• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD Ultra build 3516 released!

Work very fine with AnyDVD 6.2.0.0. I can watch 'spiderman' and 'the guardian (japanese version)' without problem now~~so happy!:)

Work very fine with AnyDVD 6.2.0.0. I can watch 'spiderman' and 'the guardian (japanese version)' without problem now~~so happy!:)

You mean that you can play those titles directly from the drive?
Some have tested, and the playback of HD rips from HDD is impossible.

you cannot play your backups from the HDD the option to select the file to play is greyed out

you cannot play your backups from the HDD the option to select the file to play is greyed out

So... they didn't change a thing, then? Instead of giving an awkward error about drive not being closed, they greyed out the option? Score.

I think they said the DVD-Forum told them to remove the "play from the HD" option. With every update the more restrictive it becomes, now I'll just wait till Slysoft HD Media Player, wink wink :D

I honestly think if Slysoft created a media player everyone would ask for refunds for powerdvd and switch over.

Last edited:
I think they said the DVD-Forum told them to remove the "play from the HD" option. With every update the more restrictive it becomes, now I'll just wait till Slysoft HD Media Player, wink wink :D

I honestly think if Slysoft created a media player everyone would ask for refunds for powerdvd and switch over.

Does anyone know if Slysoft really plans to make a media player? Just let me know when it's available and I will buy it.

Does anyone know if Slysoft really plans to make a media player? Just let me know when it's available and I will buy it.

Haha, no. The only information we've gotten, I believe, is something along the lines of an "open source/free HD-DVD player", but nothing concrete.

Believe me if and when this happens, it will posted posted here right off.;)

Without doubting on Slysoft's brains, I don't think it is their job.
Look at their softwares: they "only" remove protections.
Creating codecs (maybe not from scratch...) which will be able to read MPEG-2 (HD or not), MPEG-4 and VC-1 is far from what they do now... And I don't tell you about navigation...
For me, this is a dream, and will remain like this since a long time... sorry guys.

Without doubting on Slysoft's brains, I don't think it is their job.

I don't think anyone thinks it's their job to create a software package just because we want it, but at some point it's got to look more and more appealing.

Just judging from this forum alone, there are tons more issues with Cyberlink's problems than anything Slysoft has done/has produced. The very fact we're talking about a new build a of a product that Slysoft doesn't make, on the AnyDVD HD forum, tells me a lot: People are using AnyDVD with no problem, but having issues with the playback. You can't separate the two at some point. If they're ripping the discs fine, cracking MKV4, removing region protections, etc, but some random patch by Cyberlink goes and, oopsy daisy, removes the ability to play back from the HDD... well, then we can't our backups either way, can we?

I've always found it ironic how much information I've found about PowerDVD on this forum. It's amazing; not unexpected, mind you, but we're basically discussing a Third Party Product each time we bring it up, aren't we :D?

I know we're talking about something which is really wanted from customers, but I think making such a player is far from easy and, so far, is not Slysoft's softwares predilection.
I know PowerDVD sucks, I was one of those who were very upset... until I found that we *MUST* install it in its default folder, unless I was unable to play Java-BD discs and had other bugs...
Now, I'm happy with AnyDVD 6.2.x.x and PowerDVD 3319a.
Just one question: why do people always want to play the BD from the hard drive? It just plays well from the disc itself.... :confused:

Just one question: why do people always want to play the BD from the hard drive? It just plays well from the disc itself.... :confused:

Not for me it doesn't. If I want to watch one of my many Blu-ray movies (God I love format wars...I got 8 movies last week and only had to pay for 2 cause of various deals/sales/etc) on my HTPC, I need to rip it using my PS3 first. Why not just play it on my PS3 then? Maybe I don't wanna! :D The HTPC gives me more control.

I believe thats because people with HTPC's connected to their HDTV like to have the ability to pick & choose which movie to watch without swapping disc's everytime. If you get a large HDD, then you can store many movies on it and never have to swap a disc to watch what you want. Thats just my guess. :agree:

Is it working with reclock again?

Surprisingly, yes. It looks like they removed the "rootkitish hiding" from the process list they introduced with 3911 (which was really, really stupid). This very likely caused ReClock to fail (it compares the process name with the list where it is allowed to load), and some remote control software like iMon couldn't find the PowerDVD process, too (remote didn't work).
I don't know, if Cyberlink will change this again...
The good news: HD DVD web enabled content seems to work now... at least a little better than before. But I really don't need or want this, so 3104 stays my preferred version.

Other 3516 observations:
HD DVDs still play fine with AnyDVD decrypting (no HDCP needed).
Blu-rays still play fine with AnyDVD decrypting (no HDCP needed), except BD+ titles. They show a cryptic error message.

Surprisingly, yes.

Good news that reclock is working again. I hope you will find time in the near future to dedicate some work to the development of reclock.

The good news: HD DVD web enabled content seems to work now... at least a little better than before. But I really don't need or want this, so 3104 stays my preferred version.

Same here, but it's good to know that one can update the software if necessary without loosing a stable system.

Other 3516 observations: HD DVDs still play fine with AnyDVD decrypting (no HDCP needed). Blu-rays still play fine with AnyDVD decrypting (no HDCP needed), except BD+ titles. They show a cryptic error message.

Hm, strange, so BD+ means you have to use 3104 anyways? I don't care too much, as 3104 works just fine for me so far, but one never knows ...

Thank you James! :)

You mean that you can play those titles directly from the drive?
Some have tested, and the playback of HD rips from HDD is impossible.

Yes, absolutely could playback directly from BD disc:agree:

Back