• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.8 beta

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6198.exe

6.1.9.8 2007 11 12
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for all MKBv4 titles (requires internet connection)
  • Note: It is possible, that the AnyDVD update server may be shortly unavailable during the beta test phase
  • New (Blu-ray): AnyDVD ripper copies BD+ titles
  • New (Blu-ray): Removed "BD+ not supported" warning, as all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD. Reports indicate, that burned BD+ titles work on PS3 and standalone players as well.
  • Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money. :)
  • Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

For those who can't tell, this update is predominately for the HD portion of Anydvd. For regular dvd-videos, no bug fixes have been introduced since 6.1.9.3.

So if you don't own Blu-ray or HD-DVDs, there's no reason to update that I can see.

Hmm I reckon they should split AnyDVD into 2 programs. AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD. That way when an update only concerns Blu-ray or HD-DVD, they only need to update AnyDVD HD. Also that way people who don't have/use HD players, can just look for standard AnyDVD updates and ignore the HD version.

I agree with this,slysoft should split anydvd into two programs

Hmm I reckon they should split AnyDVD into 2 programs. AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD. That way when an update only concerns Blu-ray or HD-DVD, they only need to update AnyDVD HD. Also that way people who don't have/use HD players, can just look for standard AnyDVD updates and ignore the HD version.

Well, if you read the release notes it is self-explanatory whether you need to update or not. If all the information listed discusses HD/BD and you don't have the AnyDVD HD upgrade then ignore the update. Personally, I see no reason to not update anytime a new version is released.

It would be more of a headache if they split the program in two for numerous reasons, IMHO.

I totally agree with Drinklyeanddie, i always update even though HD/BD updates do not apply to my setup.

Slysoft may slip up one day (you never know) and forget to include an important update in the release notes. Ooops.

Really love the programmes and the one anyDVD works for me.

In order to recieve "instant updates" for new HD-DVD and Blu-Ray releases, you need an internet connection so that AnyDVD can "phone home" and get the new keys "on the fly". If you don't have an internet connection, you just wait a week for the next updated version and get the new keys that way.

-W

In order to recieve "instant updates" for new HD-DVD and Blu-Ray releases, you need an internet connection so that AnyDVD can "phone home" and get the new keys "on the fly". If you don't have an internet connection, you just wait a week for the next updated version and get the new keys that way.

sounds like a bad idea to me, mpaa are just going to ddos that server, or get the isp to take it offline.

if they can do that then im suprised they havent already taken out slysoft.com :D i would guess that the slysoft servers are self-run or out of reach of the mpaa (though i wouldnt put it past them to do a ddos attack)

sounds like a bad idea to me, mpaa are just going to ddos that server, or get the isp to take it offline.

a) It's close to impossible to force our servers down like that, there are precautions

b) ddos attacs are clearly illegal, believe me, that's not the road they're going down.

a) It's close to impossible to force our servers down like that, there are precautions

b) ddos attacs are clearly illegal, believe me, that's not the road they're going down.

do you think there is a chance if only a remote one that the slysoft servers could be shut down :confused:

thats great news with the software being so good at what it does i was starting to wonder what the big studios would do to try and stop slysoft if they could do anything at all

A version for HD and another for Standard Titles??
I would hate to have to install 2 versions of anydvd and maintain 2 versions, which you would have to do if you copy both HD and non-HD titles.

It doesn't hurt to be current, if you use it or not!!

twocents.jpg

I really like the fact that "corporate world government" doesn't have a finger on SlySoft. :clap:

Back