter problems."

Could you please elaborate on what a problem would be exactly? I am still kinda new at this stuff, I see issues from time to time, but I am unsure how diagnose wether it is an AI Scanner issue or not.

"You should allow the AI scanner to be enabled (default) unless you encounter problems."

Could you please elaborate on what a problem would be exactly? I am still kinda new at this stuff, I see issues from time to time, but I am unsure how diagnose wether it is an AI Scanner issue or not.

Well, all you have to do, really, is answer two questions when you have a problem, and we can go from there. The two questions to answer are (and the first one really isn't a question):

1) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Whenever you have a problem, those are the two basic steps/questions that we need answered in order to assist you. So feel free to post about problems that you're having, but when you do, please answer those two questions. Thank you.

It's too difficult for me to state whether a certain problem you're having is related to the AI scanner without having those two questions/steps answered.

Last edited:
Thank you for your patience. I will printout the information you provided me and keep nearby just in case an issue does come up. Again, thank you.

Back