• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hybrid HD-DVD

DetroitBaseball

I heard that some HD-DVDs are hybrid, having a DVD side. One side is HD-DVD, and one side is DVD. This interests me because I could start buying these hybrids and begin an HD-DVD collection while still being able to watch the movie in my normal DVD player until I can afford an HD-DVD player. But not all HD-DVDs are hybrid. What do you think? How can you tell if it is hybrid before you buy it?

I'd imagine it would be stated quite clearly on the disc's packaging... much in the same way current Dualdiscs have their own logo and packaging scheme.

I heard that some HD-DVDs are hybrid, having a DVD side. One side is HD-DVD, and one side is DVD. This interests me because I could start buying these hybrids and begin an HD-DVD collection while still being able to watch the movie in my normal DVD player until I can afford an HD-DVD player. But not all HD-DVDs are hybrid. What do you think? How can you tell if it is hybrid before you buy it?
The "Hybrids" are usually stored / listed together with the HD DVDs (which is in a way stupid, as the people looking to buy HD DVDs have a HD DVD player and won't care much about combo discs...???)
Eg, if you look at amazon.com, browse for HD DVDs. Hybrids will be marked as "Combo discs" (or similar).

Back