• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Probably a Stupid Question

PaulH2

I have been using AnyDVD for about a year to watch my Region 1 and 2 DVDs via my HTPC (running Vista Ultimate 64 bit using the Windows Media Centre, not the best I know, but it works well with my remote).

With the release of the LG GGC-H20L hybrid drive I'm thinking of making the upgrade to high definition DVD but am a little confused as about what I need to do, software-wise.

My primary problem (as far as I can tell) is that my Samsung 720p TV (connected to the HTPC via DVI) does not support HDCP (well I'm pretty certain it doesn't). Now I know from the documentation and forums here that upgrading to AnyDVD HD will solve that problem, however I'm confused as to whether I simply need to run AnyDVD HD and play the disks or whether I will have to rib the disks to my hard drive and play them back from there (which is obviously a issue with the latest versions of PowerDVD)?

Clearly the longer term solution is a 1080p HDCP compliant TV, however that will have to wait for 2 or 3 years!

I'm sure I'm just missing something very obvious, but would appreciate it if you guys could clarify this question for me.

Thanks,

Paul

I have been using AnyDVD for about a year to watch my Region 1 and 2 DVDs via my HTPC (running Vista Ultimate 64 bit using the Windows Media Centre, not the best I know, but it works well with my remote).

With the release of the LG GGC-H20L hybrid drive I'm thinking of making the upgrade to high definition DVD but am a little confused as about what I need to do, software-wise.

My primary problem (as far as I can tell) is that my Samsung 720p TV (connected to the HTPC via DVI) does not support HDCP (well I'm pretty certain it doesn't). Now I know from the documentation and forums here that upgrading to AnyDVD HD will solve that problem, however I'm confused as to whether I simply need to run AnyDVD HD and play the disks or whether I will have to rib the disks to my hard drive and play them back from there (which is obviously a issue with the latest versions of PowerDVD)?

Clearly the longer term solution is a 1080p HDCP compliant TV, however that will have to wait for 2 or 3 years!

I'm sure I'm just missing something very obvious, but would appreciate it if you guys could clarify this question for me.

Thanks,

Paul

you can use it either way, as long as any dvd is running you can watch your dvds without HDCP equipment

you can use it either way, as long as any dvd is running you can watch your dvds without HDCP equipment
Brilliant, thats exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you very much for your help!

Just note that there's higher compatability with HD-DVD then for BD.

Back