• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will We?

Charlie

Well I was wondering as well with allot of other members here is there going to be a charge for this when it is released?

I did allot of reading and yes a small fee is acceptable, however I know this is just a what if? But what if hd-dvd fails and blue ray wins the format war then the team must make a anydvd-bd So will there be yet another additional charge to those that get it? I know this is more of a PR question so please forgive me as these are good valid questions.

Not yet! It's still a bit too expensive for me.
Are you fortunate enough to have one already?
Heck no. I'm not paying over $100 for any movie player. Until you have a player and the movies, AnyHD-DVD is useless.

Heck no. I'm not paying over $100 for any movie player. Until you have a player and the movies, AnyHD-DVD is useless.

LOL, I feel the same way, but i just didn't want to offend anyone that is lucky enough to have one to enjoy.

I have the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. Currently researching what hardware configurations are best to play the movies, then I will rebuild my PC.

I am very interested in the developments of AnyDVD HD.

I did allot of reading and yes a small fee is acceptable, however I know this is just a what if? But what if hd-dvd fails and blue ray wins the format war then the team must make a anydvd-bd So will there be yet another additional charge to those that get it? I know this is more of a PR question so please forgive me as these are good valid questions.
It's probably a "We'll see" type of thing.

If Blu-Ray functionality is needed in the future, personally I think it's likely Slysoft would just add it in to the AnyDVD HD product, not design an entirely new program. Not much would need to be done, since AnyDVD HD would already apparently take care of AACS... they'd just need to overcome BD+ and Blu-Ray's region coding. The fact the name of the product was changed from AnyHD-DVD to AnyDVD HD implies the product could later be altered to work with both HD formats instead of just one, if it's necessary.

It's probably a "We'll see" type of thing.

I was hoping that one of the admins here would comment on this, I'm aware that the name change ont anyhd-dvd to anydvd hd for this, I just hate to pay the upgrade fee and have to pay another due to format change.

I was hoping that one of the admins here would comment on this, I'm aware that the name change ont anyhd-dvd to anydvd hd for this, I just hate to pay the upgrade fee and have to pay another due to format change.
Why? Slysoft is a good company, I have no problem paying them for use of their applications.

Why? Slysoft is a good company, I have no problem paying them for use of their applications.

Slysoft is great so that isn't the issue. All in all I guess it depends on the price for each, I would assume that if HD goes out and BD or BD+ wins the change would be free.

Sony throws a format, MS throws a format at us and we have to choose our fate, I am referring that I hope Slysoft isn't going to play this game to. No need to go into detail as in general you should know where I'm going at this. I do understand money is needed to continue growth and change.

They are, but I can't answer that, because I don't know myself.
Just to clarify: The "HD" in AnyDVD HD simply stands for "High Definition". We could call it AnyDVD "überpro" as well, if we like. (Well, luckily we don't).

I would consider it highly unlikely that if we support Blu-ray someday, we would make a separate product. It wouldn't make much sense, as only a few people would have both HD-DVD and Blu-ray players. And if one format completely fails, it wouldn't matter anyway.

But as I already said: I don't know it yet. I am just guessing as much as you are. :D

Back