• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Patch coming on 11/16

ftimer

Hello All:

Im my effort to get my hands on the 3104 patch for PowerDVD, I sent the following message to Cyberlink support:

Hello, I am a registered PowerDVD ultra
owner and the latest update crashes my
Vista machine when I try to run it. The
last version that worked was the 3104
patch. However in installing the new
patch, I overwrote the 3104 patch which
is no longer available on your site.

Can you please send me a link for the
3104 patch so that I can start using
PowerDVD again?

And I received the following reply today:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.
We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra.
We apologize for the inconvinience caused to you.
We regret but currently we have disabled all the patches associated with PowerDVD Ultra as our esteemed customers were facing similar type of issues with them.
We will release a new patch on 2007/11/16. We request you to kindly wait till then and we will provide you the latest full software after that.
Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

So it looks like unsurprisingly, they stirred up a shitstorm with their latest patch release. I am pretty sure that 80%+ of PowerDVD customers bought it ONLY to play DVD or HD content from folders....

I wonder if this new 11/16 patch will restore the "play from harddrive" option...

I'll give you better than even odds that if it detects a BD+ folder on that hard drive backup it refuses to play it, however...

I'll give you better than even odds that if it detects a BD+ folder on that hard drive backup it refuses to play it, however...

Benes@AVS said:
I asked Cyberlink why I couldn't play my own authored discs from the hard drive. Here is their response:

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra.

Please note that PowerDVD Ultra 3319e and 3319f does not support HD content playback from hard drive.

If you try to play HD content from the hard drive, you will get an Error Code: 8090000A. Door is open or disc in not present.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards

Seems to be irrelevant if the detects the folder or not... it will not play anything anymore from disk... which would be a shit. I normally try my homevideos from disk before writing them on a BD-R but luckily i don't need PDVD anymore.

F

I got a message from them telling me I needed to get in touch with element5 for a refund

Seems to be irrelevant if the detects the folder or not... it will not play anything anymore from disk... which would be a shit. I normally try my homevideos from disk before writing them on a BD-R but luckily i don't need PDVD anymore.

F

Um, did you read the first post in this thread? :) They're releasing a patch to "fix" the playing from a folder. But, I bet that the "fix" won't allow a folder to play back that contains the BD+ folder contents.

I contacted them asking if this was going to be changed and if not I would be requiring a full refund as they removed a key feature of the product I purchased.

This is the responce I received.

Dear Richard,

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra software.

In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that this issue is already being forwarded to our higher departments. And it can take time to get any response on this issue. You have to wait for it.

So, if you want to take refund for the PowerDVD Ultra software then you can take it.

Regarding the refund issue, we would like to tell you that all our sales/refund related issues are handled by our sales partner, Element5. Please contact them using the link that follows:

customer_service.html

Other E-mail address: processing@element5.com

Also go through the FAQ section on the above page for more information.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

Sounds like they are just willing to hand out refunds rather than fix the problem at hand.

What a consistent response people are getting from them. /sarcasm. So which is it? Are they releasing a new patch to address the problem or are they simply willing to refund everyone's money? I'm willing to bet that those who bought it over 30 days ago don't get refunds.

Last edited:
I guess we wil just have to see what they do with the 11/16 patch. The kind of stunt they pulled with the stealth feature removal is the kind of move that can put a small company like theirs out of business.

On the other hand if the removal of the "play from folder" feature was not on their own initiative, but a response to the requirments from the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray license holders, then we are probably SOL...

Luckily I was able to grab Patch 3404 from the torrents (and it seems to work fine thus far (I even tested it on FF2, silver surfer)).

I contacted them asking if this was going to be changed and if not I would be requiring a full refund as they removed a key feature of the product I purchased.

This is the responce I received.

Dear Richard,

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra software.

In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that this issue is already being forwarded to our higher departments. And it can take time to get any response on this issue. You have to wait for it.

So, if you want to take refund for the PowerDVD Ultra software then you can take it.

Regarding the refund issue, we would like to tell you that all our sales/refund related issues are handled by our sales partner, Element5. Please contact them using the link that follows:

customer_service.html

Other E-mail address: processing@element5.com

Also go through the FAQ section on the above page for more information.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

Sounds like they are just willing to hand out refunds rather than fix the problem at hand.

Ya know, how difficult is it to find a company whose reps actually speak something vaguely resembling English, honestly?

I mean... w-t-f. One thing I love about Slysoft, I never have to ponder what language their representatives just pounded out on their keyboards, good lord.

Can you please send me a link for the
3104 patch so that I can start using
PowerDVD again?

You can still download it from their website...until they decide to pull them of course. :D

Here's the 3104a: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/powerdvd/CyberLink.3104a_EVR_Logo_DVD070703-04.exe
* Improves Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD title compatibility with PowerDVD Ultra

Also here's the newer 3104-R1: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/powerdvd/CyberLink.3104_R1_EVR_Logo_DVD070614-02.exe
* Improves Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD title compatibility with PowerDVD Ultra
* Enables support for secure BD/HD DVD playback on Intel 965/946 graphics chip with Windows Vista aero-glass interface enabled.

i got this reply to Cyberlink yesterday, seems quite definite,

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your issue, we regret the inconvenience you have encountered so far.

We regret to say that the feature of playing HD content from the hard drive has been removed from the PowerDVD Ultra software. You can only play the HD content using the Blu Ray DVD Drive and HD DVD Drive.

Do Standard Def DVDs work from HD?

If it does, it seems hypocritical to deny HD and not SD...

Nope, you can say it ( LOL) I give you permission. No banning for SamuriHL.:D:D:D

We'll just leave it at the point of me already hating PowerDVD Ultra for the HDCP crap and other concessions they had to make for the ridiculous amount of DRM that's placed on HD content...and this latest move makes me hate it even more. Those useless pr!cks controlling the AACS LA are simply pissing off good customers. Ohhhh, right, they're doing it in the name of stopping piracy. Yea, great. The pirates get clean no-nonsense copies of the content and we legitimate buyers get completely screwed and raped because we decided to be good little customers and buy the product the proper way. How is that right? No, they get no sympathy from me. And the fact that Cyberlink is forced to be in bed with them sucks even worse for them than it does for us. Do you think they like getting their customers in a foaming frenzy? Enough to actually request refunds? Not likely. But they aren't given a choice. The "do as we say or we'll revoke your license" nonsense hangs over them like a guillotine. One wrong move and it cuts their head off. The music industry is starting to figure this crap out, why can't they?

I am usually neutral SamuriHL but I agree with you. There is more to this than we know for fact. But I have this funny feeling, it might not be tomorrow but it will be sorted in our favor. Its just a feeling now, and just my opinion but in the end in wont be us getting mad.:disagree:

Um, did you read the first post in this thread? :) They're releasing a patch to "fix" the playing from a folder. But, I bet that the "fix" won't allow a folder to play back that contains the BD+ folder contents.

Dood did you read it? Here's the text from the first post:

We will release a new patch on 2007/11/16. We request you to kindly wait till then and we will provide you the latest full software after that.

So where does it say that it will "fix" anything - let alone that particular issue?
R.I.F.

-W

I'm already not too concerned. As long as Slysoft keeps up with this and continues to remove the DRM shackles from our media, we're good to go. Take this latest nonsense with PowerDVD Ultra, for example. While it's a pain, there's nothing stopping you from making an ISO image, mounting it in Daemon Tools, and having at it. Playback from hard drive. What are they going to do about that, remove playback from drives? :D They could try and blacklist Daemon Tools, but, better companies than them have tried and failed on that one. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yea, these stupid little things they do to inconvenience customers only serve to annoy honest people and do nothing to fix the problem they claim they're trying to solve.

Dood did you read it? Here's the text:

So where does it say that it will "fix" anything - let alone that particular issue?
R.I.F.

-W

Yea, my mistake. I took that as them fixing it, but, releasing a new patch isn't going to do jack **** if it doesn't restore this functionality. If it doesn't, then people who are requesting refunds better get them. Otherwise I can see a very large lawsuit in their future. What a pain in the @$$. This begs for Slysoft to seriously release a media player and be done with this crap once and for all.

Back