• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Little Camera in the corner?

smm

When I watch the DVD's that I've burned there is a little white camera in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It will pop up for a few minutes and then it will go away and then it will pop up again a few minutes later. What is this and is there a way to get rid of it? Thanks!

When I watch the DVD's that I've burned there is a little white camera in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It will pop up for a few minutes and then it will go away and then it will pop up again a few minutes later. What is this and is there a way to get rid of it? Thanks!

Yeah, that's the angle icon used by your dvd player. You need to read your dvd player's manual to learn how to disable it (probably some setting in your dvd player's setup menu).

Yeah, that's the angle icon used by your dvd player. You need to read your dvd player's manual to learn how to disable it (probably some setting in your dvd player's setup menu).

Thanks for your help!!

I've noticed that when trying to remove the angle icon, as per the dvd manual and remote, sometimes it just will not go away. One of my Star Wars is like that one my Surf's Up.

I've noticed that when trying to remove the angle icon, as per the dvd manual and remote, sometimes it just will not go away. One of my Star Wars is like that one my Surf's Up.

Then that's an issue with your specific dvd player. I never have the angle icon showing.

I've read reports where this can also be caused by removing the PUO from the VOBs.

I've read reports where this can also be caused by removing the PUO from the VOBs.

If the capacity to display the angle icon is disable in the dvd player's setup menu, I'm confused as to how it's even possible to trigger the display of that icon.

Or are you just saying that with angle display enabled that "removing PUOs" may cause the angle icon to be displayed?

It's only been 2 movies out of 200 that do this, and it's on all my DVD players, all different brands, models, to include 2 different stand alones, a portable, and one of the headrest kinds that go in your vehicle. And, for the record, I never mess with PUOs or VOBs.

It's only been 2 movies out of 200 that do this, and it's on all my DVD players, all different brands, models, to include 2 different stand alones, a portable, and one of the headrest kinds that go in your vehicle. And, for the record, I never mess with PUOs or VOBs.

If you disable the capacity to display the icon in your dvd players, then it's impossible for that icon to be displayed. Period.

As for PUOs, you do "mess" with them by default if you're using Anydvd. Prohibited User Operations are disabled by default.

HA, I guess it would have helped if I'd known what PUO meant. I figured since I didn't know what it stood for, I must not mess with it.

As far as your statement about disabling the capacity to display icon, I know, makes sense right? I've tried everything. Maybe I'll send you a copy and you can try it out, is that legal?

As far as your statement about disabling the capacity to display icon, I know, makes sense right? I've tried everything. Maybe I'll send you a copy and you can try it out, is that legal?

Well, provided your Star Wars movies don't have Jar Jar in them, then I own the same dvds. And nothing I do forces the angle icon to appear when I have the angle icon turned off in my dvd players.

In answer to your question, no; that's not legal.

Ok, I'll give up on the issue.

That's horrible that two people can't share one movie, for research purposes.

That's horrible that two people can't share one movie, for research purposes.

Strictly speaking, if you're in the U.S., it's simply illegal to make a backup of dvds that you own if you're circumventing the copy protection on the disc in order to produce that backup (but it's highly unlikely anyone will be able to win a court case against you). And your Fair Use rights do not take precedence. I feel that's even more insidious.

Back