• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD-DVD Blu-Ray Burning support for anydvd or clone dvd?

starz

Just wondering if theres away that support for burning riped BD-R HD DVD R can be added to Anydvd? I assume clone DVD also burns discs? what about a clone BD HD DVD?
so that it can work with standalone players? kinda like DVD has only no compression, or does anyone know of a application that can do this?
someone said before to move some folders over after a rip, can it be done some how without? for example I backed one of my discs to the hard drive but damaged the disc since?
I'm asking this after seeing a small price drop in BD-R blanks and hope to have a solution as the price continues to fall Burning!

Oh no not again this topic....this is the 5th time we have it. Ok I can tell you what Slysoft said the last imes they are planning to release something which can split HDDVDs for DVD-DL burning. And you can rip them also down. about Blu-ray nothing is said by Slysoft James doesn't like to add more Blu ray support from Slysoft side........

Oh no not again this topic....this is the 5th time we have it. Ok I can tell you what Slysoft said the last imes they are planning to release something which can split HDDVDs for DVD-DL burning. And you can rip them also down. about Blu-ray nothing is said by Slysoft James doesn't like to add more Blu ray support from Slysoft side........

Thats cool but most HD-DVD's are DL and most would use 3 DL discs some 4
and compression just pushes me back to just using DVD, now if you could trick your burner into writing 30 GB to a standard DL disc and have it playable in a HD-DVD player I'm all into HD heck with BD lol, but for the moment I haven't seen 1 HD DVD burner around, only BD - hopefully this will change in the future but the burner is rather pointless to me without 1:1 copying cause otherwise what was the point in HD media

Yes you would need up to 4 DVD-DL media, but they are cheap so it would be a good solution to backup the the movies for people who doesn't have that much space on their harddrive and by the while every HDDVD standalone player can play back a DVD with HDDVD structure on it so you could even watch the rips in a standalone.

The only interesting question for me what would happen if you rip a HDDVD burn the HDDVD structure to a Blu ray an throw this blu ray in an LG BH100 or LG BH200 if that would work I would really like that. But I am not able to try it out because I don't have a LG BH 100.

I think I should build a htpc that is the best solution.

or you could convert it to 720p, that should fit on a DVD9. Now i know i am going to hear "why would you, defeats purpose of HD." Well as i have said before, for us early adopters that can only display 720p, why wouldnt we? plus for people with 42 or smaller sets you cant tell the difference anyway.

or you could convert it to 720p, that should fit on a DVD9. Now i know i am going to hear "why would you, defeats purpose of HD." Well as i have said before, for us early adopters that can only display 720p, why wouldnt we? plus for people with 42 or smaller sets you cant tell the difference anyway.

720 P passes for me all I mean by why go threw the time of expensive HD media only to compress back to normal dvd quality thats all I ment, when you can simply just use DVD! but if you can get 720 P on 1 DL disc I'm all for it sounds good,

Yes you would need up to 4 DVD-DL media, but they are cheap so it would be a good solution to backup the the movies for people who doesn't have that much space on their hard drive and by the while every HDDVD standalone player can play back a DVD with HDDVD structure on it so you could even watch the rips in a standalone.

The only interesting question for me what would happen if you rip a HDDVD burn the HDDVD structure to a Blu ray an throw this blu ray in an LG BH100 or LG BH200 if that would work I would really like that. But I am not able to try it out because I don't have a LG BH 100.

I think I should build a htpc that is the best solution.

well DL is cheaper then a SL HD DVD blank I'll give it that how ever there not all that cheap to me if ur using 4 per movie they average 2.64 a disc thats 10.50 a movie, beats HD blank media yeah 17 bucks for a SL how ever Blu Ray media is by far cheaper to use if I get what I think ur getting at burning a HD DVD structure to a blank BD disc yes you could play them in a computer BD drive using power DVD ultra, haven't tried it but since you said that I'm gona test it to be sure, if your thinking about playing a disc burned like that in a multi format reader I don't think it will work in terms of standalone players I'm almost positive that would not work, standalone tend to go by disc type computers tend to go by data type,

I'll burn the HD DVD rip to a BD blank and see if it plays it from the BD rom,
it should cause in a computer it's just seen as another storage media,

Back