• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI Scanner

plato

Dear forum-members!
I do have a question concerning the AI Scanner:
When AnyDVD analyzes the DVD "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and the AI Scanner is set on very fast (recommended) it tells me the following message: Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Now when you want to create an .iso-file with CloneDVD 2 it tells you bad DVD-structure repairing, please wait
In case of a deactivated AI Scanner there are not any problems with CloneDVD 2.
Question:
Is it possible that the AI Scanner destroys the DVD-Structure by himself through Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!?
What exactly is the sense of the AI Scanner? I mean if he causes problems like described above it is completely nonsense from my point of view.
Aside from that AnyDVD is a great software and I hope it will be successfully for many years!:clap:
Thx

When AnyDVD analyzes the DVD "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and the AI Scanner is set on very fast (recommended) it tells me the following message: Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!

That's normal.

Now when you want to create an .iso-file with CloneDVD 2 it tells you bad DVD-structure repairing, please wait

That's not normal.

Is it possible that the AI Scanner destroys the DVD-Structure by himself through Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!?

No.

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Dear forum-members!
I do have a question concerning the AI Scanner:
In case of a deactivated AI Scanner there are not any problems with CloneDVD 2.
In this case, I recommend to deactivate the AI Scanner (glad I added an option to deactivate right from the start).

Question:
What exactly is the sense of the AI Scanner? I mean if he causes problems like described above it is completely nonsense from my point of view.
It works very well in most of the cases and newer copy protections. In the rare case that it does not, you can disable it. I'll look into "Mr. and Mrs Smith", so AI Scanner will work with this disc, too. Is this the German (Alpha-DVD) or the Swiss (Arccos) disc?

It works very well in most of the cases and newer copy protections. In the rare case that it does not, you can disable it. I'll look into "Mr. and Mrs Smith", so AI Scanner will work with this disc, too. Is this the German (Alpha-DVD) or the Swiss (Arccos) disc?

Hello James! First of all I want to thank you for reading and answering to my topic! :clap:
It is the German (Alpha-DVD) version.

I've another problem with "Apocalypto": http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9706
could you also please have a look into this topic? Webslinger answered immediately, but I would be very happy if you would give a comment on my described problem.
Thank you very much again!

Last edited:
Plato, you need to start uploading the requested information:

d) Click "ok".
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) click "upload"

Plato, you need to start uploading the requested information:

d) Click "ok".
attach.gif

l) click "upload"

Sorry, Webslinger but those .zip - files contain data which make it possible for everybody to identify the user..?!

ok here is the .zip - file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_MR_MRS_SMITH.zip
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
ok here is the .zip - file

Oh, Alpha-dvd . . .

You should check to ensure you don't have the Alpha dvd rootkit on your system. click http://uninstall.settec.com/eng/

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd

Your filters look fine, by the way.

Oh, Alpha-dvd . . .

You should check to ensure you don't have the Alpha dvd rootkit on your system. click http://uninstall.settec.com/eng/

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd

Your filters look fine, by the way.

O.k. I've corrected the region.

Do you think this could be a possible reason for the issue?

I have heared that since AnyDVD 6.1.9.3 there haven't been any updates concerning DVD's. There have been only updates concerning HD and BluRay...
Is this true??

Yes. There have been no bug fixes in terms of regular dvds since 6.1.9.3.

O.k. but nothing was found. (I have always had AnyDVD activated when inserting the DVD).

You probably need to wait for an Anydvd update then. I suspect Anydvd doesn't currently support this dvd.

You probably need to wait for an Anydvd update then. I suspect Anydvd doesn't currently support this dvd.

O.K. But how can I experience whether there have been any updates also to normal DVD's?

O.K. But how can I experience whether there have been any updates also to normal DVD's?

There haven't been any updates to fix bugs for regular dvds. If you want to check, just read the release notes for each Anydvd update.

There haven't been any updates to fix bugs for regular dvds. If you want to check, just read the release notes for each Anydvd update.

O.K. Thx...
I'm just wondering why AnyDVD can't handle the Mr. and Mrs. Smith although the movie doesn't belong to one of the newest...

What do you think of the idea creating a database that contains all movies AnyDVD can work with correctly (each with a short information whether the AI Scanner was enabled or disabled, was the DVD ripped with AnyDVD, what software was used, was the full movie incl. menu copied and what blank media?)?

regarding AI Scanner:
you could try something similar to what pathplayer does with dvd fab-disable the scanner by default and only enable it if you encounter a problem dvd.

O.K. Thx...
I'm just wondering why AnyDVD can't handle the Mr. and Mrs. Smith although the movie doesn't belong to one of the newest...

I don't know. The protection in Region 2 differs from the protection used in Region 1.

What do you think of the idea creating a database that contains all movies AnyDVD can work with correctly

That's too much work for me. It's easier to keep an updated list of what discs won't work with Anydvd. And I do. There are stickies at the top of the forum.
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9028

regarding AI Scanner:
you could try something similar to what pathplayer does with dvd fab-disable the scanner by default and only enable it if you encounter a problem dvd.

Actually, your comment here underscores a lack of understanding of how the AI scanner works, and I'm not willing to divulge that information unless James does so first.

The AI scanner should be enabled unless you experience problems.

Back