• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying Handycam DVD's

E-Z

I am having trouble copying recordings over from my Handycam Recorder DVD's to regurlar DVD's. I would like to reuse the smaller recorder dvd's over and over anyone ran into this issue? And if it is possible can I copy over more than one?

Is there a problem with cloning my handycam DVD's over to regular DVD's using anyDVD?

Is there a problem with cloning my handycam DVD's over to regular DVD's using anyDVD?

Without knowing what format your handycam records in I have no idea. If it records in a dvd-vr format or any non-standard format, then yes there will be a problem.

Ok, I will remember not to crossport and I thought I was responding in the general forum, it records in all formats dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw, and dvd+r dl

Ok, I will remember not to crossport and I thought I was responding in the general forum, it records in all formats dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw, and dvd+r dl

I'm talking about video formats--and not blank media.

The dvd-vr format is not compatible with most dvd players. click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-VR

If that's what you've been recording in, then no, it won't work with Clonedvd.

And this thread belongs in the Clonedvd fourm.

Last edited:
DVD Handy Cam

I thought I was in the clone dvd forum, again sorry, the camera records in video and vr mode after reading the link you provided could it be that i'm using the wrong disk which is the dvd-rw. Do you think I need to try the dvd+rw to see if that will resolve the issue and I will make sure I choose the correct recording format on my dvd cam.

I thought I was in the clone dvd forum, again sorry, the camera records in video and vr mode after reading the link you provided could it be that i'm using the wrong disk which is the dvd-rw. Do you think I need to try the dvd+rw to see if that will resolve the issue and I will make sure I choose the correct recording format on my dvd cam.

The disc type you use shouldn't matter. What does matter is that dvd-vr is not a supported video format. So don't use it.

@E-Z

You have not said what DVD Camcorder you are using.
I have got a Sony DVD Camcorder and I have no problem copying the disc from my camcorder providing I finalise the disc before attempting to copy it.
In my case, using the Sony Camcorder, nothing will read the disc unless it is finalised.

Back