• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I'm out of the blue not able to rip DVD's geting CSS decoding error some1 please help

ritchie8

I'm out of the blue not able to rip DVD's geting CSS decoding error some1 please help. Thanks

Decoding error

i'm using the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD

1) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums. If you made a backup, do this step for both the original disc and the backup, please.

2 ) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

3) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

CSS Error Message ( Thoughts? )

I'm getting a Clone DVD2 is not for use in copy protected DVD's

CSS encoding is prohibiting me from ripping the DVD's.

I have always upgraded my ANYDVD and CLONEDVD and I've been ripping and burning movies for forever now. Not sure why I'm all of a sudden getting this message.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Are you getting that error message with all commercial dvd-movies?
Remember that you may need to reboot after updating Anydvd.

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd. Check the sticky at the top of this forum.

2) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Click "ok".
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) click "upload"

This may sound daft, but have you got anydvd running when you are ripping?

@ ritchie8,

Isn’t this posting just a continuation of your AnyDVD Forum 31Oct07 posting titled “I'm out of the blue not able to rip DVD's geting CSS decoding error some1 please help” ?

It should be noted that you failed to provide the information Forum Member Webslinger requested in his #4 posting in your 31Oct07 posting. Perhaps if you had responded in your 31Oct07 posting Forum Members would have been able to troubleshoot your CSS Error problem weeks ago and your CSS Error problem would have been corrected on/or about 31Oct07.

In summation it is almost impossible for Forum Members to provide meaningful assistance when the Member fails to respond and provide the requested pertinent information.

Regards,
Coaster

@ ritchie8,

Isn’t this posting just a continuation of your AnyDVD Forum 31Oct07 posting titled “I'm out of the blue not able to rip DVD's geting CSS decoding error some1 please help” ?

Thanks for pointing this out.

@ritchie8,
do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing

Yes this is a continuation!!

I apologize....I find this sight very awkward to use. I'm working on the instructions given now!! Thanks For Your Help1!!!

I apologize....I find this sight very awkward to use. I'm working on the instructions given now!! Thanks For Your Help1!!!

Also ensure you're using the latest version of Anydvd (currently 6.2.0.1 as of this post).

Some Info (Man I wish I could just call someone!!)

My original problem was on my Laptop with the CSS error. My Laptop apparently hasn't been taking the updates to ANYDVD it's back on an old version.... So instead of fooling with that I'm going to try and get my Personal Home Computer to work. The problem with it is:

It doesn't detect my external drive.

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!
HP DVD WRITER 840E 66FF 05/07/27CNN410016B

Yes I'm on the current version of ANYDVD.

Dam Dam Dam. this sight wont' let me send my screen shot it's says the files too big.

Do you know someone that will talk to me through a real email account. This sight is really bothering me.

The problem with it is:

It doesn't detect my external drive.

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!
HP DVD WRITER 840E 66FF 05/07/27CNN410016B

1. If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it
when you have a movie inserted in that drive.
Some drives' firmware may report the wrong
information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly.
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12 (Zebadee's Anydvd works fine)

2) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Click "ok".
attach.gif

l) click "upload"

Last edited:
I give up tonight. This forumn really bothers me!!

Thanks for your help tonight...but navigating through this forumn sucks.

Can I communicate with some through my own email account?

@ ritchie8,

I fail to see what is so difficult and/or complicated about navigating through the SlySoft Forum. This Forum is just like thousands of other Web Forums.

Just review Forum Members Webslinger #4, #7, & #14 postings in this thread and answer the simple questions. Forum Member Webslinger has provided detailed information on exactly how to post attachments to Forum postings. After you provide the requested information knowledgeable Forum Members will then be able to review and analyze the information and be able to provide a solution to your problem.

Regards,
Coaster

Back