• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.8 beta

Is it an online MKBv4 database?
Isn't it possible to have a general key for those titles?

This has been discussed before. They're using a general key on the back end server that you connect to in order to acquire the title key that gets sent back. However, they're concerned about releasing said key into AnyDVD for fear of a competitor hacking the key. If it's safely stored on their server, the key is never revealed.

Smart Tag Feature...

Any update on the smart tag feature when launching an external application?

For example:

{drive_letter} would be replaced with drive letter of newly inserted disc
{title} would be the title of disc
{media_type} would be CD, DVD, HDDVD, BLURAY
{encryption_status} would be ACCS_Removed, BD+, etc.
{size} would be the size of the disc
etc.

Thanks!

Just got Full Metal Jacket - remastered version.

Wouldn't work under Anydvd 6.1.9.3 :(

Works fine under 6.1.9.8 beta though :agree: :clap:

PS Power dvd also wanted an update which I didn't bother with as anydvd can handle it on its own. Good work!

Thanks guys! Excellent work! I'll try Shrek when I get the chance. Do you have a donate page (even thought I already bought the software)?

Anyone else me with this: when I try to play some ripped HD DVDs (Day After Tomorrow for example) and BRDs using PowerDVD 2911 and/or 3104a.1 (vista x86) PowerDVD crashes right when the main movie starts to play. But if I go to XP Pro x86 (it's a dual boot machine) then it plays fine. Anyone else have this problem!?!

just heard from cyberlink,threatned to ask for a refund,they told me that they are working on a patch to fix the hdd issue,happy days.:clap:

a "patch" to fix the "issue" of them removing a feature. Yeah. How nice of them :rolleyes:, heh

Looks like Cyberlink are walking on a tightrope between us and the film studios - But it's us who pays their salaries

Looks like Cyberlink are walking on a tightrope between us and the film studios - But it's us who pays their salaries

Yes, and they are paying AACS' salaries, so something seems wrong :)

What about those people that have HTPC's that are not connected to the internet?

I'd also like to know about this. At present I have no internet connection on my flat (I'm working on it, but the phone companies are being S.O.B.s), and I don't want to drag my 360 HD-DVD drive or open the case of my HTPC to remove the BD-ROM in order to go somewhere that does have internet.

I understand why this is in place, but it's no use for paying customers when an internet connection is not part of the system specs on purchase.

Other than that, great work to date.

I'd also like to know about this. At present I have no internet connection on my flat (I'm working on it, but the phone companies are being S.O.B.s), and I don't want to drag my 360 HD-DVD drive or open the case of my HTPC to remove the BD-ROM in order to go somewhere that does have internet.

I understand why this is in place, but it's no use for paying customers when an internet connection is not part of the system specs on purchase.

Other than that, great work to date.

Don't worry, there will be timely updates available for download which you can transfer to your HTPC with an USB stick.

I'm just going to make a comment on this whole issue of not having an internet connection on your HTPC and worrying about not being able to connect to the server. Before HD came along, what exactly happened when a new protection came out on a DVD that you wanted to rip on your HTPC? You had to wait for an update to AnyDVD to be released and then copy the new version onto the HTPC. So how is this new situation any different at all? If AnyDVD HD doesn't work with a title you want to copy, you either A> have an internet connection and allow AnyDVD HD to update the key database in real time or B> wait for an update to AnyDVD HD to be released and then copy the new version onto the HTPC. As far as I'm concerned, this is completely a non-issue. For those that don't think it's fair to have to wait for an update if you don't have an internet connection, you simply need to look at the history of the program.

just heard from cyberlink,threatned to ask for a refund,they told me that they are working on a patch to fix the hdd issue,happy days.:clap:

How about fixing the issue with spdif output and Vista also. I've been jacking with these guys for 3 weeks and can't get a true response on this issue. All I get is some pansy response about AACS rules. I called BS on that and I told them that I wanted a refund since they are using false advertising regarding their product's capabilities.

>all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD

False.

One example would be 'Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer blu-ray US release, which requires PowerDVD v3319f to play at all, and then lacks the 'smart menu' to get to the extra disc content.

Another example would be 'The Fly' blu-ray US release which requires the same PowerDVD version to play.

PowerDVD 3104 is useless for these and I'm sure other titles as well so you might want to re-word your text.

One example would be 'Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer blu-ray US release, which requires PowerDVD v3319f to play at all, and then lacks the 'smart menu' to get to the extra disc content.

Uh, no. I used 3104 to play RotSS with no problems at all. I was missing the smart menu, yes, but, I was able to play the movie just fine from an ISO image that was created by my PS3.

And Ross also fully works with 3319a and the smart menu worked fine for me

Sorry for getting things wrong on this.

And Ross also fully works with 3319a and the smart menu worked fine for me

Interesting I wonder why that would be. I'm using the LG GGC-H20N drive, what drive are you using? I wonder if it's somehow a drive issue. I've seen the 'critical update' message at one time or another swapping back and forth between PowerDVD versions and have always answered 'No'. Could this be related?

Last edited:
the menu is a rotating button, you get 1 in the center and it rotates options. Does exactly the same on my PS3

the menu is a rotating button, you get 1 in the center and it rotates options. Does exactly the same on my PS3

Is that how it works? Hmmm, I'll have to try again on that image then. All I saw was the play option but the button was there. I didn't try doing anything else with it. I'll play it on the PS3 when I get home and take a look, as well.

Good lord thank you I can't believe that's what it's been with getting the menus the whole freaking time!

I noticed this morning that I was having quite few problems burning regular dvd's using shrink/nero/anydvd. Getting soft locks and burned a couple coasters, machine was just acting very erractic. Only change I had made in the last couple days was to go with this beta.

I rolled back to the previous beta and everything is back to normal.

Maybe this beta is causing problems with other software and regular dvd backup. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Back