• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Let's hear your email to CyberLink about the "3319f..u" update!!

Trader

Ok I'd like to get a list of people who emailed Cyberlink and asked for a refund.

Here's my bitch email to them...

"(Subject) - play back from Hard drive?

With the last update, I can no longer
play movies from my media server
(Network Hard Drive). Is there a new
patch to fix this? This is really the
only reason I purchased this software.
If this is no longer an option I would
like a refund. "

I will post there reply when I get it.

Lets drive these A..Holes NUTS for taking away functionality that we PAID for!

Here's probably what they would say back:
Dear sir, We're sorry that you no longer feel the need to continue using Powerdvd. We will be glad to send you back your money, minus a hefty service fee. We know that with your likely large collection of Hi-def films, you ll coming crawling back to us since there is no other player on the market. Yes we know it, and we don t care about anything other than your money. Additionally, thanks to Sony, we have added a "extra" component to Powerdvd 3319f, that will examine your entire computer to verify that you no longer are using our product, and because we get money from Sony to violate your righs and freedoms. Have a nice day,
Cyberlin

I was kidding about the "extra" thing being added, but it wouldn t surprise me.

My first return email from them said the usual "sorry if you want your money back that is OK".

I sent them a reply saying I would like to know if they are going to fix the problem, because when it works their product does a good job and I would like to keep it for the time being.

This is their response to that:

We can very well understand your concern and the implication of this situation as a user and apologize for any inconvenience faced by you.

We have got the same response from many of our PowerDVD Ultra software users.

CyberLink is discussing this issue with concern organization on behalf of CyberLink customers. Thats why we told you that this issue is under consideration.

But it can take some time to get some updates about this issue. You have to wait.

In the mean time if you want you can take a full refund for the PowerDVD Ultra software. For that you can follow the information provided in the previous email.

We again apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

It sounds like their tech support and refund office is getting hit pretty hard and they are trying to find a way to satisfy us as well as the studios. Unfortunately I do not think there is much middle ground to be had.

It sounds like their tech support and refund office is getting hit pretty hard and they are trying to find a way to satisfy us as well as the studios. Unfortunately I do not think there is much middle ground to be had.

I'm sure that CyberLink is getting slammed by complaints as they very well should be. You cannot remove a feature such as this that has been around forever in the manner they did. It was a silent change that was never listed in the release notes. Every customer has the right to be livid. If everything had been on the up-and-up then it should have been clearly noted in numerous places that this change had occurred before people installed the newest update. It wasn't. Shame on CyberLink for that regardless of them being strong-armed into removing the functionality.

I don't think the "organization" that forced CyberLink to remove the ability to play files from the HDD will necessarily back down but I think we all have a pretty good idea who they are. That said they are looking at pissing off the HTPC community which is growing bigger and bigger as the days go by and they could very well result in the crippling if not death of a company like CyberLink with this type of action. Would that really be in the best interest of said "organization"? I'd have to answer with an emphatic no to that question.

What I don't understand is why people continue to use 3319x when 3104a works perfectly fine with the current versions of AnyDVD HD. If you don't like 3319 then go back to an older version that works. Wait until Cyberlink gets their act together and then download the version that has the fixes included.

That said they are looking at pissing off the HTPC community which is growing bigger and bigger as the days go by and they could very well result in the crippling if not death of a company like CyberLink with this type of action. Would that really be in the best interest of said "organization"? I'd have to answer with an emphatic no to that question.

CyberLink makes most of its money by bundling PowerDVD with commercial hardware, and with store bought HTPC's.

Us "geeky" HTPC types can't hurt them too much compared with the support they need from the corporations.

-W

What I don't understand is why people continue to use 3319x when 3104a works perfectly fine with the current versions of AnyDVD HD. If you don't like 3319 then go back to an older version that works. Wait until Cyberlink gets their act together and then download the version that has the fixes included.

I can't even use the newer versions. They totally f*** up my system and bring it to a crawl. I'm staying with 3104a.1. As for why some people don't stay with that version is because some HD/BD movies won't play correctly with the older versions. Then again some titles won't play with the newer versions either.

CyberLink makes most of its money by bundling PowerDVD with commercial hardware, and with store bought HTPC's.

Us "geeky" HTPC types can't hurt them too much compared with the support they need from the corporations.

You have a sadly valid point. However, personally, I'm wishing for a class action lawsuit. CyberLink is not publicizing the change in the software unless someone emails support and bitches. They are selling their software under false pretenses and this amounts to fraud. I hope they get nailed to a wall. Even if it isn't fully CyberLink's fault they do owe it to the consumer to: (1) live up to what the consumer purchased if they purchased a version of PowerDVD before they removed functionality and (2) clearly notify new purchasers that they will be unable to play ripped discs from their HDD before they shell out money!

Yet another example of where the consumer gets shafted.

Already got my refund - called element5 customer service and received it within 5 days.

I can't even use the newer versions. They totally f*** up my system and bring it to a crawl. I'm staying with 3104a.1. As for why some people don't stay with that version is because some HD/BD movies won't play correctly with the older versions. Then again some titles won't play with the newer versions either.
I guess I've been one of the lucky ones that hasn't had a problem with disc playback. The only issue I've had with BD or HD-DVD playback has been with AnyDVD HD not being able to handle them until the more recent versions. Then again, I don't play back the movies from disc but rather I rip them to the hard drive first and then play them back from the file folder.

I guess I've been one of the lucky ones that hasn't had a problem with disc playback. The only issue I've had with BD or HD-DVD playback has been with AnyDVD HD not being able to handle them until the more recent versions. Then again, I don't play back the movies from disc but rather I rip them to the hard drive first and then play them back from the file folder.

You're obviously not using the latest version of PowerDVD then as they've disabled playing from the harddrive

"This program has never worked correctly. It will not play Blu-ray discs as advertised, it will not output a digital signal as advertised, and now it will not playback programs on the HDD as advertised. I have contacted Cyberlink numerous times without resolution of any of the issues. This appears to be blatant false advertising and a violation of the FTC act."

Element5 is "processing" my refund

refunds

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra software.

This feature has been removed from the new version due to some security policies of the organization which set standards for HD/BD DVD's.

We have already escalated your case to higher department and you have to wait for sometime for updates regarding this issue.

However, if you want to take the refund for the PowerDVD Ultra software then please follow the below mentioned information :-

Regarding the refund issue, we would like to tell you that all our sales/refund related issues are handled by our sales partner, Element5. Please contact them using the link that follows:

customer_service.html

Other E-mail address: processing@element5.com

Also go through the FAQ section on the above page for more information.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly use the below mentioned link to get quick answer to your further reply :-

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards

Said I would have a refund within 48 hours we will see...

Ok I'd like to get a list of people who emailed Cyberlink and asked for a refund.

Here's my bitch email to them...

"(Subject) - play back from Hard drive?

With the last update, I can no longer
play movies from my media server
(Network Hard Drive). Is there a new
patch to fix this? This is really the
only reason I purchased this software.
If this is no longer an option I would
like a refund. "

I will post there reply when I get it.

Lets drive these A..Holes NUTS for taking away functionality that we PAID for!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyberlink's Reply

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra software.

In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that this feature to play HD/BD DVD's from the harddrive has been removed from the new build of the CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra software. So, if you use the new build of the PowerDVD Ultra software then you will not be able to play HD/BD DVD's from harddrive.

This feature has been removed from the new version due to some security policies of the organization which set standards for HD/BD DVD's.

We have already escalated your case to higher department and you have to wait for sometime for updates regarding this issue.

However, if you want to take the refund for the PowerDVD Ultra software then please follow the below mentioned information :-

Regarding the refund issue, we would like to tell you that all our sales/refund related issues are handled by our sales partner, Element5. Please contact them using the link that follows:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............didn't i just read this somewhere?

OK, so who is going to FIX PowerDVD to get our "PAID FOR" functionality back.

new version on their website, but can't download it as the site is overloaded

People are paying ridiculous sums of money to them and they can't even get people who can write in correct English:

"...security policies of the organization which set standards for HD/BD DVD's."

but it really must be

"...security policies of the organization which set standards for HD/BD DVDs."

:confused: is all i can say...

powerdvd ultra update to build 3516

downloading the new update the update log is the same for the previous build that did not work so they aint saying they've enabled the play back from HDD option i will try it and post back lets hope it has been fixed ;)

no it will not play in fact when you look for the files on your HDD the option to select the folder to play is greyed out all they seem to have done is remove the error message people where getting so it is still a no go :mad::mad:

"...security policies of the organization which set standards for HD-DVD/BD."

Back