• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.8 beta

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6198.exe

6.1.9.8 2007 11 12
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for all MKBv4 titles (requires internet connection)
  • Note: It is possible, that the AnyDVD update server may be shortly unavailable during the beta test phase
  • New (Blu-ray): AnyDVD ripper copies BD+ titles
  • New (Blu-ray): Removed "BD+ not supported" warning, as all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD. Reports indicate, that burned BD+ titles work on PS3 and standalone players as well.
  • Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money. :)
  • Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

What about those people that have HTPC's that are not connected to the internet?

why is the comment about BD+ titles working on PS3's still there, it still doesn't work

Beat me to it

Why are you continuing to mislead your customers? This is 100% absolutely NOT TRUE. Maybe you should stop relying on these unreliable "reports" and get some players, burners, and movies for yourself to test these type of things. You have not cracked BD+ in any way, shape, or form. It was simply a happy accident that some of your customers have discovered you can copy the BDVSM folder from the blu-ray onto your hard drive, and because of a loophole PowerDVD will play it. This loophole by the way has been closed in the latest PowerDVD since they have disabled hard drive playback completely.

Once again: BD+ DISCS DO NOT WORK IN STANDALONE PLAYERS OR PS3.

calm down big guy... maybe they should just drop support for BR completely as it sounds like to much hassle... you bought into BR and its unfinished spec that they can change at a whim.... so deal with it...

Last edited:
Why are you continuing to mislead your customers? This is 100% absolutely NOT TRUE. Maybe you should stop relying on these unreliable "reports" and get some players, burners, and movies for yourself to test these type of things. You have not cracked BD+ in any way, shape, or form. It was simply a happy accident that some of your customers have discovered you can copy the BDVSM folder from the blu-ray onto your hard drive, and because of a loophole PowerDVD will play it. This loophole by the way has been closed in the latest PowerDVD since they have disabled hard drive playback completely.

Once again: BD+ DISCS DO NOT WORK IN STANDALONE PLAYERS OR PS3.

It's clearly stated "Reports Indicate...........". As with everything else that slysoft has done regarding supporting BR and HD DVD, it's a bonus.

It's great that your willing to take the time to pass on your feedback. We or shall I say, I, could care less for the commentary. If it works great, if not, then this is what testing is all about.

Cheers and happy HD Viewing!

You don't need to turn this into another format war discussion.

The issue is Slysoft is misleading their customers. And taking claim for something they haven't done. And I'm sure they know it.

ok ... are you burning a backup to a BD-RE disc? is this then being used in a SA and the PS3 ? have you authored the BD-RW disc correctly ?? i heard the PS3 will be stopping playback of any video on a BD-RE disc in the 2.0 firmware...

Last edited:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9120

This is the only person I found in a quick search who makes any claims about BD+ on PS3. Notice that he doesn't answer any follow up questions. Nor does he say whether he actually watched the movie to see if the video is still scrambled.

Stop this now.
This thread is very important for us to get feedback about the update. If you want to go rambling on with your who's right, who's wrong debate, open up another thread and dedicate that to it, so I can ignore it more easily.
I just hate to work myself through this kind of BS every time I'm looking for valuable feedback.

If you want to state that the BD+ titles don't work on the PS3 - well thanks, you did, now we know.
That is the kind of information that's appreciated here.

Harry Potter And The order Of The Pheonix

tried to back up with new beta but i get the following message:-

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.8)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 23300192 sectors (45508 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HP5_PHOENIX
Media is AACS protected!
Update request denied, please check your license and contact SlySoft support!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

is the update server down or can you not use this service whilst using the trial version :confused:

tried to back up with new beta but i get the following message:-

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.8)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 23300192 sectors (45508 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HP5_PHOENIX
Media is AACS protected!
Update request denied, please check your license and contact SlySoft support!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

is the update server down or can you not use this service whilst using the trial version :confused:
You are correct, you cannot use the service with the trial version.
Trial users need to wait for the (weekly ?) official updates.
The error message is misleading, I'll fix that. Thank you for letting me know.

Just tested with Shrek the Third.

AnyDVD says it needs a "critical update", I click yes, it does it's thing, then it works :)

Thanks guys.

AnyDVD says it needs a "critical update", I click yes, it does it's thing, then it works

Thanks guys.

God that sounds hot.

I've yet to try it, but if it actually says "critical update", might I suggest changing the prompt to something more friendly sounding, such as "lolz we need to hit the serverz to crack the codez!" kind of thing? Critical update sounds a bit... critical.

God that sounds hot.

I've yet to try it, but if it actually says "critical update", might I suggest changing the prompt to something more friendly sounding, such as "lolz we need to hit the serverz to crack the codez!" kind of thing? Critical update sounds a bit... critical.

We didn't invent that term ;)
It's just a quote - an "hommage", if you like.

AnyDVD says it needs a "critical update", I click yes, it does it's thing, then it works :)

Thanks guys.
Yes I also tried it and it worked perfectly. Thanks James and Peer.;)

Last edited:
Fantastic work guys what a truly brilliant program tried it and works like a treat keep it up and long may it last :D:bowdown::clap::clap:

Is it an online MKBv4 database?
Isn't it possible to have a general key for those titles?

Is it an online MKBv4 database?
Isn't it possible to have a general key for those titles?

its an online database i think you cant have a general key as every movie has a different key if im correct

Back